It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to threaten Iran with military strike in June, Israeli media reports

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Obama is no friend of Israel.

I don't believe this will happen.

Just my 2 cents

Do you really think Obama has anything to say in this ?

Indeed the last president to had "something to say" about anything was shot dead in dallas, texas 50 years ago.

Reading from the teleprompter does not count! I wonder what happens if the teleprompter ever fails or obama starts needing glasses to see.

Impromptu speeches means you know what you are talking about. Rehearsed speechs can be done by anyone even a 90 year old grandma.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
If this war were to go ahead there is only one guaranteed way where Israel stays intact and alive.

What this means is, if I were Netanyahu I would start the mass production of Iron Domes and cover the whole border with them literally touching each other. Maybe overkill but you get what I mean.

One thing is for sure. I would not start any war before the border is filled with this SAM system.

Does israel even deserve to be a jewish state after 60 years of trying and failing? Why do they keep using ponerology to gain momentum when they simply could have conquered the hell out of the palestinians and deported them to neighboring arab countries?

How many conflicts have been fought in that area already? And the jews kept wining? Why didn't they KEEP that land? Why did they succumb to UN demands? If you conquer land because you were invaded then doesn't it make sense TO KEEP IT?

Then they build wall after wall to supposedly keep palestinian terrorists at bay. Yeah that will teach them alright. Teach them to be even more stubborn. Then arabs get pissed because of the trade embargo on them and they launch missles for revenge. Then israel gets mad and cowardly uses aircraft to drop white phospherous(illegal) and tries to talk america into striking iran. America which is $16 trillion in debt can NOT AFFORD ANY MORE CONFLICTS! In fact we need to get rid of democrats and republicans in government.

Israelis are cowards and don't deserve anything. In fact the only reason they still have any land is because of their alliance with the usa, which they control anyway because they have infiltrated the two big parties and have all the money in the world to get their ways. They control wall street, the lobbies, hollywood, law firms, etc.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yoursteppingonmytoes

I also, like you, do not speak any of the Iranian languages so I can't say for sure what Amahdinejad's exact words were for sure or Khameini's either. But there is no way they could wipe out the Zionist regime without wiping out the majority of Israel so it matters not. Kind of like the attacks on 9/11 weren't supposedly aimed at the American people but it's government- but the greatest number of casualties was among not the government but just average citizens.

Yes Iran has allowed inspectors and Israel has not. I'm not defending that at all, in fact I don't have a problem with Iran having nuclear technology period.. But as far as Khameini issuing a religious decree against the use of nukes we don't know that it can be trusted. It is perfectly acceptable to lie to the "infidels" and for all we know that could have been staged for the benefit of said "infidels", or it could be truth- we just don't know. And nobody EVER knows what the heck Israel is going to do, their government is just as questionable and unpredictable.

It would be stupid for these two countries to go to war, especially if it involved nuclear technology from either side. But just because even they know it's a stupid idea it doesn't mean they won't do it. The analogy of them acting like kids is pretty accurate in my opinion. There is also the fact that both countries are being ruled by religious nutbags who seem impatient for their end time prophecies to be fulfilled even if that means them being the cause of it. There is also no doubt that if war does start between Iran and Israel that the rest of us will be dragged into it by proxy. My opinion is that if they wish to destroy each other the rest of us shouldn't let ourselves be dragged into it, but treaties and official alliances will overshadow common sense in such a situation. Whatever the outcome there will be no winners- only losers.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoursteppingonmytoes
reply to post by Jepic

If this war were to go ahead there is only one guaranteed way where Israel stays intact and alive.

What this means is, if I were Netanyahu I would start the mass production of Iron Domes and cover the whole border with them literally touching each other. Maybe overkill but you get what I mean.

One thing is for sure. I would not start any war before the border is filled with this SAM system.

Scary, but true to the tone. I would not take on the barrage of hundreds of thousands if not millions of Iranian missiles for any potential prize.

"Hey stick your hand into that Lion's mouth, it'll only hurt a bit but there's a diamond inside"

You get my meaning hehe

Iron Dome will need more money the Americans can't afford. It so sad that American's live in poverty, and millions if not billions get pumped into the IDF war machine to kill innocents and perpetuate war and instability when this money should be spent on Americans.

Security comes a distant last and priorities are all out of whack with Israel. Sometimes the best leaders will make the hardest decisions. This is why I can never agree with pre emptive strike tactics. Ever.

I do agree. The USA and many other countries should start taking care of their own economy.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Does israel even deserve to be a jewish state after 60 years of trying and failing? Why do they keep using ponerology to gain momentum when they simply could have conquered the hell out of the palestinians and deported them to neighboring arab countries?

How many conflicts have been fought in that area already? And the jews kept wining? Why didn't they KEEP that land? Why did they succumb to UN demands? If you conquer land because you were invaded then doesn't it make sense TO KEEP IT?

Then they build wall after wall to supposedly keep palestinian terrorists at bay. Yeah that will teach them alright. Teach them to be even more stubborn. Then arabs get pissed because of the trade embargo on them and they launch missles for revenge. Then israel gets mad and cowardly uses aircraft to drop white phospherous(illegal) and tries to talk america into striking iran. America which is $16 trillion in debt can NOT AFFORD ANY MORE CONFLICTS! In fact we need to get rid of democrats and republicans in government.

Israelis are cowards and don't deserve anything. In fact the only reason they still have any land is because of their alliance with the usa, which they control anyway because they have infiltrated the two big parties and have all the money in the world to get their ways. They control wall street, the lobbies, hollywood, law firms, etc.

I do think every race has a right to exist. We would be just as bad as them if we comitted genocide against them. Variety is what makes us humans beautiful.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
To analyze this potential conflict one must look at all the other players. Looking at a map can be helpful.

Geographically China is out of the picture unless she moves through several other countries. I do not think she will, she would have to directly engage US forces and China is not that silly.

Russia is another story. She has direct access for the movement of material and men should she wish to. I doubt that Russia will put men in in Russian Uniforms but troops are troops!

Play the scenario where Iran crosses into Iraq and then joins with Syrian forces. How many fighters from Iraq would join them, well, a bloody great many.

A regime change in Saudi Arabia that eliminates the Royal Family could conceivably happen.

Then there is Pakistan and lots of Nukes. Who will she side with considering the continuing US drone strikes in her backyard.

Then you have all the Stans. Start with Kazakhstan and work your way South. There are a lot of them and a lot of hard fighters. Would they join in? Who knows!

Lastly, consider this. Iran has missiles, lots of missiles. The difficulty is hitting the target. China has its own GPS system. All China had to do to help would be to send a crate full of GPS guidance boards to Iran and suddenly Iran missiles are pin point accurate.

Both China and Russia would be falling over themselves to provide all sorts of tech to Iran just to see how it functions against US hardware. They only need to provide tech drawings and some electronic boards. They could even sit back and claim that Iran stole the plans!

The thing many forget is that Iran has a very healthy industrial ability and the only thing it might lack is cutting edge tech and that is in reality only a few tiny computer boards, easily smuggled in via the Caspian Sea.

An attack on Iran may have some very interesting blow back from the entire region.

P

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
To analyze this potential conflict one must look at all the other players. Looking at a map can be helpful.

Geographically China is out of the picture unless she moves through several other countries. I do not think she will, she would have to directly engage US forces and China is not that silly.

Russia is another story. She has direct access for the movement of material and men should she wish to. I doubt that Russia will put men in in Russian Uniforms but troops are troops!

Play the scenario where Iran crosses into Iraq and then joins with Syrian forces. How many fighters from Iraq would join them, well, a bloody great many.

A regime change in Saudi Arabia that eliminates the Royal Family could conceivably happen.

Then there is Pakistan and lots of Nukes. Who will she side with considering the continuing US drone strikes in her backyard.

Then you have all the Stans. Start with Kazakhstan and work your way South. There are a lot of them and a lot of hard fighters. Would they join in? Who knows!

Lastly, consider this. Iran has missiles, lots of missiles. The difficulty is hitting the target. China has its own GPS system. All China had to do to help would be to send a crate full of GPS guidance boards to Iran and suddenly Iran missiles are pin point accurate.

Both China and Russia would be falling over themselves to provide all sorts of tech to Iran just to see how it functions against US hardware. They only need to provide tech drawings and some electronic boards. They could even sit back and claim that Iran stole the plans!

The thing many forget is that Iran has a very healthy industrial ability and the only thing it might lack is cutting edge tech and that is in reality only a few tiny computer boards, easily smuggled in via the Caspian Sea.

An attack on Iran may have some very interesting blow back from the entire region.

P

NATO air supremacy makes any large infantry movements futile. It would just be an all you can kill from above buffet.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Way I've read it in the Bible is that if they did as God requested life would be great. If they didn't they'd get cast out of their land, abused and killed, just generally hated and treated bad. I'll let you read between the lines.

How bout we just forget the Jews and their little monopoly on God. I mean religion is fun and all but since God is playing favorites he can take care of their grubby little asses and defend their glorious hole in the sand. For all those overzealous religious folk out there that think I forgot my place in God's plan these folks can go have a kegger some place and circle jerk to your hearts content. I tend to think me just being nice to somebody else is God's plan.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Russia and china don't care about technology. They have nukes and if ww3 breaks out it would quickly escalate. The hardware they sell to the arab countries is simply their cash cow. Arabs give oil and ex-commies give hardware.

To suggest otherwise is ignorance.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by andypb
I wonder if Obama knows he's attacking Iran in June.
Or is Nuttyyahoo just mouthing off again
He doesn’t have to know, he and the Americans just need to listen, and obey, what is being told for them to do.
edit on 27-2-2013 by IamJewish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I do think every race has a right to exist. We would be just as bad as them if we comitted genocide against them. Variety is what makes us humans beautiful.

I am not a racist so I have no idea what you are trying to imply. Just saying what most people don't know or don't have the guts to admit. Israel has made compounded mistakes for 60 years and everyone is sick and tired of their childish whinning.

As for nazis and facists, the misinformation they teach children today speaks volumes. I was actually lucky enough to have a really knowledgeable high school teacher who took the time to explain why ww2 happened and what each side stood to gain or loose. People don't just go to war for the sake of going to war or just because they are evil. Childish logic is for children!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Russia and china don't care about technology. They have nukes and if ww3 breaks out it would quickly escalate. The hardware they sell to the arab countries is simply their cash cow. Arabs give oil and ex-commies give hardware.

The biggest no no in warfare is to underestimate your enemy. China does not care about tech? Who makes all the tech you have at home. Look at the stickers on the computer you are using, it says made in China. Only two countries have GPS satellites, US and China!

I'm ignorant? Pot / kettle!

P

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

The biggest no no in warfare is to underestimate your enemy. China does not care about tech? Who makes all the tech you have at home. Look at the stickers on the computer you are using, it says made in China. Only two countries have GPS satellites, US and China!

I'm ignorant? Pot / kettle!

P

I was speaking about military technology. They are light years behind america!

What do computers and GPS satellites have anything to do with their military? These patents belong to the private american sector and are not disclosed to china for national security reasons. China has a strong economy because the global capitalists are exploiting their cheap labor force. When wall street pulls out for any reason their economy is toast.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
When you announce that you are planning a meeting to discuss attacking another country that`s pretty much an act of war and the targeted country has every right to launch a pre-emptive attack.
This all might be saber rattling and propaganda but it can be considered an act of war.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

This is exactly what I thought when I read the OP.

Netanyahu keeps trying to drag us into crap and do his dirty work for him. He did it with Iraq and Saddam. I can't even think of the man the same after seeing that vid on youtube where he thought the cam had been turned off, and went on to brag about how easy it is to manipulate the USA.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

This is exactly what I thought when I read the OP.

Netanyahu keeps trying to drag us into crap and do his dirty work for him. He did it with Iraq and Saddam. I can't even think of the man the same after seeing that vid on youtube where he thought the cam had been turned off, and went on to brag about how easy it is to manipulate the USA.

I guess when Obama goes to Israel during Lent, they can talk about it.

He can say, "So, I hear we are attacking Iran in June, whats up with that?"

And see what Ben says.

Simple, right? That's way before June, too.

So if he doesn't like the answer, he has plenty of time to do something about it.

Just a short time, and we will know, one way or the other, because the Transparent President will surely come back and tell us how he talked Israel out of it, and brought peace to the middle east.

Then, we only have to worry if the Bible was true and real, afterall!

edit on 28-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Ah yes, it's been around 3 months since Israel threatened Iran so I guess we are due another.

Move along, nothing to see here.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I remember sometime the secret negotiations between Obama and Sarkuzi released that they were speaking and describing Nethanyahoo ! a Liar !!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Originally posted by Tardacus
When you announce that you are planning a meeting to discuss attacking another country that`s pretty much an act of war and the targeted country has every right to launch a pre-emptive attack.
This all might be saber rattling and propaganda but it can be considered an act of war.

I can't disagree with you there. But it seems more like irresponsible media leaking stuff then an actual executive branch decision. I doubt they'd be so foolhardy and announce the plans in this fashion.

Stranger things have happened though and if a strike window was confirmed to be discussed by anyone, you're right it is an act of aggression and should be taken to the UN (Useless Nations)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Originally posted by maes2

I remember sometime the secret negotiations between Obama and Sarkuzi released that they were speaking and describing Nethanyahoo ! a Liar !!

Hey! I remember that maes2 your right. That was quite funny actually. Nicolas Sarkozy and Obama called him dodgy and a liar haha. Funny stuff, even they don't trust them. And this is France and the USA, if they can't trust Bibi.. who can?!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join