It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woodward: White House Warned Me "You Will Regret Doing This"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
All I have to say is...Mr Woodward....present the email and who it came from. If he is being so bold and being threatened, then bear it all in my opinion. That is how we swayed the court of the opinion to the world during the "Cuban Missile Crisis" and he can do so here as a private citizen.

Merely stating he received an email that said it just isn't enough.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Nah, see, he's pretty old so it would just be "natural causes" or "suicide" or whatever is in vogue du jour.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Going to the media (CNN) is basically "hiding in plain sight."

I theorize Woodward did not release the name (or the email itself) in a "you really were stupid enough to send that, so let me compile a few more of your "missteps" to make the total package."

Woodward (and Bernstein) navigated Watergate. An older, wiser Woodward might be able "reveal" one more Administrations "dirt."

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Well i hope the fact he has decided to talk about this email doesn't mean he will find it harder to find dirt. surely the whitehouse will be more closed off with him now?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Those days are long gone, we have now in place a well oiled propaganda machine.

Nixon's watergate was much less than Benghazi.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A State Of Regret

It really is inappropriate and unseemly for a journalist to challenge or criticize the U.S. government.

Mr. Woodward, as a well-respected author and investigative reporter, should -- of all people -- know that by now.

I'm confident the problem will be handled properly and discreetly as it has before, and that the government will be able to put the matter to rest and ensure no further unpleasantness of this kind in the future.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison
reply to post by Bixxi3

Nah, see, he's pretty old so it would just be "natural causes" or "suicide" or whatever is in vogue du jour.

Oh come on, they only meant he would not be invited to press conferences, or white house dinners, cut off from the inner circle, no access.. Like castration for a reporter.. I'm sure they wouldn't just find him dead... A sudden car accident these guys are smarter..
edit on 27-2-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
A State Of Regret

It really is inappropriate and unseemly for a journalist to challenge or criticize the U.S. government.

Mr. Woodward, as a well-respected author and investigative reporter, should -- of all people -- know that by now.

I'm confident the problem will be handled properly and discreetly as it has before, and that the government will be able to put the matter to rest and ensure no further unpleasantness of this kind in the future.

And to think that some say that the Admin here has no sense of humor...

edit on 27-2-2013 by facelift because: add 'that'

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
A State Of Regret

Are you saying this in sarcasm? Just want to be clear before I comment further.....I am sensing so but with the Internet and this forum....one should never assume.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
considering how the media has totally sucked up to Obama &co, it will be interesting to see how much play this will get.
and a domestic poicy is hardly National Security.

I'm guessing Fox (and talk radio) will run with this and the establishment media will bury it.

who'd have ever thougth Bob Woodward would be a hero to the right!?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It is possible to discuss this without using labels like dictator or throwing around propoganda about tiger woods and golf. People here who use those tactics are just as bad as those they call names. Points made this way sound like spoiled children arguing.

That said, If this is what happened and the whitehouse is threatening people for telling the truth, is that even legal? What a mess our political system is when the leaders keep secrets and play games withthe truth. I say use voting power to throw them all out of office. Hurt their big donators (banks and corporations) by limiting consumption or outright boycotting them. We do have power, we're just too spoiled or weak to wield it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

So Woodward is upset because Obama doesn't want to override a decision made by congress, is that about right?

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Imagine the outcry from the press, the media, congress, if this had come from a Bush or a Romney (or a Palin) White House.

The fact that it came from an Obama White House means;
Woodward will be demonized by the media
Anyone who reports this will be ostracized
Many will defend it.

I don't recognize America anymore. I am ashamed of the political leadership, our public servants. I am disgusted, but sadly, not surprised.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

I do remember somewhere reading they are keeping a list.

Oh, and not that secret "kill" list ...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
We could stand more real reporters and a lot less poodles reading their lines.

Take today for instance, here is Obama giving a speech about Rosa Parks, commending her for
taking a stand, exercizing her First Amendment rights, etc. Did none of the media have any sense
of irony at all given that you can't protest in the same way that was done for the Civil Rights movement?
Dissent of any kind is frowned on to say the least.

Meanwhile, a case concerning voting rights act being challenged in Alabama was ongoing.
It seems a black city councilman lost his seat when two new subdivisions opened up in his
district and it's residents were predominently,* gasp*, white! He lost. And some judge stepped in and
reappointed him. At least that's what it seemed like.
Now, how is this a good thing? He can only win if he's in an all black district? Two neighborhoods can not
sway an election can they?
How is this a shining light for equality? How can the media defend this action of overturning an election based on the correct race not winning or having sacred cow council seats designated by race?

Next, we have Bernanke giving his "testimony" to Congress and defending the "too big to fail' bank bailouts and the propping up of the stock market as being "good" for the economy. Nobody in the media pointed out the
13,000 jobs of these bailed out banks that are being cut. Obvious evidence his policy isn't working and that a
time of unwinding will depend on a higher employment rate is not being achieved by his and the FED's actions
either, showing it is having the exact opposite results.

Most of the media look like empty-eyed cows by comparison to Mr. Woodward.
edit on 27-2-2013 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
We could stand more real reporters and a lot less poodles reading their lines.

Take today for instance, here is Obama giving a speech about Rosa Parks, commending her for
taking a stand, exercizing her First Amendment rights, etc. Did none of the media have any sense
of irony at all given that you can't protest in the same way that was done for the Civil Rights movement.
Dissent on any kind is frowned on to say the least.

Meanwhile, a case concerning voting rights act being challenged in Alabama was ongoing.
It seems a black city councilman lost his seat when two new subdivisions opened up in his
district and it's residents were predominently,* gasp*, white! He lost. And some judge stepped in and
reappointed him. At least that's what it seemed like.
Now, how is this a good thing? He can only win if he's in an all black district? Two neighborhoods can not
sway an election can they?
How is this a shining light for equality? How can the media defend this action of overturning an election based on the correct race not winning or having sacred cow council seats designated by race?

Next, we have Bernanke giving his "testimony" to Congress and defending the "too big to fail' bank bailouts and the propping up of the stock market as being "good" for the economy. Nobody in the media pointed out the
13,000 jobs of these bailed out banks that are being cut. Obvious evidence his policy isn't working and that a
time of unwinding will depend on a higher employment rate is not being achieved by his and the FED's actions
either, showing it is having the exact opposite results.

Most of the media look like empty-eyed cows by comparison to Mr. Woodward.

I am quoting your entire post because it deserves to be read again. Especially your opening irony. You should make your own thread based on your points in this post.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by burntheships

The only thing I take umbrage with is your post says something about "national security". How is an aircraft carrier in the persian gulf bringing "national security"?

By ensuring you have enough gas to drive your car in Colorado.

Of course. Oil. I almost forgot. I live in country where people convince themselves it's ok to kill hundreds of thousands of people because we can't overcome oil dependency. Now I remeber. Thanks.
And on the point of the thread, doesn't seem like woodward is really that scared considering all the press time devoted to it.

CJ

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
As I agree with Woodward on this he has Intelligence ties at the least and quite possibly ties to CIA. So anything coming out of his mouth has a greater agenda.

A Yalie and a Secret Society Member

The staunchly conservative Bob Woodward grew up in Wheaton, Illinois. A good student at Yale, he was ultimately one of fifteen seniors "tapped" for one of that university's secret societies, Book and Snake, a cut below the more infamous Skull and Bones, but the top of the second-tier fraternities. Woodward had his first journalistic experience working for the Banner, a Yale publication. In his 1965 yearbook he was referred to as a "Banner mogul." Havill writes,

Certainly, with the CIA encouraged to recruit on the Yale campus, particularly among history majors and secret societies, it is more than reasonable to assume Bob may have been one of those approached by the agency, or by a military intelligence unit, especially after four years of naval ROTC training. Although it would answer a lot of questions that have been raised about Bob Woodward, at this point one can only speculate as to whether he was offered the chance to become a "double-wallet guy," as CIA agents who have two identities are dubbed. It would certainly be understandable if he decided not to adhere to the straight and accepted the submerged patriotic glamour and extra funds that such a relationship would provide. It would also explain the comments of Pulitzer Prize-winning author J. Anthony Lukas, when he wrote in 1989 that Bob Woodward was "temperamentally secretive, loathe to volunteer information about himself," or the Washingtonian's remarks in 1987: "He is secretive about everything." As Esquire magazine put it, summing up in its 1992 article on Bob, "What is he hiding?"

Woodward

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

The button, so many of them too.
That is a scary thought, for now we dont have drones overhead.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Actually very relevant, and all the more interesting....think on that.
If, and that is if Woodward is speaking out now in any way as a timed event,
that would point you in the right direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join