It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of all the Jesus and God threads.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why is ATS being bombarded by these threads about Jesus and God, and not like in a conspiracy way. They just disscuss Christianity cassualy. ATS wasn´t like this a year ago and back. The "new topic/popular topics" are flooded by these threads. Can´t you find a forum that is devoted only to Christianity. This is Above Top Secret, and you disscuss topics like "why I love Jesus" "Jesus is my savior, and this is why". I mean comeon.

I can take it if it was a thread about the subject once in a while but it is like every second thread is about Jesus.
This site is becoming more and more boring and it is drifting away from what it once was. If the trend keeps going this site will be an all Christian forum in a year or two.

I want to read about Top secret cool stuff that goes under the the label "Above top secret"

I´m sorry, I have a fever and just wanted to let go of some steam.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Nettlas because: more rant

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Being emotional is part of being human -- Jesus understands. He loves you despite. He died so that you could consume Big Macs and trash talk the son of God on ATS. Now go read your bible sinner!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Then dont subscribe to them....I dont prefer alien threads, so I do not click them.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Pray for them to disappear

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

I'm with you to a point.... There IS a religious section to the forum, and I'd prefer that those threads stay neatly in there, where like minded people can pat each other on the back without the nuisance of having to convert the rest of us to their belief system, or lack there of.

That said, as long as the threads are useful and in the right place, I don't care how many Jesus Saves threads there are, sure, at times it feels overwhelming to those of us who don't give a crap, but we're all here for the same reasons at the core.

i'm tired right there with you, but I'd punch a brother in the face to protect their rights to voice their opinions here.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

edit on 27/2/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Seriously it's a pain in the butt, and it's not getting less anytime soon.

See I've got no problem if anyone believes in the moon-man, mermaids or Rapunzel, but what about the constant need to rub your beliefs into other peoples faces. I don't rub into these peoples faces either that I think all religious fanatics belong into the looney bin.

I'm all for establishing two subdomains like "politics.ats.com" and "religion.ats.com" and let this domain return to its roots, which is conspiracy and E.T. related content.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

ATS wasn´t like this a year ago and back.

What!?
Of course it was. I was here, and participated in several of those threads. What I get tired of, is seeing threads about topics people are tired of. As the poster above me said: Don't like'em, don't look at them." That's what I do.

I'm glad the staff doesn't try to cater to every whim the membership here has. They wouldn't have a viable business left.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You're so tired of them yet you created one

Just messing but seriously there are a lot of threads I hate to see and I don't click on them. If I'm not interested then it's no bother to me. I personally like the Nibiru threads

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, there does seem to be a lot more recent

"Look at me I'm so happy and god loves you too!" threads that do nothing but let everyone know how awesome jesus was..

they're annoying.

Not so much a discussion as a comment on their own faith and some wishy washy nonsense about how groovy it is to worship imaginary things.

Funny, you can't discuss any other topics that have such a delusional affect on the mind.. hrmph.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nettlas
I can take it if it was a thread about the subject once in a while but it is like every second thread is about Jesus.
This site is becoming more and more boring and it is drifting away from what it once was. If the trend keeps going this site will be an all Christian forum in a year or two.

"Every second thread is about Jesus"? Really? I just did a quick look at the last fifty threads posted. The only one mentioning Jesus----is yours.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Words of wisdom, star for you.

Op, I understand your stance, I am one that rolls their eyes every time one of them starts with the jesus loves you, and believes in you, wether you believe in him or not. I cant help it, it is like talking to an adult that still believes a fat guy in a red coat can squeeze down your chimney, despite the fact even a small child woikd havena probkem most of the time.

Though, I will not deny them their right to believe. And speak as they wish, I just dont click on the links, best advice I have to give ya.

S nf op.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

Didn't you get the memo. Because we all need saving. Fanatics feel it's their life's goal to bring us all to the flock.

They are using the new flock gathering tool...the internet....

I even had one fanatic tell me, Jesus doesn't like my avatar.....

Des

edit on 27-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

My avvy is smitten by your avvy Des but then you knew that

But to the OP if you don't like it don't go to that forum or read that thread.
Well duh

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
They are using the new flock gathering tool...the internet....

The new flock stocker 2000. Get it now and we will throw in a free sheeple magnet! Stocks are limited.

-why does my brain instantly turn everything into a infomercial-

Jesus doesn't like my avatar..

Jesus loves my avatar..everyone loves my avatar. Who doesn't like a robot with a flashlight for a head.

Your avatar is clearly the avatar of a sinner...sinner! Maybe try a robot with a flashlight for a head...or how about a flashlight with a robot for a body...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

You say something has changed.
That is true, and I'll tell you what it is.

A few years back, ATS had an area called "Below Top Secret", with a number of distinct forums, including the "Theology etc" forum.
This had threads on Jesus and God, but nobody saw them unless they made a special point of entering the Theology sub-forum.
Then, in 2010, this area became "Off-topic" and got its own Recent Posts page.
This meant that all the Theology threads suddenly became visible to everybody who visited "Off-topic".
That included a lot of people who don't like Jesus and God, and began complaining that Jesus and God threads had suddenly become more common.
This was not really true- it was just that the threads which were always there had become more visible.
(Admittedly the visibility itself may have generated more activity, but a lot of this has come from the people who don't like Jesus and God, because they began writing lots of anti-Jesus and anti-God threads)

You think we should go to a special "religions" forum?
We do.
It is called the "Theology etc" sub-forum of ATS, which is specifically designed for the discussion of religious topics. (I will lose what I've written if I try to check the exact name, but you know what I mean).
As long as Theology topics are being posted in the Theology sub-forum, you've got nothing to complain about.
If you don't like them, do as I do with "computer games" threads. Don't look at them

I should warn you that I am one of the people who have been writing "Jesus and God" threads, and I intend to write a lot more.
Just before Christmas, I finished a systematic series on the epistle of James.
Starting in June, I think, there will be a systematic series on one of the books of the Old Testament, which will take us down to next Christmas.
Look forward to seeing you.

edit on 27-2-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm with you man. Ignore those nitpicking your generalizations. I've been here since 2007 and there has been a marked increase in the amount of Thumpers in here the last few years. I have no problem with respecting the beliefs of others. I will defend to the death your right to believe in whatever nonsense you want. But the people who use scripture to try to prove their theories, conspiracy or otherwise, make me absolutely insane. If I see one more post about "historical proof of the existance of Jesus" I may just spontangeously combust. But the worst, by far, are the Christians starting Muslim hate/bashing threads. There's nothing that makes me feel dirtier than having to defend one member of a goat-herder religion against another sect of the same goat herder religion. I wanna knock their heads together and tell them to grow up.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Me 2.

I'm that tired of it, I'll leave it at that.

S&F

edit on 27-2-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nettlas
I want to read about Top secret cool stuff that goes under the the label "Above top secret"

Some are more interested in the TRUTH than they are "cool stuff".

The truth is NEVER cool but it's still the truth.

FYI: God hates religion also...

Religion and truth have NOTHING in common.

The agenda behind religion is to keep the truth HIDDEN.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

thats his point. no one on here wants to hear your religious drivel. Maybe if it had something to do with conspiracy or alternate history, but no it doesn't. It seems the church is always tryin to jump property lines and come inside my home! aahhhh Religious type people can often intrude and be offensive in my opinion, they are like animated mirrors of what they were TOLD. guess what i was told ... (inserts curse word synonym for shut up)

The conspiracy with regards to religion has less to do with god and more to do with molestation...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join