It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woodward: White House Warned Me "You Will Regret Doing This"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Before it is all over I am guessing that a lot of people "will regret" voting for him again also.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Read Russ Baker's books, which are heavily footnoted and exhaustively sourced. Or, do a little research on Watergate, and see for yourself.

Here is a link to his article on Watergate.

whowhatwhy.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Now I am not saying run for the hills or the sky is falling but something is very very wrong with this picture. I believe we are seeing the final nails in the coffin for the American economy. We all knew it could not continue like this for the long term and it is time to pay the piper.

The lowest wage earners are about to rendered useless because of inflation. Many will not be able to eat and pay rent. What happens then? The house of cards will fall and the real game will begin.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Before it is all over I am guessing that a lot of people "will regret" voting for him again also.

Lets hope so.
Hope and Change

edit on 28-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Rueters

Journalist Bob Woodward on Wednesday said a senior White House official told him he would "regret" taking issue in recent days with President Barack Obama's version of how across-the-board budget cuts came to be.

Woodward, who challenged the White House account in an article on Sunday, said a "very senior" White House official sent him an email in which, "It was said very clearly, 'You will regret doing this.'"

Woodward made the comment in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. He declined to name the official.
The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment Wednesday night.
www.reuters.com...

CNN

CNN extended multiple invitations to the White House to appear on the "The Situation Room," including after Woodward began his interview, but the invitations were not accepted.

But a White House official who would not speak if named said late Wednesday, "Of course no threat was intended."

The official said the email Woodward referenced "was sent to apologize for voices being raised in their previous conversation. The note suggested that Mr. Woodward would regret the observation he made regarding the sequester because that observation was inaccurate, nothing more. And Mr. Woodward responded to this aide's email in a friendly manner."

The e-mail had Woodward "very uncomfortable to have the White House telling reporters you're going to regret doing something."

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

That response sounds like the response I would give to my boss when things hit the fan and I was responsible. Ease it down and muddle it with nonsensical Texas mud pies. Sad thing is, a large majority of the people will accept this.

On the other hand, I am still waiting for Woodward to publish or make public this email; I hate to do it, but pics or it didn't happen ol' chap.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I actually dont doubt him on the email.
It fits perfectly with everything that is known about this administration.

This country has been divided at every opportunity.
Such, as if out of a playbook. No chance that it was a mistake, or an overloaded ego.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Bob was not lying, its official... Now since that is out of the way, his only chance at survival was speaking out against it if he did not say anything who knows how he would of wound up in a lake? They find this guy dead now mysteriously all hell would break loose.. He bought some life insurance because I would of taken the threat seriously...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Anyone saying this did not happen now is being delusional... It is documented read BTS's new cnn article... There is no denying this. I find it outright sick
edit on 28-2-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Such, as if out of a playbook. No chance that it was a mistake, or an overloaded ego.

I am not saying I am doubting him but if he has been this bold so far, take it to the next step. Show the People that the administration is laying a heavy hand on journalist to tow the line. Make the case and win the hearts of even those who are thinking....

ATS demands proof on everything until it comes to political musings....then it is right/left ideology encampments. I want that blown to bits with him making history yet again.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by burntheships

I am not saying I am doubting him but if he has been this bold so far, take it to the next step. Show the People that the administration is laying a heavy hand on journalist to tow the line. Make the case and win the hearts of even those who are thinking....

ATS demands proof on everything until it comes to political musings....then it is right/left ideology encampments. I want that blown to bits with him making history yet again.

Not naming a specific person at this stage is actually a good thing. If someone is named and it's anybody but Obama, that person will be thrown under the bus and the scandal will go away. By keeping the focus on what was said rather than who said it, the story can avoid devolving into the demonization of one person.

It means the accusation is a little less concrete, but it also keeps the focus of the story where it should be.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
if you read the article, its supportive of all the illegal military actions taken in the past 20 years, but insulted by the fact that Obama doesnt want to spend money on more. If past presidents had said the same thing, we would have saved millions of lives and trillions of dollars. No fan of obama, but I hope Woodward regrets his war-mongering, fear peddling, and propaganda pushing more. If he really wanted to keep this country safe how about taking care of the crooks here rather then abroad.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
trying to make it sound like the administration is evil when it does something right, thats rich!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Show the People that the administration is laying a heavy hand on journalist to tow the line. Make the case and win the hearts of even those who are thinking....

I hear you, though one thing that is at the forefront of this madness
is blind belief. Those who are blind followers of the progressive agenda
and this Administration are not going to be swayed by an email, even if it has
a name.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Woodward a war monger....who exposed the Pentagon papers,I doubt that.
I said it before and I'll say it again this Prog will not finish his second term,he's an incompetent narcissist criminal who fell prey to the adoring masses and believed his own press ,who doesn't cover all the angles.
Woodward took down Nixon as a result of a burglary,lets see what he finds about a dead ambassador.

Time wounds all heels!
Pay no attention to a late thread on the same issue,nothing to see there.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Woodward took down Nixon as a result of a burglary,lets see what he finds about a dead ambassador.

Time wounds all heels!
Pay no attention to a late thread on the same issue,nothing to see there.

A dead ambassador?

I must have really missed something important because I'm not seeing anything about dead ambassadors. Care to clue me in?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I guess the days of Presidents like Kennedy telling the Press that they are vital, and that keeping secrets was abhorrent in a free society are long gone...

You think?

Change isn't always good.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WillowWisp

Ambassador Christopher Smith who along with two Navy Seals and an embassy aide, were killed by some peaceful youths over an obscure "Internet video" (withers than 200 views at the time) in Benghaz, Libya. That WAS the "official" lWH story (the. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, UN Ambassador Susan Rice, and even the President ALL decried the "video" as the impetus for the US Embassy take over and the death of the four Americans.

The mainstream media (with the exception of one or actual journalists--Susan Atkinson of CBS and another female reporter at Fox, Jennifer (last name escapes me right now) ) who have been digging deeply. The rest of the main stream media's reaction to Benghazi..."cool. Now, Mr. Carney, what was Mr. Obama's handicap when he golfed with Tiger Woods?"

We no longer have the Fourth Estste. We have at best, a PR Staff who will parrot ANY and ALL official statements of "the Administration." Occasionally, a rare act of "random journalism" occurs. Two weeks ago, the "media" was kept away from the FL GF courses on which the President golfed w/Woods. THIS is "lack of transparency" is what the alphabet media complained of. NOT Benghazi, not Fast and Furious (where one US border agent was killed along with 300 plus Mexican nationals); nope. THOSE strikes are NOT worth a further look...but deny them a "twofer" celebrity photo....and look out.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Glinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is an excellent thread with important information. It should be on the front page at ATS .. IMHO. Anyone who thinks this Obama adminsitration is 'transparent' or on the up and up ... think again. Obama's imps could give Nixon a run for his money when it comes to corruption and evil tactics.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Yeah so people should blame themselves for being so stupid to vote on him right?

That would probably also be true if they voted on the alternative, Mitt Romney, if not even worse.

So where does the real problem lie? It´s the mainstream media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join