It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant Owner Finds Teen Walking 10 Snowy Miles for Job Interview. Guess Where He’s Working Now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Public Relations at it's finest.
Not sure why the perfect generation always think walking equals work ethic?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The are out there! My 17 nephew, has been working since he could. Not because he has to, because he wants to. He has a better work ethic than any adult I know. The boy won't eat a french fry that he doesn't pay for, never late and in almost two years of working has called off once. Makes me proud to know some of our teens have better work ethics than most adults. Thank you for sharing!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
My company has hired about 10 18-24 yr olds in the past two Months for an easy job opening. All of them have quit citing reasons such as the work is too hard (folding papers is hard?) And the environment is too noisy for their tastes, or they don't want to stand for more than 2 hours, or they want hour long lunch break instead of 30 mins. With how hard jobs are to get these days and how many potential workers there are, you think more would appreciate just having a job to begin with.

Kids these days are spoiled rotten i guess.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is the sort of person I am honored to share a planet with. Both the young man and this restaurant owner are what we have lost in the world and cant put our finger on.

Nice story. I am glad there is still yet hope.

S&F of coarse.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I'd say individual story can not say it all. There are more hard workers out there.
It may totally depends on the person's financial situation, life experience, and how he/she satisfied with the job position. The job, and the pay they get, may not be considered equal, or be able to pay off their cost and time.

There are always reasons. You just need to find the right guy to fulfil the position. And it is business owner's duty to make smart decision and judgement.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join