Struggles between putting up your guard..and leaving yourself vulnerable in a song

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This song's called It's Been Dark

I've been struggling with this topic for a while, due to past experiences. I'm starting to learn to take a step out of my shell, as I've done recently, only to get hurt...But I'm trying to get past the pain and be someone that doesn't always have to shell up whenever he's hurt.

Here's the song: www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
A good little song !!

Is this you?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snaffers

Yes this is. I'm glad you like it.

I wrote what I was feeling last night and recorded it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

Oh

Then i have to say that i like your voice

Watched other vids from you.
You can sing my friend

PS: The harmonics were fine. GJ

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Snaffers

Appreciate it! I'm pursuing music.. and still experimenting with my Niche. Thing is I like to sing and write in all types of styles.. depending on my mood and what not. It's been tough to nail something down but I think I'm getting there.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I know how hard it can be to put thoughts and feelings down into fine lyrics

Still it is your choice to perform any kind of expressions you may want.
Your voice is fine. Your lyrics match!!
The instrumentals are not those i would listen to

Waveforms are Waveforms

I do understand you

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Very often when I listen to a song someone as written for themselves I feel kinda privileged to have been allowed into what is obviously their intimate thought's. I always find it very brave and admirable when songwriters can share these intimate thoughts...but I say this as someone who struggle's to verbalize my own thought's and feeling's.

But you see this is where people like you come in....you can just hear a song and it seem's to put everything in to word's which you are feeling. I think it's a gift to be able to help other's make sense of their own feeling's and write lyric's that other's can identify with. For those of us who are not very good at putting thought's and feeling's into word's when you find that song/song's which you can identify with it become's a source to express yourself.

Again I think it's a gift and an important one...songwriters sharing like this can become a source of recognition, understanding and sometime's healing for the person listening....

I think you have talent both in song writing and your voice ....thank you for sharing ( it's not the first time I have listened to one of your song's) .You probably don't need me to say this...but keep up with it!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I haven't checked the link yet, but I have a comment to make which you may find useful anyway. Literature (and I include song lyrics for the purposes of this statement) is something you make up. It is based on your own experiences—'write what you know' is standard advice to authors—but it should not be too specific about those experiences. If a song is too obviously autobiographical, it loses its power. The power of a lyric lies in its personal meaning to the listener.

You need to have some of yourself in there to make it real and help you focus your own creative and emotive energy on it, but if you get too personal, detailed or specific, you've blown it. Strike the right balance between fact and fiction and you are no longer vulnerable.

Anyway, you should have the courage to bleed in public. Most of the time people don't notice; the listener is thinking about himself, not about you. To put it bluntly: to you, the songwriter, the 'I' in the song is yourself. But for anyone else listening to the song (or singing it for that matter), the 'I' in it is themelves. They don't really care about you.

There you go. One of the most important secrets of real art, yours for no charge.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Thanks. Did you end up listening to the song?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Thanks, Logos. From reading your post, you seem to write very eloquently and it comes to me as a surprise that you have trouble writing/expressing your thoughts.

Your words are kind and supportive, and I'm glad i've struck a chord with you and you continue you listen to my music. It makes me very happy and I thank you for it

I hope I continue you please your ears/emotions with my music in the future.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I don't have too many trouble's expressing and sharing my thought's and feeling's when it come's to the more generalised stuff.....but personal and intimate thought's and feelings are more of a struggle.But I'm sure that's not all that unique.

I'm glad you felt some support from my post and keep up the good work!...keep sharing your music

new topics
top topics

join