It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heterosexual Concerns: Feminism, being noble, and being ignored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Why is it that there exists reluctancy? Why is there such a caution in the wind that leads to not facing another human being and merely having a conversation? By what merit does there exist any reason at all to even be hesitant upon simple, vocal, contact?

The reason is because as a society we are afraid of ourselves. It is not that I fear talking to a beautiful woman, it is that I fear disembowelment and/or destruction of character; that I will walk up to a stranger seeking company and receive cold-hearted prideful rejection, based solely on poor judgement. The fact that men cannot just walk to an acquaintance of opposite gender without immediate reaction to partnership makes me really sad for how the world views interpersonal relationships.

Is it really a condition of social fallacy that repulses us from interaction? I guess what I am getting at is that there seems to be this unwritten social contract of "want" dictating that both reason and motive for contact between opposite genders boils down to the preconceived notion of sex… which ultimately ruins the public's perception of intimacy.

What happens when you walk up to someone (in a non-creepy and generous manner of course) and you tell them that they are pretty? Ok, that's a generic example but what is the result? Generally a faked smile and some reason to leave arises, perhaps maybe some other "distraction" appears from nowhere and to what avail? It is just a compliment, take it--at least that is the logical course of action. Maybe there could be some development of relation afterwards, but the chips would land where they may and the range of possibilities span from all to naught.

The reason why this happen is because socially, for far too long, there have been males whose egos out wit their respect and thus resulting in females needing to protect themselves through avoidance. It is sad really, compliments just don't mean anything and that makes feelings seem less genuine… talk about ruining the mood.

And then we have this empowerment regime that has been happening since deep into the 1920s of woman… Something that on paper I am all for. I mean there are the duhs like voting rights, and equal pay and treatment in the work place that in my opinion shouldn't even be questioned. But then there is this certain feminism that has been growing for years and years that now has girls everywhere getting angry at small things even such as handshakes… Handshakes! Ever tried to shake a woman's hand like that classy guy from any black and white movie does? It becomes a problem and somehow demeans the woman to a slave or something, I haven't the clue. Trying to hold the door open for someone creates just the same product of attrition, supposedly, and also de-powers a woman. I don't do those things because I think you are weak, I do them out of being polite and respectful. In fact, I do it nearly for the exact same reasons as someone would for the president or the pope--don't try to tell me it is because people see them as powerless.

The war on relationships, the declassification of being "gentleman" and an overall lack of confidence and faith in nobility has reduced this country to a rather unhealthy state.
I don't know how this could possibly be fixed, but yet I know there is no probable resolution. This is less of a complaint than that of an observation, as a side note, but I had to share anyway because it still gives me some extent of frustration. I mean I am smart funny and at the least not ugly so why is it hard for girls to give a damn?

Society is just messed up I guess.
edit on 27-2-2013 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just because youve been weirding girls out doesn't mean society is crumbling and the world is corrupt

Get some perspective, not everyone is socially adept

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The younger generation spends too much time communicating through non human contact means so they don`t know how to interact and communicate in face to face situations.They haven`t developed and perfected social skills because they rarely need or use them.

I went to the dentist yesterday and the dentist was a young girl fresh out of dental school. I was talking to her like I talk to my family and friends i didn`t say anything inappropriate i was just being sociable and making conversation., she acted like I was weird just because I was talking to a stranger like i had known them forever. I thought she was kind of weird because she didn`t react normally to having a face to face conversation with an unknown person.
She didn`t know how to have a conservation, she was lost and confused when the situation didn`t fit into her pre- scripted, pre-programed expectation of how the interaction was going to take place.

To be fair I should mention that she just graduated and moved to this very rural area from a large city dental college.Maybe she just spent too much time living and studying in a big city and she forgot what real people are like.not that people in big cities aren`t real they are just real different.

ETA: i did learn a valuable life lesson though, never make a person feel uncomfortable when they are about to stick a large metal object in your mouth and pull a tooth out, she practically rip my whole jaw off, i`m starting to think she might have done that on purpose

edit on 27-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

What kind of trolling is this? You have absolutely no bearing on anything I said. You say this as if you have some type of socially-apt skill, you wrote one sentence and obviously you are flawed in hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Odd, considering she is from a big city. Well, not odd come to think of it.

A big city has a lot of people that can offer a great deal of contact with a lot of people, but in fairly short bursts. Completely opposite of (what I am assuming to be) typical rural communication where there are less people to socialize with, thus creating more personal interaction.

It just sucks how just talking seems to lead to that type of confusion with some people, like being friendly is only for one reason...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by Tardacus

It just sucks how just talking seems to lead to that type of confusion with some people, like being friendly is only for one reason...

yep I know what you mean, some people seem to think that just because you are being friendly and sociable that automatically means you want to start making babies with them.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Or you can just save yourself all that trouble and writing and say what you really mean. Its one giant cluster# of a #storm. Its bound to head nowhere good. And that is the bottom line. But we shall see.

The best you can do is pretend like everybody else, the lucky ones are the ones to stupid to see what really going on, that or those who actually believe there own bull. The internet has been as much as a hindrance and handicap as its been a help, give it a few generations and the whole thing will either have to change dramatically or crumble and people really will not know how to act in a face to face scenario without a script.

I think were just seeing the beginning stages of that, as things fall apart and as things crumble it will change the entire makeup of society and mental makeup of males and females. Females in general have always been more societal prone then males, so much so that our whole society is based on that fact, and after all sex does sell and our societies have so far been based on that. But in the futures and coming times, as things fade and veils fall, expect the truth to become more obvious, the truth being that males and females are two different animals who just may as well be two different species which evolved next to each other. Like I said the lucky ones are the ones to blind to see, well at least till they fall in a ditch or something.

But hey luckly humans do not on average have very long lifespans so the transitions will be a bit more smoother because of that fact. Memory works in a funny way and without a social memory complex, or one as prone to failure as ours, well our faults may also be our saving graces. But in either case expect more of the same to keep happening. If it has not changed by now it never really will.

We are our conditions.

new topics

top topics

join