It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woodward: White House Warned Me "You Will Regret Doing This"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

This was really blown out of proportion, wasn't it?

CJ

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by redtic

CJ

Woodward blew it out of proportion but I have a few theories; it is after all a conspiracy site.

Theory One:
Woodward was using this moment to put out a clarion call of sorts, using knowledge that the White House indeed uses heavy handed tactics to control the press. All in hopes that others would begin to speak up and not be afraid. Sadly, if this theory is true, only one person spoke up.

Theory Two:
He is getting ready for a new book. He takes a vague comment from an email and lets it ride. Negative or positive, it gets media attention.

Theory Three:
Sequestration, Hagel confirmation, Kerry acting an ass on the world stage, etc etc is happening and Woodward played the press to kill a whole day and a half of it. Effectively taking the heat off it all.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Sure they do, and that is precisely why Woodward took the steps he did, so he says,
and other reporters. Wise as a snake to say he did not 'feel" threatened.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

"But I do truly believe you should rethink your comment about saying saying that Potus asking for revenues is moving the goal post. I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim. The idea that the sequester was to force both sides to go back to try at a big or grand barain with a mix of entitlements and revenues (even if there were serious disagreements on composition) was part of the DNA of the thing from the start. "

My apologies again for raising my voice on the call with you. Feel bad about that and truly apologize.

From Woodward to Sperling on Feb. 23, 2013
Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me.

Politico

Terribly and shamefully.
I couldn't even believe this was what set partisan tongues wagging.

That's got to be one of the friendliest exchanges you could get when someone merely disagrees with you.

Well...Woodward decided to make a fool of himself anyway by claiming he was threatened and Obama critics jumped on it like it was 100% pure Angus beef.

It turned out to be 98% Horse instead.

I've read harsher exchanges on this site, and the ones that take place here are mild and moderated.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hey, when we have freaking Democrats that make comments like this:

www.youtube.com...

And then get RE-ELECTED after that, nothing will surprise me.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Of course, I would go with door #1.

Some thoughts on door #2 and #3, Woodward is 70 years old, and has
a long standing reputation, and a good one at that. He does not need the
money or the publicity. Having read a few of his works, he is a technically minded
man, and most people are lost with his fact finding, journalistic style.

I just simply see no motive but door #1. With Woodward, reporting is his passion,
and most of the time when someone is passionate about their work,
there is no stopping them, even if peril lies ahead.

To tell you the truth, I would take 1 Bob Woodward over the other hundreds of thousands
of Eunuchs that comprise the MSM media.

I find it rewarding to see them all band together like the cult members that they are,
turning on him, and propping up the State ran propaganda machine.

edit on 2-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Agreed. I think this happens in a more subtle manner than we are lead to believe. The threat of "losing credentials", reporting as a free press, in a free society, is big. It is counter-intuitive that you have to ask the Government to be able to have access to the the Government. People have no problem with that and it is sad. Why do I need permission from the White House to be in the same room as the President to report on him or ask questions?

Woodward may very well have laid the ground-work for others to come out and start questioning that process.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Excellent summation, I so agree. One thing for sure,
he has been attacked relentlessly since this public disclosure
of his exchange....he must have had some idea of the backlash
and I would have loved to been a bot on the wall when he took his
1/2 hour verbal lashing.

edit on 3-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
More and more reporters are coming forward to comfortably disclose their run ins with White House staff. Thanks to Woodward...

This administration is more skilled and disciplined than any other in controlling the narrative, using social media to circumnavigate the press. On the flip side, our YouTube culture means even the slightest gaffe can be devastating, and so you have an army of aides and staffers helicoptering over reporters.

Finally, this week, reporters are pushing back. Even Jonathan Alter — who frequently appears on the Obama-friendly MSNBC — came forward to say he, too, had been treated horribly by the administration for writing something they didn’t like

“There is a kind of threatening tone that, from time to time — not all the time — comes out of these guys,” Alter said this week. During the 2008 campaign swing through Berlin, Alter said that future White House press secretary Robert Gibbs disinvited him from a dinner between Obama and the press corps over it.[...]

“I had a young reporter asking tough, important questions of an Obama Cabinet secretary,” says one DC veteran. “She was doing her job, and they were trying to bully her. In an e-mail, they called her the vilest names — bitch, c–t, a–hole.” He complained and was told the matter would be investigated: “They were hemming and hawing, saying, ‘We’ll look into it.’ Nothing happened.”

www.theblaze.com...

www.nypost.com...

Jay Carney's response to all of this in Todays presser....
Carney's inspiration..... right here. Carney is a dead ringer for Mr. Thurm...

edit on 4-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Wow, they will stop short, but very short with the language.
That is utterly disgusting!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
he is lucky they didnt get all patriot act on him, declare him a terrorist and ship em to guantanamo..wicked world we live in when the first ammendment isnt recognized and neither is the second
edit on 4-3-2013 by dirtybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtybird
he is lucky they didnt call patriot act on him, declare him a terrorist and ship em to guantanamo to be waterboarded for the rest of his days. wicked world we live in..

Or wait til he went on vacation overseas and call in a Predator drone strike!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
indeed, but now the potus has it so they can drone him right on U.S. soil
(pew pew pew) (target aquired do we have the green light?) (copy that falcon 2 its a go....light em up) (lots of gunfire) (target neutralized)
edit on 4-3-2013 by dirtybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by dirtybird
he is lucky they didnt call patriot act on him, declare him a terrorist and ship em to guantanamo to be waterboarded for the rest of his days. wicked world we live in..

Or wait til he went on vacation overseas and call in a Predator drone strike!

Yes, all in good fun. Of course, something that would never happen. But fun to say!

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join