It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woodward: White House Warned Me "You Will Regret Doing This"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I disagree with Woodward for decrying the loss of an aircraft carrier in the Gulf and jumping on the whole Our National Security Will Be Threatened Bandwagon in regards to military cuts.

However for him to allegedly be told by the government that he will regret making such statements is wrong and unacceptable.

The U.S. media is pathetic and has become generally subservient to the Obama administration. When it comes to the President I can't help but be reminded of dictatorships and the cult of personality sometimes. Some people seem perfectly happy to grant Obama any powers he deems necessary if it means protecting the United States.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The administration and it's liberal media elite have no honor and tolerate zero deviation from blind ideological sycophancy. They award and honor Dan Rather after he is caught lying for the administration...and threaten and attempt to sideline Woodward as a crazy old fossil simply because he dared to engage in serious journalism by endeavoring to follow and expose a story that exposes the administration.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here is a link to the email as well as Woodards reply.

From Woodward to Sperling on Feb. 23, 2013

Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice. I am listening. I know you lived all this. My partial advantage is that I talked extensively with all involved. I am traveling and will try to reach you after 3 pm today. Best, Bob"

Link to full article, www.politico.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I guess Woodward is starting to understand just how much he will regret
his actions...here is hoping they will make him mad enough that he starts digging.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Bullying can be defined in many different ways. The UK currently has no legal definition of bullying,[4] while some U.S. states have laws against it.[5] Bullying consists of three basic types of abuse – emotional, verbal, and physical. It typically involves subtle methods of coercion such as intimidation.

If I am not mistaking, Virginia and Maryland have laws against such acts. Then again some consider the "District" seperate from those two states.

Source

It seems as though the U.S. governement is becoming a living contradiction. These actions remind me of a wild animal being cornered. I find it very unfortunate to see the unravelling of a once great nation.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

What is really sad is how the left wing media hacks have turned on Woodward. All taking turns with their pot shots at him. All because of this newly "leaked" email that conveniently serves to discredit him.

This, even though everyone knows it was Obama who suggested sequester, saw it passed, and then signed it into law.

Woodward's reporting threatens to monkey wrench all of this. His reporting not only confirmed that sequester was Obama's idea but that Obama moved the goal posts with his demand for tax increases. The original sequester deal did not include tax increases.

Yesterday, Woodward really threw the White House and its media a curve by being the only high-profile reporter willing to say out loud that Obama has the power to choose where the cuts hit. In other words, all this White House fear-mongering is an audacious lie.

Though no one's disputed Woodward's reporting, the media's Cult of Obama began pushing back against the Watergate legend even before he dropped the bomb last night that he had been threatened by a top White House official.

But when that news hit, many in media immediately chose to protect Obama by ridiculing Woodward, questioning his motives, and/or dismissing his reporting.

Meet the members of the Cult of Obama…

- See more at: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yep, the cult of Obama in full swing. Woodward has thrown a cog into the machine,
and they dont like it. Apparently, they only stand by each other if the narrative is the same.

Even a legendary journalist can not speak out with the truth without the expectation that
he will be made to regret his actions, they will end his career if they can.

What they cant see is how they are nothing but empty echo chambers.

Woodward, in my opinion has just raised the bar...they will never amount to anything
more than paid speakers for The State.

edit on 28-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
White House track record of intimidation

www.breitbart.com...

Lanny Davis
Ron Fournier
Sharyl Attkisson Remember her?

A reporter for CBS claimed that White House and Department of Justice officials screamed and cursed at her due to a story she was pursuing about a controversial DOJ program.

Sharyl Attkisson, the investigative reporter for CBS, made the allegations on conservative host Laura Ingraham's radio show Tuesday. She had been looking into the so-called "Fast and Furious" operation that the Justice Department was running.

Screaming and ranting seems to be a common denominator with the WH bullies....Just like Woodward's encounter....

Attkisson told Ingraham that, when she broke a damning story about the operation, she got extremely aggressive pushback from the Obama administration. She said that a DOJ spokeswoman named Tracy Schmaler had yelled at her on Monday about the story, but that it was nothing compared to the way a White House spokesman named Eric Schultz had acted.

Attkisson said he had "literally screamed at me and cussed at me" about the story, and that the White House also told her that she was the only reporter not being "reasonable" about the issue
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I do believe that this whole situation will definitely push Woodward to dig deeper and report accordingly... The nation is fed up the Obama water carriers in the MSM...

He will not take this backlash from the Obama lemmings lightly...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Screaming and ranting seems to be a common denominator with the WH bullies....

And profantiy too. These guys could take a job with The Mafia.....

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
That's what dictators and their administrations do. They threaten, harass and sometimes even round up and kill "dissidents" and those with opposing political views or those in opposition.

This is also how business commonly operates.

Employees are told things far worse than this, daily, by their corporate masters.

Some are even exploited, and killed...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Found that interview where Attkinson tells of the yelling, and intimidation over
her investigation into Fast and Furious. Apparently, they did not appreciate her
diligence in obtaining the documents.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by IAMTAT

I guess Woodward is starting to understand just how much he will regret
his actions...here is hoping they will make him mad enough that he starts digging.

Hey, if the guy can handle Nixon, Obama shouldn't fluster him too much.
If I were him, these threats would only empower my resolve to follow the story and continue to show the world what TRUE journalism is all about.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
CNN was foamin at the chops to deflect this, trying to rebute by saying the not-so-gentleman who sent the email is totally misunderstood and wouldn't threaten a fly, in their personal opinions. also he's only been seen to go far as raising his voice when angry over the phone....yep job well done

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
wow now this is something truly interesting and potentially something that could really shake people awake to how commonplace it is for the government to pressure those who the public listen to.

Now i have a question though, why can't he say who practically threatened him?
I understand that it could be potentially life threatening. But surely someone like bob woodward would want the name out there so everyone can know. A death would be highly suspicious now, would it not?

I think it may be a form of "insurance" I'm guessing that a "highly suspicious death" will trigger the release of that name, the entire e-mail (most certainly saved and backed up in multiple places by now, so as to be undestroyable), and potentially even more "stuff". Woodward is no idiot, and putting the story into the public view is a shot across the bow - "See? I'll sure as hell out you... screw with me and watch me name names. Try me." Now, if he didn't hold something back, then he wouldn't be able to employ that particular gambit - there would be nothing to threaten back with, he would be out of ammo, having already fired it all.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Indigo5

We really can't be sure that this email covers what had the Obama camp was PO'ed about.

I kind of think it was the part about saying that the POTUS is mad.

Hey Butch...If you have the bandwidth, clarify for me. everything I have read has cited this email as the basis for Woodward's comment. What have I missed?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx

Originally posted by KyrieEleison
reply to post by Bixxi3

Nah, see, he's pretty old so it would just be "natural causes" or "suicide" or whatever is in vogue du jour.

Oh come on, they only meant he would not be invited to press conferences, or white house dinners, cut off from the inner circle, no access.. Like castration for a reporter.. I'm sure they wouldn't just find him dead... A sudden car accident these guys are smarter..
edit on 27-2-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

These people are allegedly grownups. They are, or ought to be, old enough to know that when you make vague, open-ended threats, they are, well, vague and open-ended. That leaves them open to interpretation and speculation. They are generally made for that very purpose, so that the victim's mind goes overactive and he silences himself due to his OWN speculations - with nothing specific to point at. That doesn't seem to have worked for them in this case - in fact, it seems to have backfired, and that very same vague open-endedness has been turned against the Enforcers.

Kudos, Mr. Woodward. Well played!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Indigo5

We really can't be sure that this email covers what had the Obama camp was PO'ed about.

I kind of think it was the part about saying that the POTUS is mad.

Hey Butch...If you have the bandwidth, clarify for me. everything I have read has cited this email as the basis for Woodward's comment. What have I missed?

Where did the email come from?

It was 'leaked' as far as I have seen. Woodward refused to give the name of the person that 'warned' him, then the email shows up. Who else was included in the email?

See what I am getting at?

Think about this also, don't you find it interesting that they told him that 'if' he went ahead with the story....
They were aware of his story before it was released. The leaked email said what they wanted it to say.
edit on 28-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The only reason that the statement about regret was that Woodward got his facts wrong. In the olden days being right about facts went to credibility and admitting mistakes went to honor. But now it is all about setting each others hair on fire.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Cut military spending in half

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join