It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Aquitted in Philadelphia Assault Case with Video Evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

A Philadephia court has aquitted police officer of assault that occurred in the Puerto Rican Appreciation Day Parade.

THOUGH ex-cop Jonathan Josey was acquitted by a judge Tuesday of assaulting a woman he was filmed punching last September, the fight is still on and will only intensify, the woman's enraged attorney thundered after leaving court.

(visit link for full story)

Full Story

How is it that this has happened? This is a judge that should be removed from the bench like........yesterday!

It has been said that some water was thrown or something like that but is this really an appropriate response?

I guess it is just another day in what we have come to expect in the grand 'ole US of A. This kind of thing makes me sick and every day it seems there is more injustice in a world ruled by the corrupt. I fear that riots will soon become commonplace as we sit on a powder keg with a lit fuse and nobody seems to want to move away from the explosives.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: generally helps to post thread *sigh*

edit on 27-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

The only conclusion that I can draw, is that the establishment is scared.

Because they are scared, they view the thugs in blue as their last line of defense, their enforcers and bodyguards from the general public.

"I protect you, you protect me".

edit on 27-2-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

The only conclusion that I can draw, is that the establishment is scared.

Because they are scared, they view the thugs in blue as their last line of defense, their enforcers and bodyguards from the general public.

"I protect you, you protect me".

edit on 27-2-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Well regardless of what she did it makes me laugh as it was blatantly obvious, he walked over to her and just popped her one. Then to cover up for what he did he put her in hand cuffs like it was his intention to arrest her all along. All I have to say is sad, sad, sad. What a world we live in.......and what's worse is now not only do we see the abuse, but justice is in some cases turning a blind eye even when there is video evidence.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow talk about a let down. Corruption alive and thriving.

I also thought it would be nice to tag your thread with the original thread from back on 10/5/2012 when this first hit ATS.
Seems there will be a bunch of let down ATS members after reading that thread.
Although as a American once again I'm let down by these want to be Gods we call judges.

I found this yesterday when it was hit with this news.
Officer Who Hit Woman Will Be Fired

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Wow talk about a let down. Corruption alive and thriving.

I also thought it would be nice to tag your thread with the original thread from back on 10/5/2012 when this first hit ATS.
Seems there will be a bunch of let down ATS members after reading that thread.
Although as a American once again I'm let down by these want to be Gods we call judges.

I found this yesterday when it was hit with this news.
Officer Who Hit Woman Will Be Fired

Thanks for the link to the original thread that reported on it when it happened. I agree with your assessment, justice is a word that only seems to apply to those that don't have connections these days. I imagine there will be alot of let down Americans in general, but especially so in the Philly area hispanic community. Like I said, this has the potential to be a powder keg with a lit fuse, I hope nothing bad comes of it ala Rodney King.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I seriously think this judge needs charges filed against him for obstruction of justice.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Disgusting.

What corrupt piece of work of a judge let this slide?

There is no justice anymore in this country. Not unless you have millions of dollars, or a badge, or some other position of power.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So it turns out that in the non-jury trial the judge has bit of an issue. He has been married to a cop for a long time. Not just any cop either. She apparently was one of the tens of cops in the courtroom supporting Josey.

Philadelphia Daily News via PINAC.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
So it turns out that in the non-jury trial the judge has bit of an issue. He has been married to a cop for a long time. Not just any cop either. She apparently was one of the tens of cops in the courtroom supporting Josey.

Philadelphia Daily News via PINAC.

Hah!!! Why does this not surprise me?

new topics

top topics

join