It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Mount Sinai Fenced off with armed guards?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
but he said the real Mt Sinai is in Yemen or Saudi Arabia.

Unlikely its in Yemen or Saudi, simple geographical knowledge of the region would support this. One only needs to look at the terrain and the distances travelled and know.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
I need help from anyone who can provide this information if possible.. I have made an incredible discovery relating to Mt Sinai... but I need to use this info I have to try to figure out what exactly happened in history. Does anyone know of ANY different accounts of what happened at Mt Sinai? I am hoping one of them will be accurate or provide the info I need.. give me the missing pieces of the puzzle I need.

Also, what I discovered would definitely justify/explain why they are hiding info about this place..
edit on 27-2-2013 by TheKeyMaster because: (no reason given)

From a past thread you made:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Imagine that just recently you felt you discovered all the answers to the riddles we have been looking for... and you were debating with yourself when you should reveal this information... knowing that this Dec 21st date was supposed to be soo key to everything... would you reveal this info now OR not reveal it fearing that you yourself could be the cause of the Dec 21st event? Also... IF you did have this information... how would you reveal it if you wanted to keep a low profile?

So guess the "event" 12/2012 fell through.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
that picture is that archeological site in saudi arabia. its where the alter of sacrifice and the 9 stone pillars are.

its allso possibly where the cave of alijah is too i saw a vid of some bible freaks running around on the site pointing out petroglyphs, reading the bible and saying its like reading a map there's some real evidence of a lake eminating from under a huge stone the actual evidence that the stone was plugging some kind of geyser up is actually there, not to mention that it was split in 2 right down the middle and it had to be 18ft tall and 12 ft wide

it was a very interesting watch indeed. but i recognise that sign and the fence... there wasn't any armed guards thou.
edit on 28-2-2013 by mykingdomforthetruth because: adding information

yes the picture of the sign is the same shown on this site.

Mt. Sinai site in Saudi Arabia.

www.arkdiscovery.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

When I posted that I didn't know if something would happen then... that was why I felt torn about whether I should get the info out as quickly as possible. but when you look at recent events I do think they are tied to this. So if people had this info it could help them see what is going on.. but then on the other hand if I don't get this info out in an effective manner then it's possible no one would understand it.. these are the problems i face.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Showed the pic to my Dad who was living and working there for some time. He suggests going by the red and white kaffia worn by the guy in the foreground that this is actually taken in Jordan, not Egypt. He suggested its Mt Nebo.

That would make sense.. I noticed that its says by "Royal Decree" on the sign and that could possibly mean the Jordan royals. Israel don't have royalty do they?

Just Jeebuz lol

Egypt did have a Royal family till 1952...
en.wikipedia.org...

1392 in Islamic years is 1972??
en.wikipedia.org...

so its Jordan. Figures, I should have never doubted the words of a real terrorist.

Holy crap, haven't been back to the thread and just noticed I put Israel in my post
But it still makes sense with the info you have provided regardless

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Why is it blocked off?

Because the Ancient hebrew scriptures confirm that the watchers, or 'The supreme ones' travelled aboard the Ark, and if the Ark is really up there then it's more than likely that their is evidence on the wood of their presence....and their unearthly origin.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Nope, the Arc of the Covenant is not on either the real Mt Sianni, nor this theoretical "biblical" Mt Sianni...

I always was lead to believe its in Axum in Ethiopia... what would I know.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1-3-2013 by cartenz because: Spileng werdz proppa

edit on 1-3-2013 by cartenz because: Link added...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Im on Freo time so Im a bit behind... by about 3 weeks

Egypt, Israel... really there is not much difference except one arms their police with Galil's and the other with AK's. I didnt say that. That and some desert landscaping but what else do you do with all that limestone?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

www.arkdiscovery.com...

I checked that link... wow; dont know where to start other than: Try sourcing information from academia and not religious zealots:

On the western or back side of the mountain is Rephidim where Moses and the Children of Israel first encamped before reaching Mt. Sinai. It was here that Moses struck the rock, above, which gushed forth large quantities of water. The giant 60 foot rock is on a 300 foot tall hill, and has obvious signs of water erosion, yet it is located in this desert region. The fissure in the rock is so large that you can walk easily through it.

EDIT: This is far more telling:

Hershel Shanks, editor of Biblical Archaeology Review was quoted in Newsweek that "Jebel el Lawz is the most likely site for Mount Sinai."

Shanks? really? I do read BAR, but Shanks has his own agenda--just read his magazine BAR, its well apparent.

If it speaks as if biblical events are literal and actual then, good chance it... less than credible.

Ron was on CBS News in 1984, telling about his trip to see the mountain and what he found there. He had entered the country without a visa and was thought to be a spy. He and is sons spent 76 days in prison and could have been executed, but God delivered them.

edit on 1-3-2013 by cartenz because: end quote...

edit on 1-3-2013 by cartenz because: SHANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 1-3-2013 by cartenz because: God is a Lawyer????

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Not a lot obviously....

Noah's Ark is very different from the Arc of the Covenant.....

edit on 1-3-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I wasnt talking about Noah's Arc, I was talking of the Arc of the Covenant being in Axum:

The Ethiopian Orthodox Church claims to possess the Ark of the Covenant, or Tabot, in Axum, not far from the border with Eritrea. The object is currently kept under guard in a treasury near the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion and is used occasionally in ritual processions.[22] Replicas of the Axum tabot are kept in every Ethiopian church, each with its own dedication to a particular saint, the most popular of these include Mary, George and Michael.

en.wikipedia.org...

In fact I even explicitly mentioned Arc of the Covenant in my earlier post, so dont try to undermine my intelligence with your lack of reading skill
edit on 1-3-2013 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It has a lot of Christian artifacts that goes along with the Old Testament. There was some footage smuggled out that shows a lot of the artifacts. Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Says the person who payed absolutely no attention to the words AND spelling contained in my post. Futhermore, The Ark of the Covenant was never said to be found at Mt. Sinai (by the way that is the correct spelling, not mt. SIANNI....but I'm generally not a grammar nazi) but Noah's Ark was said to be found upon Mt. Sinai....even in the Bible it claims to have landed there.....

Also, how could 'The Watchers' or 'The Supreme Ones', which obviously refers to a group of beings no matter which way you read it, possibly travel 'aboard' (definition of aboard: on, onto, or within a vehicle (as a car or ship) the Ark of the covenant......it's a box....carried by people.

You replied to my post....in which I was referring to Noah's Ark...you know...the boat...

I didn't need to undermine your intelligence....you did a mighty fine job of it yourself.

edit: My partner points out that it is spelled 'Ark' of the covenant...hell even the wiki article you posted had the correct spelling.

p.s. You made the assumption.

edit on 1-3-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

Maybe something up there that we dont know about?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

www.arkdiscovery.com...

I checked that link... wow; dont know where to start other than: Try sourcing information from academia and not religious zealots:

On the western or back side of the mountain is Rephidim where Moses and the Children of Israel first encamped before reaching Mt. Sinai. It was here that Moses struck the rock, above, which gushed forth large quantities of water. The giant 60 foot rock is on a 300 foot tall hill, and has obvious signs of water erosion, yet it is located in this desert region. The fissure in the rock is so large that you can walk easily through it.

EDIT: This is far more telling:

Hershel Shanks, editor of Biblical Archaeology Review was quoted in Newsweek that "Jebel el Lawz is the most likely site for Mount Sinai."

Shanks? really? I do read BAR, but Shanks has his own agenda--just read his magazine BAR, its well apparent.

If it speaks as if biblical events are literal and actual then, good chance it... less than credible.

Ron was on CBS News in 1984, telling about his trip to see the mountain and what he found there. He had entered the country without a visa and was thought to be a spy. He and is sons spent 76 days in prison and could have been executed, but God delivered them.

edit on 1-3-2013 by cartenz because: end quote...

edit on 1-3-2013 by cartenz because: SHANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 1-3-2013 by cartenz because: God is a Lawyer????

EXCUSE ME? I was trying to establish where that place with the fence is....NOTHING MORE!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Maybe they found a Stargate up there!
Daniel Jackson is probably up there digging it up!

Seriously though I think that given the sheer hatred going on in the world today it does make sense to guard whatever is up there. Be it Islamic or christian fundamentalist that they are guarding it from. What if for example Christianity is wrong and in fact Islam was the right relgion all along? And vice versa. Or what if there is a discovery made showing EVERYONE was wrong. Sure there is a Supreme Being. But none of the relgious clap trap that we on Earth have had to put up with.

Makes you think...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Possibly since there is a great amount of monetary business with very many visitors who tour the traditional Mt. Sinai site on the Sinai Peninsular every year, that it may have a hidden agenda influence on the real site. Maybe big money talks somehow.

Here is the traditional Sinai site on the web: www.sinaimonastery.com...

If anyone is interested below is a web link to the possibility that the Mt St Helen's eruption in Washington state on May 18,1980, made some kind of a communication statement about current events.

edit on 23-6-2014 by trader21 because: add word Sinai

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sneaglebob12
Hello everyone.

From what I know, it is Ron Wyatt who claims he found biblical Mt. Sinai and artifacts around it but not many people believe him however if this is so then why is the area around the biblical mt. Sinai fenced off?

For the same reason the dome of the rock is fenced off so you can't walk all over it. An excavation and survey of the site by archaeologists of the government of Saudi Arabia itself was published in 2002, titled "Al-Bid: History and Archaeology", so all the conspiracy theories about the supposed hidden motives of those protecting this site fall pretty flat, IMO. If you're trying to hide a site's existence, you don't publicly publish an excavation and site survey of it. It makes sense that these areas are fenced off to prevent artifacts from walking off, and to prevent defacement. After all, this is archaeological evidence of events that Jew, Muslim, and Christian would hold in high regard. Remember it's in the middle of a desert wasteland. Without a guard present, there would be no protection of the site. There are no neighbors across the street to call the police when someone starts vandalizing things. Actually the guard at this site was pretty friendly according to the testimony of Aaron Sen who shares his May 2003 site visit experience on Youtube video (www.youtube.com...). The guard showed them around to places he wasn't really authorized to.
edit on 12-11-2014 by onthuhlist1 because: my bad grammar.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: onthuhlist1 The FAA have issued a NOTAM ref no. FDC4/8353 Sinai Peninsula, which tells pilots not to fly below 26,000ft and to exercise extreme caution due to ONGOING VIOLENCE, unrest, security ops, risk to safety from small arms fire, RPGs, anti aircraft fire, and MANPADS.
Thats one hell of an Archaelogical dig, Indiana Jones must be back in town.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join