It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of all the Jesus and God threads.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
wait....
can you please tell me who god or this jebus dude you speak of is?

excuse my sarcasm, i don't mean to insult anyone here but, religion is as fictional as santa. god is just a concept.
i consider myself an ANTITHEIST so, nothing annoys me more than religious or "god" threads.

S and F for you OP

edit: except this on

edit on 1-3-2013 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld
wait....
can you please tell me who god or this jebus dude you speak of is?

excuse my sarcasm, i don't mean to insult anyone here but, religion is as fictional as santa. god is just a concept.
i consider myself an ANTITHEIST so, nothing annoys me more than religious or "god" threads.

S and F for you OP

edit: except this on

edit on 1-3-2013 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

Oh yes, a can of diet coke just appeared in the sky and descended perfectly made, wafer thin aluminum, labeling correctly exactly 7.5 ounces. One hundred calories, carbohydrates/sugars, all by chance, zero intelligent design, no evidence of any creator here, move along, problem solved, we can't believe that far out lunatic fringe stuff, we are: the atheists: friendly family folk that think our lives are carefree and blissful nonsense.

edit on 1-3-2013 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

I say we all go to a christian website and bombard their threads with our thoughts!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

It's all how you take it. I'd say you are lucky not being an athiest living in the Middle East where they will rub it in even more (I assume). Being a follower of Jesus means to inform people of Him. Sure it may be annoying as of the 50th time you see that kind of thread, but people have to follow their beliefs. Many people have different beliefs and may not want to share them because they think they sound crazy to people, but the Bible and many other books say to share the message.

To each their own is just a contradiction, because Christians are doing their own by sharing it.
Idk why I decided to type this, but I guess I just did.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TobyG3

People try to spread the word in different ways. Some get righteously angry that others don't understand and don't have a will to search for God to solve all their problems.
As Jesus said, "Be peaceful as a dove, shrewed as a serpent."
Jesus never forced it on anyone, he only taught, and that is how many should approach athiests, because arguments and quarrels will lead no where and only two angry people.

God said not everyone is going to enter the Kingdom, so just spread the word wisely brothers and sisters. Don't settle in disputes.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I became a believer, not in Jesus Christ as God's son but in a Supreme Creator as consciousness itself of which all of us are a part of after reflecting upon what it means to exist and what reality and consciousness really is reflecting upon theories such as the string theory, multi-and higher dimensional theories and the evolution theory based on natural selection and what the ultimate goal of it would hypothetically be.

However, I am not waiting or putting my life in someone elses hands praying for the reincarnation of an ancient spirit to appear and save humanity from certain annihilation all by itself.
I'd rather theorize that a higher state of consciousness, which can be called christ consciousness if one wish to, can be accessed by anyone aware of what is going on and I will not remain in ignorace hoping someone else will save the world for me but do my best to make a change myself. However insignificant impact on the world I may have in the end. At least, I am conscious of my own and other beings existence and value life as something sacred not to be defiled by personal material desires, lust of power and greed and I intend to change my reality by accepting this as reality itself, aware of the fact that this is a manifestation of my own and others conscience and the only way to make the world a better place is to start with yourself.

God is not a bearded man in the Heavens who is all knowing and all mighty.
God is the universal consciousness of which we all are a part of and if one wish God to treat you well, one must treat oneself by the same principles as one would expect from God because consciousness is within us all, as true as you are reading this right now.

Ancient tradition and contradictory science is ignorant and irrelevant. The only tradition, which also is the most ancient one in Human history is Humanitism itself.

And if one wish to see or hear examples of this heightened state of awareness one need only read the profound wisdom found in people such as Dalai Lama, Albert Einstein, Jacque Fresco and Buddha for example.

Please excuse the rant but I am quite tired of seeing both religious followers and atheists ignorantly going at each other as if the world on which we all live on won't affect them both. It is utter idiocy.
Put this "ish" aside, both sides and educate yourself in both fields and reach a common understanding.
Learn history through archeology and religion, future through science and maintaining a world view instead of a local one and gain wisdom by applying all of these into your reality. It is quite simple and enlightening.

I did not expect to find such ignorance on ATS.
If Jesus is going to save us all, great but how nice of you to just stand there and watch him to all the hard work.
If we are supposed to die of a natural disaster of WW3, not so good but it hasn't happened yet but why in Jesus Darwin Christs name are you just standing there waiting for it to happen so that you can say "I told you so"?

This should be posted in the threads you mention as well OP for it does not only apply to you but all of us.

edit on 1-3-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The thing is, if people could learn to separate Jesus from God, or religion from God, I'd have no issue with it. But these people that think that man made religion is forever tied to the creator of the universe need to just stop.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

Indeed, I consider religion to be a good altenative source of historical events which can be studied along with archeology. Science is attempting to break down reality into lessand less dense forms but for me, I presume we will eventually hit a dead end where science will try to explain the nature of infinity, like, where and when did it begin?
The only thing I find worth even reflecting upon is where did we come from here and where are we going as a species in infinity.

And I am just an uneducated industrial worker. Simply tired of the narrow mindedness of the majoity of people around me who fail to see the bigger picture.
What I am most worried about is not my own future but the future of my children and later generations, because looking at the world from a predictorary point of view, we are indeed de-evolving consciously while evolvinh technologically. It doesn't add upp very well.

Much love to ATS though. It is a truly enlightening site thanks to all the different views and opponions pouring into it.
edit on 1-3-2013 by ABeing because: Typos

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I share your frustration, but the same can be said of all the new-age mysticism and ghosts - ooooo rubbish that pervades the aliens and UFO forums.
I've seen UFO orbs. I know aliens exist: don't bring this multidimensional or life after death crap into it.
We need scientific analysis.
There are 3 dimensions + time. There is no god, there is no afterlife, no souls or spirits.

Aliens evolved on other planets just like we evolved on Earth.
They may have seeded Earth with microbial life and may have done some genetic engineering at some point in our history.

That's it rant over. Now let us get on try and understand them and their interest in us.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

Agreed, before any further scientific proof of life after death and the paranormal/supernatural has been discovered there is no point in discussing it further, albeit I do believe in life after death but not a conscious one at that but rather the energy one's consciousness consists of simply returning back to its source. Be it infinite consciousness embodying all of existence or simply back into non conscious energy particles.

On the subject regarding spirit and soul it is important to note that there is a distinction between the two. Spirit is either emotion in some cases or a conscious non material consciousness.
The soul however is often described as your consciousness, call it what you want but you are not ignorant of your own existence now are you?

But as stated of both you and me, the arguments going on between the religious groups and atheist ideologists must end in order for our species to progress and for us to have a chance of creating a better world to inhabit.
On the subject of me being a new age propogandist I must agree and state that I am proud of having a new age ideology based on old age archeological and scientific studies and discoveries and to be focused on Mankinds future as a species, predicting that if the global society and its population continues to plummet down into utter idiocy, ignorant and nonchalant of our own intelligence and unconscious of the phenomenon of cause and effect we will either get annihilated from an outer worldy source, be it an asteroid, solar flare or alien invasion or become even more stupid and selfcentered than we already are and destroy ourselves in global war by biological or nuclear warfare. That is, if nobody makes a conscious effort to change the course of our evolution, or should I say de-evolution.

The new age movement consists of intelligent as well as idiotic members but the same can be stated about the old age religious followers and old age atheists awaiting evidence of their claims that either was correct.
If you are concerned about humanity and the future of your children and consciously make any kind of attempt to make a difference you are inherently following the new age movement in the hopes of making the world a better place.
As you said, the universe consists of three dimensions plus time.

Whether you wish to call it new age or simply a better world ideology, what is important is not the category in which you put yourself but that you care for the future of Humanity.

Rant and argument officially done. Is it not?
edit on 1-3-2013 by ABeing because: Typos

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
yes!

Good rant by the way

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Nettlas

I am so tired of all the Jesus and God threads.

What, all the one's in the 'Religion, Faith and Theology' Forum?

It's always been a busy Forum, well at least as long as I've been visiting ATS.

If you don't want to read them simply don't read them - work's for me.
Can't expect everyone to be interested in the same things - the diversity of topics is one of this site's attractions.

Famous last words.
Try ignoring termites.
The religious threads might be twenty percent of the content, a year later 70%.
Sooner or later 100%. Try ignoring it then.
Religion is all these people think about, they are desperate to get you to believe, to "save" you
from going to "hell" simply because you need inconvient things like facts before you commite your life to
something, while they give less scrutiny to their belief than they would to buying a car.
A single diety created the universe?
When you hold your thumb up to any point in the sky, any point, it is covering up seven MILLION galaxies,
not stars, GALAXIES, each with billions of stars, probably millions (at least) of inhabited planets.
In comparison, our planet is not a stone covered with moss, not even a molecule covered with a virus.
More likely some holy man figured out how to gvet out of work by telling people what they want to hear...they won't die.
Atheism requires as much faith, BTW, which is why I am agnostic, because, in the end, there is no way of knowing, one way or the other.
But at least atheists leave others alone, mostly.
I grew up in a fundalmentalist church, and have been around others.
And religious people are overbearing, to say the least

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthmuffin33
reply to post by Nettlas

I say we all go to a christian website and bombard their threads with our thoughts!!!!

That is ALL you do here...in 2 years you have only responded to threads without ever adding anything of your own.

What makes you (and others with this mindset) so special to think you are the only one who can speak thier mind?

Judge not...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

There were very few topics about... Since I am here... I have read somewhere that sarcofag with J. C. have been found in Israel... True?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by steven2977

Well spoken. It is enlightening to read your views on reality as it is sound for the mind.
I keep coming back to "nothing is Nothing, thus it is always something" and that has led me to believe that the Universe is a consciousness and the simple thought of nothing was the spark of everything and infinity as it is an infinite revelation in itself. One cannot find a point in infinity where and when it began and that is the beauty of existence; realizing one cannot infinitely embark on a quest of finding the beginning of always thus it is a better idea to simply acknowledge and accept it and let infinity and yourself be infinitely.

However, applying this theory of an infinite thought of which we all are thoughts of makes life quite interesting and gives awareness of existence a new meaning and adds a new dimension to the consciousn reality which many describe as a spiritual awakening. I simply call it the "infinite consciousness realization". Has a nice ring to it, haha.

On topic though, I wish not only religious followers but everyone the best of kind regards but I pray (to infinity I guess) that one day, we might overcome these dogmas and find a common goal as one people to consciously try to effect evolution by creating a harmonious way of living benefitial to everyone as well as possible.

Imagine the genius offspring that would start appearing after a few generations! :-)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

And yet...you made such a thread....

No worries...they'll either fall off the page soon, or end up moved to an appropriate forum...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
With time comes perspective.

ATS was always this way.

I've seen many a lovely thread on some scientific issue degenerate in some religious wailing.

I just don't engage them.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Some of the topics are going to be addressed scripturally on here considering that conspiracies and and aliens tie into this. The goals of Rosicrucian, Rothschilds, the Illuminati has been about corrupting Christianity. And that's why you got people thinking that Christianity is a "copycat" religion, because the Catholics infiltrated pagan ideology into Christianity back in the day. That's also the spawn of some of these alien stories and so forth, and a lot of new-age deceit going on.

edit on 1-3-2013 by NeonZebraSelah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NeonZebraSelah

Indeed, to understand the nature of anything in need of reflecting upon one must consider everyhing that is, not just the a single dot on the bigger picture.
I found that the best way for me to come to an acceptable understanding of the reality of anything was to study the subject extensively, tracing the origins of the matter at hand as far back as possible and acknowledging the fact that all that is present has been victim to external and internal influence and agenda over the course of time since its first appereance. One simply cannot come to any conclusions or sustainable theories by scratching the surface of any question. To get to the bottom if things one must dig.

To me, it is apparent that the reality of our existence in its entirety has been twisted and rearanged for thousands of years. I consider religious texts to be means of further proving or disproving discoveries of archeology as well as science regarding existence and the existence of spirituality (or whatever one wish to call it) by the profound wisdom found throughout the texts. I do not follow any specific religion nor am I an aetheist, I simply dug deep into the studies of history, origins of Mankind, the nature of existence and reality of reality which only led me to the conclusion that here I am in the midst of a seemingly impossible reality, a subject of evolution, the strive for perfection and harmony and I am to believe it does not have a purpose?
And if one accept the possibility that existence and evolution indeed does have a purpose, by who was it purposed in the first place? The answer for me is, whatever one may call it; God, the Creator, Alpha and Omega, the Supreme Being or Supreme Consiousness or simply the Existence of Existence and simply the Thought of nothing and revelation that nothing is never nothing but always something.

So hard to explain haha, please excuse my feeble attempt to explain my beliefs. In the end, infinity and existence of evolution and existence itself was the ultimate eye opener for me.

I am however an agnostic, accepting that I may never know nor understand the reality of reality but I can not ignore that existence and evolution seem to have a purpose, be it divine or circumstantial.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

Look at it this way, the GREATEST conspiracy every perpetrated on the entire human race is the god fallacy. This conspiracy has caused wars and brainwashed billions of otherwise rational people. So, when you see a religious thread that seems only to offer a light chat on a god, you get to see just how pervasive the god fallacy has become. You get to see just how twisted their thoughts are even though they remain firm in their belief that they are making complete sense.

It's both tragic and mind-blowing at the same time.

edit on 3/2/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join