It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of all the Jesus and God threads.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TobyG3

Okay, now you can be impressed as I am talking about YOU now here. I could not resist. You said "Therefore, if a Christian DOES want to speak up and get something heard, they have to PUSH. because they are pushing through a TEN FOLD FORCE." Well dear sir, I think most Christians don't think that, and non-christians find it offensive. Do you really think you are saving people with your know-it-all extremism? I don't think so, no one can be that out of touch, can they?... But I degress, to support my point, I'm not going to do any bible quotes here, but if one searches Google for "how to share the good news" your not going to find any good support for your pushy methods. But charge on, as I'm sure I will continue to find your act most amusing.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

Hi, thanks for the reply. I do read the religion conspiracy threads. As I am very fond of reading all that has to do with conspiracy. The threads I am targeting in my rant is not those threads but the dead end threads that leads to nowhere and only clutters the board with religious trolls.

I know Christianity is from the beging (if you belive Jesus existed at all) a loving religion. A religion that talks about eternal love for everyone, EVERYONE, and light. Well that was (supposedly) 2000 years ago. Fast forward to today, and you get ATS. This is what Christianity has become for MANY. Many christians today are so full of hate, they hate homosexual, they hate people of other religion, people how talks back at them, people who is pro abortion (the last not being exclusive to christianity) and the list goes on.

IF Jesus existed, and was alive today, went to ATS nad spent a few hours here, he would face palm himself so hard.

edit on 28-2-2013 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You don't agree with people posting about Jesus... ok... religion? God? creationism? are all these acceptable. They all probably fall into or begin a debate about each other in the responses. So i don't see any problem with it.

If posts about religion etc are on the main page it's because they are popular and probably have a healthy debate going on in the responses. I have no idea how that's a bad thing. If you want to read mystery, conspiracies and other posts of a similar nature, do so! Does it really harm you that much seeing the name Jesus on the home page?

Each to their own i guess! ATS has a wide audience and a wide range of topics as im sure you're aware. Some posts/topics just appeal to more people than others
edit on 28-2-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes, he did you a big favor. Many so called Christians will spend many years before they find stuff in the bible that's too hard to swallow and then they leave the church (as I did) or they stay and continue the deceptions by ignoring those parts. What a waste of time. Most churches won't even teach those uncomfortable topics, you have to look for yourself. For example, see what that bible says about divorce and see if you agree with all that. I know some divorced Christians that don't want to hear those passages... Also, check out the movie The Rapture (1991), it covers your scenario about Christianity, family and God's judgment. Funny how this movie offends so many Christians, being that it's based on a very basic biblical teaching. I wish there was more movies like this.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

I hope reading all the responses to your thread gave you a good chuckle and cheered you up a bit. People's whacked out views on religion and God are always good for a laugh, as long as you don't take them too seriously!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
reply to post by Nettlas

I hope reading all the responses to your thread gave you a good chuckle and cheered you up a bit. People's whacked out views on religion and God are always good for a laugh, as long as you don't take them too seriously!

Well some yes, but I want to be clear. I didn´t rant just to get me some laughing materials. But again, some replies are ace!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
As long as one belives he/she is doing God's work, he/she is completely absolved of all responsibility. There's nothing more difficult to derail than the self righteous - just look at the GOP Congress. How many of there bills last year were all about abortion? How many of those same types of bills are pending right now, sponsored by members of this current Congress? It's all about 'JOBS, JOBS, JOBS', right? Wrong !! It's all about doing what the individual belives is his/her calling. If these zealots feel so strongly about preaching, get out of politics, and get behind an alter. There's no such thing as seperation of church and state anymore. Apparently THAT section of the Constitution is worthy of ignoring.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Mostly, as I said, because those threads clutter the board (in my opinion) and I don´t see the point in spreading "the word of Jesus/God" on a conspiracy forum. That is why I`m tired of seeing these threads take up space.

Originally posted by Nettlas

Mostly, as I said, because those threads clutter the board (in my opinion) and I don´t see the point in spreading "the word of Jesus/God" on a conspiracy forum. That is why I`m tired of seeing these threads take up space.

I have never said that you aren`t allowed to belive in what you want, of course you are! You can belive all you wan`t, I don`t care about that. But I think, as well as others on this "thread" is that you don´t have to infect other non-related to Jesus/God threads with your preaching about the bible. And anti-homosexual drivel. That is just sick.

I Don`t think that has any place on a conspiracy site.

Now, I know there is a forum dedicated to religion in a non-conspiracy way (which for me is just wierd) and by the "rules" of this site you are freely allowed to write there. But, with to obviously growing number of christian members on this site and the religion threads being allowed to show up on the "New topic flow" (as stated by a poster here) it is getting pretty tedious to watch all those threads. They are getting more popularity than the real "conspiracy threads", and for a site that deals with mainly conspiracy AND has the slogan "deny ignorance" it is pretty sad actually.

Well, the new kid in town demands we do it his way.
'Things weren't like this a year back and more?'
Er.....let's just check your registration at ATS a second there.

Hmmm....new kid says it's all a new trend, pisses him off and he doesn't like using his index finger to scroll down through the topic options with his mouse to find something he wants to.
Maybe the increase in these threads can be viewed as a progressive trend discussed by religious and non religious alike. People see religion as a tool to control and manipulate the masses.
How is such an idealogy NOT OPEN TO CONSPIRACY?
Well, to be fair the kid has been here 7 months.

Guess we better show him the resepct his acute perceptions deserve.

If you don't like the programme, change channels.
Or switch off

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by TobyG3

Hi Toby. I have never said anything bad about the Christian religion. All I have said is that I´m tired of the religious threads on ATS. I don´t have any problem with what people belives, I do however have a problem with the growing number of "Jesus/God loves me" threads.

You really have not been paying attention to some of the content of these RFT threads. You might be surprised at how little some of the "thumpers" are getting away with their arguements.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I don`t click them read last post on page 2. Well the rant forum is for tantrum. I don´t click the religious threads, so why do you have to click this thread? I knoiw what I´m gonna get when i click a religious thread so I don`t, you knew what you would get when you clicked this one and still you did it, and must now preach to me. Sorry, I don`t buy it.
reply to post by Nettlas

Well, if you NEVER click and read then you have no idea what the threads are like from one to another. This tantrum then has no leg to stand on. In your op you act as if you have been in them and what they entail, so which is it?

I knew it was a rant/tantrum and I clicked on it because I wanted to. This is a forum whereas I can be in any I choose to be.... and guess what ...I chose to give it right back to ya. Your OP is not considered preaching.... but to some maybe it is. I know I am not preaching to you. I am simply telling you that if you do not choose to go into a thread because of lack of interest.... why whine about it. There are many I choose not to be a part of, that sometimes take over the forum from one day to the next. I don't create a rant to whine about it though.

There is sooo much in this world to whine about... but this... I don't know whether to call it silly or funny.

I will go with funny.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood

I have never said that you aren`t allowed to belive in what you want, of course you are! You can belive all you wan`t, I don`t care about that. But I think, as well as others on this "thread" is that you don´t have to infect other non-related to Jesus/God threads with your preaching about the bible. And anti-homosexual drivel. That is just sick.

I Don`t think that has any place on a conspiracy site.

Now, I know there is a forum dedicated to religion in a non-conspiracy way (which for me is just wierd) and by the "rules" of this site you are freely allowed to write there. But, with to obviously growing number of christian members on this site and the religion threads being allowed to show up on the "New topic flow" (as stated by a poster here) it is getting pretty tedious to watch all those threads. They are getting more popularity than the real "conspiracy threads", and for a site that deals with mainly conspiracy AND has the slogan "deny ignorance" it is pretty sad actually.

Well, the new kid in town demands we do it his way.
'Things weren't like this a year back and more?'
Er.....let's just check your registration at ATS a second there.

Hmmm....new kid says it's all a new trend, pisses him off and he doesn't like using his index finger to scroll down through the topic options with his mouse to find something he wants to.
Maybe the increase in these threads can be viewed as a progressive trend discussed by religious and non religious alike. People see religion as a tool to control and manipulate the masses.
How is such an idealogy NOT OPEN TO CONSPIRACY?
Well, to be fair the kid has been here 7 months.

Guess we better show him the resepct his acute perceptions deserve.

If you don't like the programme, change channels.
Or switch off

Well, if YOU wern´t so lazy, YOU could have used YOURE indexfinger and scrolled and clicked you way thru the thread and read all post before you post. Then maybe you would have spot this little goldnugget.

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Nettlas

You registered in 2012 how can you claim ATS wasn't like this before. It has always been like this, that is why there is a religion forum. If you don't like it don't read it.

That is true. All I have to say to that is so? Did you sign up the first time you visited ATS? Maybe so, but I didn`t.
I might have been here 1 year before I signed up, maybe 5, or more...How long anyone has been a member of ATS isn´t equal to how long he/she has been visting ATS.

edit on 28-2-2013 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I know how the OP feels. I've loved this site for years, but recently there does seem to be a lot of nonsense religious threads. Just before this thread went up I was thinking along the same lines as the thread title.

This is ATS, a place where we discuss news, current events, conspiracies, and DENY IGNORANCE. It is no place for random religious discussion, which goes along the lines of....

"Jesus is amazing, he loves you"
"Thanks op, he loves you too. S+F"

Isn't the only religious forum titled conspiracy in religion? That's all I want to hear about it and the more substance less threads there are clogging up the home page, the less real stories/conspiracies actually get out to the public who access the site.

Down with this sort of thing I say
Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

I think this thread is well overdue OP. Thanks for saying what many of us are thinking.

I reckon there is a compromise though. Any religious chat that isn't in 'Conspiracy in Religion' territory surely belongs in general chit chat. I propose that general chit chat threads not appear on the home page or the fire hoses.

Sound good? I just want ATS to go back to being the wealth of fascination it once was.
Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
reply to post by Nettlas

I think this thread is well overdue OP. Thanks for saying what many of us are thinking.

I reckon there is a compromise though. Any religious chat that isn't in 'Conspiracy in Religion' territory surely belongs in general chit chat. I propose that general chit chat threads not appear on the home page or the fire hoses.

Sound good? I just want ATS to go back to being the wealth of fascination it once was.
Peace

I`m 100% with you on that! Thanks, and yes, I will leave this thread now. Maybe just come back for a little look

Take care.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Isn't the only religious forum titled conspiracy in religion?

No, there's also "Religion, faith, and Theology", where the rubric says "Discuss all things spiritual and share your own faith-based experiences". If that's what they're doing, in that forum, you can't fault them.

Also "Predictions and Prophecies" is for the discussion of published predictions (not personal ones, strictly speaking), including "ancient prophecies". Revelation and Daniel are ancient prophecies, for example, so they get discussed in that forum as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I do have some sympathy with the Op but we all have our favourite topics on ATS and many of us probably think that our favourite topic doesn't come up often enough.

I do think though it is fair game if someone posts in the appropriate board "God is brilliant " or "God does not exist" (not taking sides here) for all Christians, Moslems, Buddhists, Atheists and Agnostics to pile in (while respecting their fellow ATSers)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Toby G3, I only wish I was as good an orator as you, you have a gift. I follow along with all you say and agree in entirety. But believers will never be received well, weren't the prophets scorned also. You out there.....It's by Grace that one is saved, and not by any works. Christians will turn a cheek, they will suffer all manner of evil intentions of others, and their Faith will give them solace even if their lives are required. But atheists will never have the faith to know that, or go beyond faith and know. Thats part of the difference, knowing just as surely as you breathe.

Just remember one thing when you die, you could have had it all but pride got in the way.... what is 'Mans' knowledge but folly and fleeting.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Personally, I like that so many Christians make threads like those you mention in your OP.

If you huddled all the fundamentalists into a Christian forum, they would never hear legitimate debate from those who believe differently.

The theme of ATS is deny ignorance, and mainstream Christianity is incredibly ignorant and incredibly prevalent. In order to move forward as a society, religious indoctrination and arrogantly defended false beliefs must be battled with compassionate, reasoned discourse.

If you want to fight ignorance you have to use truth, not suppression.
edit on 28-2-2013 by ddaniel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Pfft, there are plenty of places you can go to avoid Christ, take your pick. I prefer to read about it, don't like living under the rock called the lamestream media.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Turn the page! Go turn on the tv, it's loaded with anti christian, anti human filth. Problem solved

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join