It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Iran's Plan B for atomic bomb ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I did a search and didn't find this, if already posted mods, please remove

It has been reported that satellite imagery has shown steam coming out of Iran's Arak facility.

What do you guys think ?

Is this Iran's Plan B for atomic bomb? Fears that plutonium plant has been 'activated' after satellite images show clouds of steam emerging from site Inspectors have been barred from Arak facility for past 18 months Images show production plant has been 'activated' experts claim Talks with international community over Iran's nuclear ambitions continue

But they said Iranian negotiators did not immediately respond to demands that Tehran closes its underground nuclear facility Fordow near the holy city of Qom, which is at the centre of their concerns. The satellite images showed the site surrounded by anti-aircraft missiles and other military.

Full Article

Cody

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So where is "Plan B". I only see a satellite picture of a nuclear enrichment facility, which might serve a legitimate purpose of creating fuel for reactors.

And what is Plan A anyway ?

Please elaborate.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Pretty sure that plan "A" is a collaborative effort with the North Koreans. I do wonder if plan "B" involves their new stealth fighter (based on a G.I. Joe toy which looks just as impressive) or maybe they plan to use their new tractor beam to capture the Millenium Falcon?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Plan A would be the enrichment facility that had the explosion Here

|f you'd bothered reading the article you'd see that this facility has been off limits to inspectors for 18 months and has started to produce steam suggesting it's been fired up to start to produce plutonium.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
under the white blocks it looks like a peace symbol. i don't know what to think now

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Is in not possible that Iran is simply trying to make electricity?

Sure, steam is coming out of this plant...but does that automatically mean they are on a nefarious path to build WMD's?

This is not specifically directed at the OP, but there are too many people that have their noses in other people's business and are too quick to assume that Iran is only looking to make weapons.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Pretty sure that plan "A" is a collaborative effort with the North Koreans.

Interesting angle

I do wonder if plan "B" involves their new stealth fighter

Pretty much sorted here

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Sure, steam is coming out of this plant...but does that automatically mean they are on a nefarious path to build WMD's?

This is not specifically directed at the OP, but there are too many people that have their noses in other people's business and are too quick to assume that Iran is only looking to make weapons.

It's a possibility

The Israeli's are 'making electricity' at Dimona as well that would explain the anti aircraft batteries

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

It's a possibility

The Israeli's are 'making electricity' at Dimona as well that would explain the anti aircraft batteries

How much electricity have we "generated" at Oak Ridge, Los Alamos, Hanford or Sandia?

I do wonder about something no one seems to be asking... maybe they have run out, or are about to run out of oil... was the trade embargo put in place as a smokescreen as there really isn't anything of value left?

How many murderous regimes has the west whole-heartedly supported because those nations had resources the west wanted? Why should Iran be any different?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150

It's a possibility

How much electricity have we "generated" at Oak Ridge, Los Alamos, Hanford or Sandia?

I do wonder about something no one seems to be asking... maybe they have run out, or are about to run out of oil... was the trade embargo put in place as a smokescreen as there really isn't anything of value left?

How many murderous regimes has the west whole-heartedly supported because those nations had resources the west wanted? Why should Iran be any different?

Apparently TPTB just want to make sure the Iranians don't miss Xfactor. I was wrong there's nothing sinister going on

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The Arak complex has two parts: the heavy-water plant and a nuclear reactor.

Unlike the heavy-water plant, the reactor has been opened to examination by inspectors from the IAEA. During a visit earlier this month, the inspectors noted that cooling and “moderator circuit” pipes at the reactor were “almost complete”.

Iran has told the IAEA that it will begin operating the reactor at Arak in the first three months of 2014.

The country still lacks the technology to reprocess plutonium and use it for a weapon.

But North Korea has successfully developed that technology, and some analysts speculate that Iran could do the same.

Based on its own analysis of satellite images, the IAEA has reached a similar conclusion. In a report distributed to its board last week, the agency reported “ongoing construction” at the Arak site and active heavy water production.

According to the Institute for Science and International Security, a US think tank, if the heavy-water plant reaches full capacity, it would produce about 20lb of plutonium a year.

That could be enough for two nuclear warheads if the plutonium was reprocessed.

atimetobetray.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Thanks for that Deetermined
Kinda backs it up quite well

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Apparently TPTB just want to make sure the Iranians don't miss Xfactor. I was wrong there's nothing sinister going on

First let me say LMAO... Xfactor? Who knew? Did Hilary?

Let me play "devil's advocate" for a moment...

1. Iran was at war with Iraq from 1980-88, a war which was immensely costly in terms of human lives (estimates have Iran's KIAs at nearly 1/2 million military and civilians)

2. The Iraqi military that defeated Iran was simply de-pantsed and spanked in front of the whole world... not once but twice, and both times in a matter of weeks...

3. Ahmadinejad truly believes in a world ending apocalypse as told in the Koran, and also believes it is his destiny to "get the ball rolling" toward such an end.

4. Iran is SURROUNDED by U.S. military bases.

Iran is the proverbial "wounded animal", and wounded animals tend to bite. Iran getting a nuke is a natural progression of all of the above. Iran wants respect, and they believe having a nuke buys them that respect.

It reminds me of an Art Bell-ism, a Chinese curse Art used to quote on his show years ago... "may you live in interesting times"... we most certainly do...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

When i served in the I.D.F. I was taught a very clever thing after losing my best mate to an ambush.

Always leave your enemy a way out, you can follow and catch them later. If you corner them they will become more ferocious than you can imagine.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Plan A would be the enrichment facility that had the explosion Here

|f you'd bothered reading the article you'd see that this facility has been off limits to inspectors for 18 months and has started to produce steam suggesting it's been fired up to start to produce plutonium.

No sorry but I didn't bother to read this piece of junk "journalism" from the daily mail.

However I can refer to the news article published in the renowned Journal "Der Spiegel", just a couple hours ago. The sources are stated with: als/AP/AFP/dpa/Reuters

Spiegel Article german language

Unfortunately it is not avaliable in the English language section yet, so let me translate the essence of it to you:

The article says that todays and yesterdays meetings between representatives of the IAEA were quite positive, and that new talks have been set to take place in March and April in Almaty in Kasachstan. While the Iranian representatice was a little bit too optimistic and declared a "fundamental change" in the nuclear talks, the official IAEA representative Said Schalili was more realistic, but also spoke of positive progress and a good atmosphere.

So as of now, neither the IAEA, nor the UN are accusing Iran of developing a nuclear decice. The only entities doing so are Israel and the Zionist Lobby in the US senate, well and of course the Daily Mail. So that is that.

I also suggest you to hop over and read the last couple Iran specific updates on the IAEA website. I did at least, and, no offence, but I think my knowledge about the matter at hand and also the historical background reaching back to the 1970ies, which have led to the current Iran / US relations, is quite substantial. And one reason why it is substantial is, that I do not read junk articles from the Daily Mail.

Of course collecting and keeping track of this kind of information is sometimes cumbersome and the stuff is dry to read, not really entertaining. So don't bother, it may indeed be easier for you to have the Daily Mail do the research for you and form your opinion. So convenient, isn't that right buddy ?
edit on 27-2-2013 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

and that new talks have been set to take place in March and April in Almaty in Kasachstan.

So more delaying tactics

Good luck with the whole trust Iran bit, why not give then your post code (zip code) for a test of their electrical genius ?

By the way that junk journalism already translated it for us lesser mortals

edit on 27/2/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So as of now, neither the IAEA, nor the UN are accusing Iran of developing a nuclear decice.

Nor will they after Iran sent the IAEA a scathing letter back in December to watch what they say/report before it's been approved by Iran first.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Latest remarks by IAEA from February 14, 2013...

Remarks by Deputy Director General Herman Nackaerts

14 February 2013 | The following is a transcript of remarks made on 14 February 2013 by Herman Nackaerts, Deputy Director General for Safeguards, at the Vienna International Airport upon his return from Iran:

Good morning. We had discussions on the structured approach document but could not finalize the document. As you know, that document, once agreed, should facilitate the resolution of outstanding issues regarding possible military dimensions of Iran's nuclear programme. However, our commitment to continued dialogue is unwavering. We will work hard now to try and resolve the remaining differences, but time is needed to reflect on the way forward. As on previous occasions, we were not granted access to Parchin.

AP: Did you get closer to agreement; did you make progress?

You will understand that this is part of the negotiation and it is difficult for me to comment on that. Thank you.

EFE: Are you going to meet again?

We haven't agreed yet on a date of the next meeting so we will inform you in due course.

www.iaea.org...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So what we have is another piece of "journalism" full of innuendo, If's, But's, possibilities and yet nothing in the way of proof or substance to back up the allegations it makes. Just like all the other BS articles pushed by Israel and it's proxy media outlets and governments. Nothing that would stand up in any court of law though!

Seriously, Israel has been pushing this crap for the last 20 or so years. Oooooh, save us, go bomb Iran cos they want to wipe us out and they'll have a nuke within the year. I mean, you'd think people would see through this BS after less than half that time.
I have no doubt that the time will come when Iran will be attacked, as the Israelis and bankers (same thing really) demand it, and the whole damn region will erupt, simply in the name of profit and religious nutjobs who think they are "chosenites". Hopefully, retaliation will be swift and give them a bloody nose in the process for their beligerence before everyone else has to step in and protect them.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I hate to tell you this but yours is plan C. Sell Pu or HUE to Pakistan then send it to DPRK for them to test, this iss how it might be played out

Plan A make everyone think you making the bomb,
then Plan B make it look like your just watching some one else do a test when it is yours,
plan C buy it when the time is right, no need to make it your self,or sell the new improved version to your partner, Pakistan.

see how it all come together, Iran, DPRK then Pakistan, to easy ????,

Well no, just good old scratch my back ill scratch yours, and then, we Iran/Pakistan get them, DPRK,to scratch both our backs .

For Pakistan could not do a test nor Iran, not with out setting a hot Mid east war. DPRK on the other hand, as seen to the world... just them er Un being show offs and all... will, go unnoticed, just being laughed at and thought to be doing the same old thing "Don't mess with us... we have nuke now " When in fact "no we don't we just tested a bomb for some one else."
How would the world react then ????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join