It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did 220 Manta Rays wash up dead on a beach in Gaza?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's odd because they look like they were all lined up in rows. If this is the way they were found then something seems off. I also noticed what looks like blood on some of them.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPhoenix

There seems to be some confusion about the facts.
As posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

For the first time in five years, fishermen say they are catching the rays by the hundreds.

maannews.net...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A thought popped into my head... YES!! It's finally happened!!

The AOL news site seems to be the first big msm site to carry this story, but I'm fairly sure that they were referencing the earlier reports from the Jerusalem based maannews site and the Italian site repubblica.it.

The maannews site clearly says that they are "batfish rays" and that they were caught deliberately by fishermen.

Batfish return to Gaza shore Published yesterday 19:19 GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Fishermen say the locally rare batfish stingray is making a comeback in the waters off the coast of Gaza. For the first time in five years, fishermen say they are catching the rays by the hundreds.

If this is the case, then does it not suggest that AOL has DELIBERATELY and INTENTIONALLY misquoted the earlier reports, to make it look like another mass die-off incident?
What motives would lie behind this I wonder??

Are they just trying to sensationalise every story, to make their headlines harder-hitting and to hell with the truth?
or is there an underlying reason that they would want us to "know" about increasing numbers of "mass die-offs"??

Or, is the maannews site report misleading us? Is this another real mass die-off and they are trying to manipulate the story into being a "good-news, the fishermen are catching lots of rays" type story???

One thing seems clear - someone is not reporting the truth.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123
Israel probably trying to starve the palestinians,poisoning the sea,after all they are trying to sink every boat who dares to go fishing,with bazzokas and what not...

Well, the Palestinians are eating them. Here is another article.

Hundreds of dead rays wash up on Gaza beach

I believe an electrical disturbance in the water caused this.

Bob Rubin, an expert on stingrays from Santa Rosa Junior College in California, told the Daily Mail the rays’ fins could have been bloody because they slapped into something such as "boats, rocks, sand, each other".
"Large underwater noises or electrical signals may have caused some state of disorientation but that is only a guess on my part," Mr Rubin said.

I've witnessed small sharks go absolutely mental and slam into reefs when I've approached them due to the electronic shark repellent I was wearing. The only creatures this repellent affects are sharks, rays and skates. If the rays behave like the sharks I've seen do, that would certainly explain their bloody fins.

edit on 28/2/13 by NuclearPaul because: typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join