It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to threaten Iran with military strike in June, Israeli media reports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Obama to threaten Iran with military strike in June, Israeli media reports

rt.com

President Barack Obama says the United States could launch an attack on Iran as early as this June, Israeli media reports.

According to a report on Israel’s Channel 10 News that has since been picked up by the Times of Israel, Pres. Obama will use an upcoming meeting overseas to discuss a military strike on Iran. Pres. Obama is scheduled to visit Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu next month, and during the get-together the two leaders will reportedly work out the details for a possible assault.

Pres. Obama will tell Netanyahu that a “window of opportunity” for a military strike on Iran will open in June, Channel 10 claims.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-2-2013 by yoursteppingonmytoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
More false, empty threats coming out of Israel?
Last year it was October, now its June. I wonder what political event is scheduled to occur in June.

The article clearly shows that elements within Israel still want a military solution with Iran which does not surprise me the slightest.

I cant help but feel that the sights put on Iran are to do with the competing Gas pipelines in the middle east. Iran is set to make billions in the next few years on natural gas alone.

The war for resources, not ideology.. continues..

rt.com

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I wonder if Obama knows he's attacking Iran in June.
Or is Nuttyyahoo just mouthing off again

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andypb

Good point andypb,

Makes me wonder how much of a role Israeli politics factors into US decision making, especially the big decisions in the executive branch.

Netanyahu's father was a close associate of Ze'ev Jabontinsky (the founder of politico terrorist organization Irgun along with Avraham Tehomi) and Bibi's brother died in the Israeli Entebbe airport operation.

Netanyahu's whole life in surrounded by the military and its encompassing decisions, as are most Israeli leaders.
He's been making threats and sensationalizing Iran since the 90's.. I hope its hollow talk.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoursteppingonmytoes

Last year it was October, now its June. I wonder what political event is scheduled to occur in June.

The article clearly shows that elements within Israel still want a military solution with Iran which does not surprise me the slightest.

I cant help but feel that the sights put on Iran are to do with the competing Gas pipelines in the middle east. Iran is set to make billions in the next few years on natural gas alone.

rt.com

The illuminati(masons) who directly but covertly control all western governments want to start ww3 to depopulate a large portion of humanity. The georgia guidestones makes mention of this. They are using the petro-dollar BS instead of focusing on economic protectionism to slow down globalism. This could eventually lead to the unthinkable.

Relgious fanatcism, and israel is just as fanatical non-secular(if not more) as iran is. The mullahs are blaming the rabbis and vice versa. Israel creates most of the tension by abusing the palestinians for more than 50 years now. Of course the arabs are no saints either and quite territorial and dogmatic.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What a load of baloney. Why do you even bother posting links to such nonsense?, surely you dont actually think its true?. Its nothing more than Nuttyyahoo fantasy, and thats all it will remain, from news reports ive seen and read today there will be an easing of sanctions and talks have gone well with Iran.
edit on 27-2-2013 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by andypb

Hey Bush played a professional idiot and seemed pretty well clued in. An rehearsed idiot he was, Obama seems a bit more clued in. I actually wonder how much of an "executive" decision it really is. It can't just come down to what Obama thinks surely.

I am pretty sure obama does not give a # about israel and he showed it during his early days in office by telling netanyahu that israel should go back to the UN agreed borders it had established. But aipac and wall street who financed his first and second presidential campaigns pressure him and his party to support israel rain or shine and that is what is wrong with america. The lobbies and big money interests have too much say in politics rather than with the average person.

Who knows what will happen but I don't like any of it so far!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

rt.com

The illuminati(masons) who directly but covertly control all western governments want to start ww3 to depopulate a large portion of humanity. The georgia guidestones makes mention of this. They are using the petro-dollar BS instead of focusing on economic protectionism to slow down globalism. This could eventually lead to the unthinkable.

Relgious fanatcism, and israel is just as fanatical non-secular(if not more) as iran is. The mullahs are blaming the rabbis and vice versa. Israel creates most of the tension by abusing the palestinians for more than 50 years now. Of course the arabs are no saints either and quite territorial and dogmatic.

EarthCitizen: Can I have a good link to the Georgia Guidestones ? Curious
pls and thanks

It seems that if a war were to start anywhere, here would be ripe. It has been for years, I could go on about the Palestinian abuse you pointed out but another thread should be made for that.

In a nutshell what are you trying to say though? A strike on Iran will happen or not?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

EarthCitizen: Can I have a good link to the Georgia Guidestones ? Curious
pls and thanks

why not use google? type "georgia guidestones" and select from the hits you get.

It seems that if a war were to start anywhere, here would be ripe. It has been for years, I could go on about the Palestinian abuse you pointed out but another thread should be made for that.

here in america or here in israel? I have no idea where "here" is.

In a nutshell what are you trying to say though? A strike on Iran will happen or not?

President putin has been talking about the revamped holy crusades for a long time..at least 5 years or more. I think russia has been on edge for quite a while. We are invading country after country for virtually no benefit and maxing out our debt. The military industrial complex has been out of control since eisenhowers day and ww2.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

Originally posted by chaztekno
What a load of baloney. Why do you even bother posting links to such nonsense?, surely you dont actually think its true?. Its nothing more than Nuttyyahoo fantasy, and thats all it will remain, from news reports ive seen and read today there will be an easing of sanctions and talks have gone well with Iran.
edit on 27-2-2013 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

OK,

I bother to post links such as this because...

• 1. It is news whether you want it to be or not

• 2. I did not invent it

• 3. I like to discuss such topics on ATS

If you do not wish to contribute to the discussion other than call it "baloney" than you won't be entertained by myself, as this is my thread. Move along if you do not see merit in discussing such topics.

from news reports ive seen and read today there will be an easing of sanctions and talks have gone well with Iran

Want to discuss the recent talks that just happened with the P5+1? Then post a link to the story and give your opinion. There is such a thing as manners and decorum, you've been a member longer than me, but you don't seem to grasp this small but crucial trait needed for respectful discussions.

ATS is for everyone not just you.

• posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
    link   
    Naaaaaaaaah. 'Israeli reports'. I'm not buying it.
    They have done things like this before. Put things in print
    that they want to happen ... like they think by putting it in
    print it'll magically make their wishes come true or something.

Anyways ... I say .... naaaaaaaaaah ... it's not planned.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:28 PM
    link   
    oh darn now they will be expecting it

or do we want them to be expecting it ?

bwahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:32 PM
    link   

why not use google? type "georgia guidestones" and select from the hits you get.
    Ok will do.

here in america or here in israel? I have no idea where "here" is.
    As I'm discussing Iran attack plans, the middle east is what I was referring to. Now that's clear.

The lobbies and big money interests have too much say in politics rather than with the average person.
    Absolutely, positively, correct. No one will hear such a truer statement in life. Democracy is a farce.

President putin has been talking about the revamped holy crusades for a long time..at least 5 years or more. I think russia has been on edge for quite a while. We are invading country after country for virtually no benefit and maxing out our debt. The military industrial complex has been out of control since eisenhowers day and ww2.
    This is a good point. Russia and China will both be engrossed in the conflict ensuing between Israel and Iran if it ever occurs.

The scale of proxy would be huge. Some think the scale of warfare seen in previous global conflicts will never be seen on such a scale again. Warfare has changed but the appetite for destruction has not.

So you're saying its inevitable as well right? It seems this way to me, how many times can things be threatened and leaked and what not until someone fires off a shot that ignites the whole barrel?

Because it does seem that some in power in Israel and the US, do want to attack Iran. Even though US Generals threatened to resign when Iran attack plans had been considered in the previous administration.

It seems its "always on the table" if I can steal a phrase from Obamarama.
    The threat of force is always looming and ever present and I don't think it has anything to do with nuclear weapons, not really anyway.

Not even to do with religion or secularism, I think its a bonus for Israel yes but the true prize are the resources in Asia that they want unhindered access to. Iran would be a pebble in their shoe big time.

The resource grab and collaboration emerging between, Russia, China, & India to buy from Iran and use its transportation services with Iran is playing a factor in this decision making.

The US through its stubborn support of Israel has alienated a potential great ally in that of Iran. The Iranians have not started a war in 300 years... The US/ Israel... another thread all together..

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
    link   

Why would they want to depopulate the slaves?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:48 PM
    link   
    reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
    Naaaaaaaaah. 'Israeli reports'. I'm not buying it.
    They have done things like this before. Put things in print
    that they want to happen ... like they think by putting it in
    print it'll magically make their wishes come true or something.

Anyways ... I say .... naaaaaaaaaah ... it's not planned.

Hope you're right FlyersFan!
    Its been going on for over 10 years now from the Israeli side and Bibi especially, they're planning this we're planning that, there's only "x" amount of time left!!?

They've definitely got a hard-on for Iran and it pre dates that "wipe off the map" fiasco (which I don't even think Ahmadinejad said)

Anyone who knows about the relationship between Iran and the Israeli's must wonder why Iran is so hated by Israeli leadership. Jewish communities live in Tehran and Ahmadinejad has been received by Rabbi's in New York on several notable occasions which the msm never reports on. Not good headlines as this are they ?

It seems only a small percentage actually do not like Iran which leads me to believe the religious differences are played up to be the biggest differences between Iran and Israel but in fact the true source of Israeli aggression is more sinister, but manipulated by a small few. Iran does not recognize Israel as with most of Iran's leaders, this is pretty much the entire middle east that feels the same way.

I hope it never happens, but sadly history repeats and the "War of Words" is not helping much. I know most people on here can discern the difference and the discussion is enjoyable.. until the barrel ignites!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:50 PM
    link   
    I've never understood making announcements like this for all the world to see. In June, we are going to discuss an attack on Iran. That's what, 4ish months away? That's plenty of time to get your reservists in shape, start recruiting new recruits, practicing drills with your full time soldiers, manufacture ammunition, upgrade some tanks jets etc for a potential conflict on Iran's side of the fence. Why announce your potential plans, all they are doing is securing Iranian moral in defending themselves by making statements like these.

It's been over a year now Israel has been making claims such as this, with a proxy threat from the US behind it. What do you really think making statements like this does? Are they attempting to scare Iran into submission? If they don't have any other choice but to fight what do you think they will do? Even a rat will try to fight/bite a person 10 times it's size when you back it into a corner. The only difference here is Iran is a little bigger than a rat. Their guns fire real bullets, their bombs and missiles also explode. I honestly do not know who will win, but I know there will be large amounts of casualties on all sides of this conflict if it erupts.

It just seems silly to tell your enemy you're gonna attack soon, if part of the success in all this will be Iran not knowing the attack is coming. You have "sneak" in to destroy air defenses, if you don't have any air superiority your tanks would also have to sneak in with a saturation attack or roll into a trap, or pesky minefields, you can't march troops into a trap either. Iran also has Ballistic missiles capable of getting by Israeli Anti-missile defenses. There are so many factors here it's scary. To do this right, it has to be precise and swift. Announcing your plan to invade to the world is just bad form.

Not to mention, at what point does the "preemptive strike" become a viable option for Iran? If Israel and the US keep boasting, when is Iran justified in Launching their Ballistic missiles at Israel. Israel is a pretty small nation, Iran possesses enough Large modern missiles to carpet bomb the ever living crap out of Israel at the push of a button. Before you get all Iron dome on my butt, remember the Gazan garbage 12kg warhead rockets that made it past those defenses? Iran has Ballistic missiles with warheads in the order of thousands of kilos of explosives, cluster warheads, chemical warheads, advanced guidance systems(gaza rockets were point and pray.) and they travel at super sonic speeds. We all loved to watch the videos of the recent gaza conflict of a Gazan rocket hanging in the sky, being met with 6 or 7 Israeli Iron dome rockets to shoot it down.

What is Israel going to do when Iranian Rockets block out the sun? Even if they shoot some of them down, what about the 2000lb bomb that hits the target it was intended to? Military targets, logistical targets, anti-air sites, anti-missile sites, bases. It's not going to bode well. Even with US help, they are more likely to protect their vessels and bases first Israel has nukes, to what degree I'm not aware, but do any of you think they won't use them when hell rains down on their city? A nuke being used anywhere today poses serious consequences with the larger nuclear powers in the world. This is scary #, and I really don't think Israel has the restraint not to use them once this kicks off.

Iran is not Iraq, nor is it Libya. Iran knows about Israels intentions, and at the first sign of aggression I'm certain they are going to respond viciously.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:58 PM
    link   
    Obama does not have the nads for such a threat and the Iranians know it. Tough guy Obama will just get laughed off the podium...

Obama needs someone else to make the threat for him.. All the while, Obama will stand in the shadows saying yeah yeah yeah let's get em'.

Imagine Obama in the role of Chester the dog

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:12 PM
    link   
    Barry and Benny are making the move finally huh? Doubtful.

I kind of find it funny how a Israeli news source put this out and not Western MSM... I'm gonna go with saber rattling and good ol' Israeli propaganda.

Why would they announce a strike on them and give them this much time to prepare, seems pretty dumb to me...

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:15 PM
    link   

Originally posted by jibeho
    Obama does not have the nads for such a threat and the Iranians know it. Tough guy Obama will just get laughed off the podium...

Obama needs someone else to make the threat for him.. All the while, Obama will stand in the shadows saying yeah yeah yeah let's get em'.

Imagine Obama in the role of Chester the dog

Doesn't have the nads? What has obama been doing for the past 4.5 years? Attacking nations in the middle east? I guess you support israel come rain or shine. Netanyahu even said romney was their man just after the previous election finished.

Obama should not give netanyahu the time of day, until netanyahu and his evil religious government get their act straight and stop trying to fool everyone. I have no problem with jews living in israel/palestine but their apartheid policies and continous deceiptful rhetoric should make anyone sick. i have read plenty of jews who hate zionism(a jewish state called israel). It is about control for them and subjugating the opposition.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:18 PM
    link   
    reply to post by yoursteppingonmytoes

Honestly I have absolutely nothing against Israel, but what I am seeing in this situation is a kind of tactic I've seen kids use. Two kids are always bickering back and forth; they really want to get in a fight but both are afraid of getting in trouble if they throw the first punch- so they start trying to bait each other into throwing the first punch. Iran's leaders talk about wiping Israel off the map and claim they are using nuclear material for "energy production only" while insinuating it is for nefarious purposes. Israel taunts back with public displays of war preparations and by saying that the US is in talks with them to attack Iran. Back and forth the taunting goes until one day one of them finally throws the first punch. Iran will drag their allies into it and Israel will drag theirs, and the next thing you know it will be a schoolyard brawl. When all is said and done who will get the blame for starting it all? Whichever kid threw the first punch.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join