It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it really take for Ufos of human(government)/or alien origin to be proven real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I' m just curious to see as to how skeptics would be proven or better term, convinced of actual advanced vehicles flying around in our atmosphere. Don't really care to read about them being alien or terrestrial origin, but again Im just a bit curious as to what would it take.

Personally I think video footage is somewhat of a double edge sword when it come to this. Many people will argue whether or not if it actually real. There are some videos that will show a group of people actually seeing a ufo like the one in Isreal a year or two ago, while others just show an object with no reaction what so ever. They could the real deal, or it could be cgi.

I believe the only actual proof would be a mass sighting of some kind. Like more then two or three groups of people from different parts of a region seeing the same thing, would be sufficient enough. Much more so then one eye witness.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

An actual arrival all across the globe at the same time. That is the only way it will be proved.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have seen a whole UFO fleet myself but even before that i was already a believer.
For the skeptics i think they would only believe it if the government acknowledged it. And for the conspiracy theorists skeptics > ATS i think they would only believe in it if they actually saw an alien in person.
And about the Mass sighting... People would probably say: naaaw that's just the military doing a new excersize

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What would it take for me to believe UFO's and Aliens are here? Well something like this:-

www.youtube.com...

A Brazilian lost tribe who have never been in contact with the modern word where discovered and filmed. If they do this with Aliens i am then convinced.
Don't hold your breath though.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It will take just that, for vehicles of alien origin to be proven.

If the evidence was there, it would be impossible to deny.

It's not like a white dot in the sky is doing anything meaningful. So why do people think they are alien craft, so much?

Why do they think every single thing in the sky that *THEY* cannot explain, is a ufo?

If there were real aliens of real extra terrestrial origin, in real vehicles from another planet or dimension, with real physical attributes that can be tested, and they were here, then it'd mean a little bit more than a white dot in the sky.

And to say there are obviously alien craft here on earth because they refuse to admit it, is silly. But it's all the evidence for the case, that is provided.

What would it take to prove to you that your house is on fire? Fire, or just the inability for you to find fire anywhere?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Erm, simple they should land at the UN and say hello ! For me it makes no sense whatsoever to travel billions of miles across space, fly around and be seen and then bugger off without saying hello !

Please please please don't give me the aggressive human pitch. They have travelled billions of miles using technology much more advanced than ours and that would ensure their safety. In any case what would we do. We would observe the "natives" and note where the safe areas to land are.

If we feared for our safety we would send down a probe with a TV on it and say hello remotely ! I mean come on everyone switch the brains on. If YOU were visiting an alien world how would you make contact? You would not fly around at night equidistant from all alien cameras and phones such that each records your presence 3 pixels wide as a bright spot.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What would it really take for Ufos of human(government)/or alien origin to be proven real?

If they landed on the White House lawn & CNN reported it.

edit on 27-2-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Proof.

That stands up to independent scientific scrutiny.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
An appropriate and quite fitting (and satisfying) solution would be:

An internationally televised "Skeptics Conference", attended by all of the supporting Main Stream Media, at which a group of aliens land a craft, walk in to the keynote speech and start b!tch-slapping the skeptics upside of their heads!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You don't need the endorsement of the mainstream media or sciences to subscribe to a belief system.

So keep on believin'... hold onto that feelin'.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Unfortunately my guess is it would only have to take a press conference from the Government of a major nation. Even if they didn't have proof themselves they could sell it as they 'know' we're not alone, and they don't know the agenda of the 'insert ET moniker here'. And they know they have benevolent or malevolent intent or whatever... The point is it would most likely be accepted by the majority of people if the President of the US were to disclose this information, proof or not, true or false.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm developing software that turns one used computer and two used motorized cameras (all cheap) into a system that detects sizable daytime hovering objects then pans, tilts, zooms, and records 3D video. It can be set off by a helicopter, large balloon, or an ETC, in which case FOIA requests for U.S. Weather Bureau and FAA radar will be filed. It's complicated but coming along, The sticky part is that it will only have a good chance of catching anything if installed close to a UFO hotspot, meaning I'll have to find users that live in such places and want to do this, which won't be easy. But first I have to get it completed and tested and tweaked at home.

The system is fast and can detect a visit as brief as 2 seconds with zoomed video from two cameras plus tracking data stamped below each frame. It's a far cry from getting abducted and stealing a tricorder, but it can produce far better photographic evidence (backed up by radar data and able to stand up to scrutiny) than anything we've had so far. Will that make a difference? Ask me then.

If you want physical evidence, there should still be some scraps of graphene from the 1947 crash somewhere in the New Mexico desert covered by no more than an inch of sand. The search is an adventure waiting to happen, but you'd better find it before people figure out how to manufacture it, which is a current hot R&D goal worldwide.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

"Why do they think every single thing in the sky that *THEY* cannot explain, is a ufo?"

Because that is the very definition of a UFO.
I think you mean AFV.
We need a new term, one that deals with an Alien Flying Vehicle specifically.
The military actually has designations for these, which I cannot seem to remember right now.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Touch down of a huge craft in Bilbaak while everyone records the event on their smartphones and a being using a language distributer / interpreter speaks to the world all at once in different languages via sattalite. Only then !

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So it looks like if a saucer crashed on a freeway or right in the middle of a city, and it was on the news for hours, no skeptic would believe it was alien. They would think it was US military. And if alien bodies came out of it ~ alive or not ~ they would still think it was US military?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
I' m just curious to see as to how skeptics would be proven or better term, convinced of actual advanced vehicles flying around in our atmosphere. Don't really care to read about them being alien or terrestrial origin, but again Im just a bit curious as to what would it take.

Personally I think video footage is somewhat of a double edge sword when it come to this. Many people will argue whether or not if it actually real. There are some videos that will show a group of people actually seeing a ufo like the one in Isreal a year or two ago, while others just show an object with no reaction what so ever. They could the real deal, or it could be cgi.

I believe the only actual proof would be a mass sighting of some kind. Like more then two or three groups of people from different parts of a region seeing the same thing, would be sufficient enough. Much more so then one eye witness.

Thoughts?

it will have to happen to every body at the same time and affect them to the same degree for every one to be on the same page. we should never rely on the media to convince us of anything

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The point is it would most likely be accepted by the majority of people if the President of the US were to disclose this information, proof or not, true or false.

that would be the one I suspected the most of being fake

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by STARTRUTH49

Touch down of a huge craft in Bilbaak while everyone records the event on their smartphones and a being using a language distributer / interpreter speaks to the world all at once in different languages via sattalite. Only then !

I would prefer them showing up in person to each individual. I would not trust anything that I can't experience and interpret myself

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Contact.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Why do we need one of these threads every two weeks?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join