Woodward: White House Warned Me "You Will Regret Doing This"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by jibeho

Screaming and ranting seems to be a common denominator with the WH bullies....

And profantiy too. These guys could take a job with The Mafia.....

HEY!

We are just legitimate biznizz guys... don' be lumpin' those goons and crooks in government in wit us respectable sorts!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by burntheships

The only thing I take umbrage with is your post says something about "national security". How is an aircraft carrier in the persian gulf bringing "national security"?

By ensuring you have enough gas to drive your car in Colorado.

Total BS! Having lots of aircraft carriers in the middle east ONLY creates tension, and tension creates volatility. Volatility creates artificial demand and artificially lowers the supply. We are creating problems in the middle east JUST to stick it to russia and china. The arrogance will eventually backfire on the american dumbasses who believe such drivel.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

The only thing I take umbrage with is your post says something about "national security". How is an aircraft carrier in the persian gulf bringing "national security"?

Total BS! Having lots of aircraft carriers in the middle east ONLY creates tension, and tension creates volatility. Volatility creates artificial demand and artificially lowers the supply. We are creating problems in the middle east JUST to stick it to russia and china. The arrogance will eventually backfire on the american dumbasses who believe such drivel.

How do we ensure we get enough gas? by what means?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Who is "we"? That is my first question.

Oil, gas, gold, silver, currencies are traded in the open markets and speuclators bid on them daily. You simply buy gas take it the distillery and process it..that is what oil companies do. Why do "we" have to conquer nations to buy oil? The whole scheme does not make sense to me.

How do 300 nations on this planet buy oil and make gasoline, kerosense, diesel, etc?? Do they have to install puppet governments by conquering, spending into oblivion and lots of folks dying for nothing? I think not!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Where did the email come from?

It was 'leaked' as far as I have seen. Woodward refused to give the name of the person that 'warned' him, then the email shows up. Who else was included in the email?

I look into that, but the woodward hasn't disputed the email content.

I should also mention that reporters at such outlets as The Weekly Standard and Fox News have said that given the email exchange...Woodwards "fears" of being threatened were nonsense.

Think about this also, don't you find it interesting that they told him that 'if' he went ahead with the story....

NOPE...NOT "if he went ahead with his story...but a specific claim

White House economic adviser Gene Sperling to Woodward:

I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. I do understand your problems with a couple of our statements in the fall -- but feel on the other hand that you focus on a few specific trees that gives a very wrong perception of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here. But I do truly believe you should rethink your comment about saying saying that Potus asking for revenues is moving the goal post. I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim ... My apologies again for raising my voice on the call with you. Feel bad about that and truly apologize.

They were aware of his story before it was released.

That is because the exchange was between Woodward and his SOURCE for the story...OF COURSE the source knew the story was comming out...He was a SOURCE...and Woodward tolk him what he was writing.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Blah….

I bet you’d be singing a different tune if US pulled all its carriers and Iran closed the Straits next week, effectively shutting down all oil shipments.

Maybe we need that to finally wake some people the hell up and demand more domestic drilling.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Prayers and butterfly wings, I guess.

Wait a minute, most US haters don’t believe in prayer!

Just butterfly wings…maybe some help from unicorns, too!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just want to point out woodward is either too smart or too dumb for his own good.

I am leaning on too dumb since he actually believed the lies bush jr made about the iraq wmd.

But then he graduated yale and was part of a secret society. That makes me change my opinion of him. I am leaning on controlled opposition. The media needs to throw the public a bone every now and then to keep them distracted.

Not much to see here folks!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Blah….

I bet you’d be singing a different tune if US pulled all its carriers and Iran closed the Straits next week, effectively shutting down all oil shipments.

Maybe we need that to finally wake some people the hell up and demand more domestic drilling.

Yes to your second paragraph. We DO need more domestic drilling so we can be more self-relliant. Secondly implying you need a puppet government to buy oil from them is absurd. Third we are too pro-israel and too anti-arab which naturally is a big strike against american interests. You SHOULD be somewhat friendly with the people you do business with. Fourth we should lower our oil consumption in america because people have been spoiled with luxurious lifestyles that are unsustainable in the long run.
edit on 28/2/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

reply to post by ImaFungi

Prayers and butterfly wings, I guess.

Wait a minute, most US haters don’t believe in prayer!

Just butterfly wings…maybe some help from unicorns, too!

Nope. Just hate republicans and democrats. Republicans more!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Blah….

So we threaten a country hourly into selling us their resources? What the heck kinda freedom is that. (and then we have the gall to turn around and lay sanctions on other countries... god forbid they want to sanction us)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Blah….

So we threaten a country hourly into selling us their resources? What the heck kinda freedom is that. (and then we have the gall to turn around and lay sanctions on other countries... god forbid they want to sanction us)

So you are trying to say that they hate us so much that they are willing to boycot selling us anything? Is that your point? I think you are wrong. The petro-dollar scheme boils down to war racketering by rich people and their cohorts in government, who are heavily involved in futures speculation and use fear mongering to jack up prices and get rich on the gullible publics back.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT INSIDER TRADING IS?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Nope. Just hate republicans and democrats. Republicans more!

HAAA!

You’d better tone that down if you ever expect to see any domestic drilling!

I second your sentiments though…I’m growing tired of them both, too. This last election was draining, disappointing, frustrating, etc.

I have no party affiliation anymore.

edit on 28-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I am not here to petition for votes, just trying to say there are MANY PARTIES to choose from.
edit on 28/2/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

These people are allegedly grownups. They are, or ought to be, old enough to know that when you make vague, open-ended threats, they are, well, vague and open-ended. That leaves them open to interpretation and speculation. They are generally made for that very purpose, so that the victim's mind goes overactive and he silences himself due to his OWN speculations - with nothing specific to point at. That doesn't seem to have worked for them in this case - in fact, it seems to have backfired, and that very same vague open-endedness has been turned against the Enforcers.

Kudos, Mr. Woodward. Well played!

It can be turned either way, most people do not threaten each other... I can tell anyone on ATS "YOUR GOING TO REGRET WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT MY COMMENT"... If I was a mod i would REMOVE IT, not only because IT SOUNDS LIKE A THREAT BUT BECAUSE IT IS!!!!!!!!

If a mod told you *YOUR GOING TO REGRET SAYING THAT" I for one sure as hell would know for a fact ATS MODS ARE NOT FREAKING KIDDING.. Lets get a grip people, its about FREEDOM

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Maybe the US should cut budgets for 'national security' and worry about the other more real issues at home like education, unemployment and health rather then churning out multi million dollar death machines to control other country's resources.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

It can be turned either way, most people do not threaten each other... I can tell anyone on ATS "YOUR GOING TO REGRET WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT MY COMMENT"... If I was a mod i would REMOVE IT, not only because IT SOUNDS LIKE A THREAT BUT BECAUSE IT IS!!!!!!!!

I totally agree. If I was told by a high ranking official of ANY administration that I would “regret” doing something they obviously didn’t like, I would fear for my life. I think by going public with it he gave himself a bit of security. Even still…accidents happen, if you know what I mean! Wink…Wink!

Keep in mind, we’re talking about the Chicago Mafia here…snitches get stitches!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The big question is: "Does Woodward regret it?"

If not it will be just another example of the Obama administration failing to live up to expectations.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Because Woodward has his facts wrong. Embarrassment. Journalists who get their facts wrong are publicly embarrassed and their ethics and competence are called into question. Not good for a journalist.

I think this is the case here. Although Judith Miller never regretted what she wrote in error about Iraq, she did say, "You know, sometimes in journalism you regret the stories you do, but most of the time you regret the ones that you didn't do." Her editor had extreme regret for having handled it the way he did. source & source So, yes, journalists like Woodward need to get their facts right when they go with a story.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Your going to regret that stance!

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join