learn more

Woodward: White House Warned Me "You Will Regret Doing This"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+49 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Bob Woodward has blasted President Obama for his decisions concerning budget cuts, specifically
decisions related to national security, calling Obama's decision " a kind of madness" he has not seen
in a long time.

And so we now have the president going out because of this piece of paper and this agreement, I can’t do what I need to do to protect the country. That’s a kind of madness that I haven’t seen in a long time.

Seems The White House is not happy he wrote about it.

Well, they're not happy at all and some people kind of, you know, said, look, 'we don't see eye to eye on this.' They never really said, though, afterwards, they've said that this is factually wrong, and they -- and it was said to me in an e-mail by a top --

Blitzer: What was said?

Woodward: It was said very clearly, you will regret doing this.

Blitzer: Who sent that e-mail to you?

Woodward: Well, I'm not going to say.

Blitzer: Was it a senior person at the White House?

Woodward: A very senior person. And just as a matter -- I mean, it makes me very uncomfortable to have the White House telling reporters, 'you're going to regret doing something that you believe in, and even though we don't look at it that way, you do look at it that way.'
www.realclearpolitics.com...

It does seem madness, considering that 100 troops were just deployed to Niger to set up a drone
base, yet we are going to leave nuclear bearing ships sitting at dock?

Woodwards comments here;

www.politico.com...

and here

www.realclearpolitics.com...

+33 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
That's what dictators and their administrations do. They threaten, harass and sometimes even round up and kill "dissidents" and those with opposing political views or those in opposition. NDAA would seem to say we are moving into black bag territory in the near future. That seems to be the direction this administration is headed.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

It certainly seems like an intimidating statement, and I think it a wise move on
Woodwards part to go straight to the press that will print it, and get it out there.

There seems to be a few cracks in the armour showing, wonder what is up.
Maybe enough of them are finally seeing someone is playing for keeps.

I see now he went to CNN on the air and said it also.
www.businessinsider.com...

The White House declined to meet him on air for a debate.

edit on 27-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think this makes it official, we have a dictatorship in america. even nixon and his cronies never threatened the press in an attempt to cover up their deeds and they had a lot to lose if the truth came out.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Yes. Yet, Woodward has only voiced his opinion, just stirring the pot the last month.
Maybe this will spur him into an investigation. A few things come to mind.

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Woodward is an honest reporter...to the extent there is such a thing. He pretty well roasted Bush as well. He's not political for sides, at least in his reporting and writing that I have seen. It gives him a great deal of credibility and respect in my book. He also appreciates that he can't just re-write or erase what he's said weeks or months later....unlike who he is talking about. More credibility, IMO.

They made a VERY bad enemy in him, I think. That's one man with the name, background and pure experience to call it like he sees it and be fairly accurate the majority of the time.

To hear him say this? Obama has major problems. Woodward has respect from many inside the press too....they are also listening to this. Problems, indeed.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

I think this makes it official, we have a dictatorship in america.

Actually, let's adjust that statement:

I think this makes it official, Bob will be the first Drone victim on American soil for 2013

Well said..!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The only thing I take umbrage with is your post says something about "national security". How is an aircraft carrier in the persian gulf bringing "national security"?

CJ

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He does have the name no doubt about it, and fairly across the board with his
journalism. Politico just popped this up...

Woodward...."tremble tremble"

But suppose there’s a young reporter who’s only had a couple of years — or 10 years’ — experience and the White House is sending him an email saying, ‘You’re going to regret this.’ You know, tremble, tremble. I don’t think it’s the way to operate.” The White House declined to comment for this story.

Read more: www.politico.com...

Yeah, I can see the White House not wanting this on prime time.

He also sees this an issue if the economy takes a hit....

He said that explains the senior aide’s in-your-face email. “I think when they get their rear end in a crack here, they become defensive,” he said. “This could be a huge issue if the economy takes a hit
edit on 27-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here's the video of his MSNBC interview

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

There is a big story behind this, and I am not sure I want to put it out there.
(abundance of caution for the people who serve)

On the national security. Its there for anyone who wants to look though.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by burntheships

The only thing I take umbrage with is your post says something about "national security". How is an aircraft carrier in the persian gulf bringing "national security"?

By ensuring you have enough gas to drive your car in Colorado.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I guess the days of Presidents like Kennedy telling the Press that they are vital, and that keeping secrets was abhorrent in a free society are long gone...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Thanks for that video with Woodward on Morning Joe!

Here is the extended interview that Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei just
posted up with Woodward.

www.politico.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I was only about 11 or 12 when the nixon thing was going down but i remember reading about it in the paper everyday. i didn`t understand a lot of what I read but it really fascinated me because I didn`t understand why these reporters were investigating a crime and coming up with all this evidence while the "police" who are suppose to investigate crimes weren`t doing or saying anything.
That`s when i first realized that we aren`t in kansas anymore toto, things in america aren`t the way that i was taught to believe they were.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Is there any more apt example of the "Chicago way" that telling a true journalist "you'll regret this!" ???

And to the rest of the main stream media...keep clammering for Tiger Woods presidential photo ops...that's all the investigation that IS permitted.

Wonder who threatened Woodward? My guess Valdemort Jarrett In full meltdown mode.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
Is there any more apt example of the "Chicago way" that telling a true journalist "you'll regret this!" ???

And to the rest of the main stream media...keep clammering for Tiger Woods presidential photo ops...that's all the investigation that IS permitted.

Wonder who threatened Woodward? My guess Valdemort Jarrett In full meltdown mode.

It absolutely IS the Chicago way... threaten anyone that doesn't want to tow the party line. Mr. Sotero is quite the narcissist as well, so telling him he or his policies are problematic in his mind is a personal assault... but hey Bob, for a cool half mil you can not only meet the president, you can be one of his "cronies".

link   
Is he really dead o-o

link   
... and these are the kinds of people we trust with "the button". Presidents in the past have been a bit crazy sometimes, but this is the first one that has ever made me worry in this manner.

Thanks OP, S+F.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
wow now this is something truly interesting and potentially something that could really shake people awake to how commonplace it is for the government to pressure those who the public listen to.

Now i have a question though, why can't he say who practically threatened him?
I understand that it could be potentially life threatening. But surely someone like bob woodward would want the name out there so everyone can know. A death would be highly suspicious now, would it not?

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join