It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

well I moved to Texas, now what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I literally just finished moving this week, it was a long 800 some odd miles on the road, about a hunfred miles in, I blew a tranny line, didnt realize it until I burned up overdrive and drive.

So it was me and the whole family, in the suburban, with the trailer in tow, the kids mom looks at me and says, what are we gonna do?

I calmly put it in manual second, and began driving at 45 mph, for 700 somthing miles, it took a long time, about 2 full days, as I had to now stay off the interstate, and take state roads and county roads.

So a 1 day ride turned into a family cross country trip, and we got to see a lot of sites on our leisurely 45 mph road trip.

So, does anyone in Texas know where to find a 700R4 transmission for a good price? I would have just gone to pick apart back in Indiana to get one, do you guys have pick apart orr a similar place where I can take it off myself, thus saving a lot of money?

Also , Texas, you are funny to me, I have never heard of "paddlin papers" before. My son had gotten into trouble his last week in indiana, his last day he suspended for starting a fight, and then replied to the principal "I dont care".

So his mother and I had to go and pick him up. So when we were refistering him for school, we signed the papers, and checked the yes you may paddle my son box. To which he replied, bless his little heart, " why would you check yes!!??".

Lol, so I told him the truth of it, "well if you were controlling yourself correctly, this woukdnt be necessary now woukd it?".

He has had a week of perfect school behavior so far, I guess the yes box has had the desired effect.

TEXAS, why didnt I come to you sooner?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't know....Get a pick up truck and some guns?

Sorry, Just had to comment! no real advice from me.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You're not seriously asking.

Get an M1A4 MBT and a machine gun and start playing in your backyard.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
I don't know....Get a pick up truck and some guns?

Sorry, Just had to comment! no real advice from me.

No need to apologize, I believe you nailed it on the head from what I have seen so far . Although I already have both of those, still good advice, this is rugged wilderness compared to where we were at in indiana ( indianapolis suburbs).

I got to grow up in the country, it was wanderful, I am just hoping to be able to give my kids the same thing if possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
You're not seriously asking.

Get an M1A4 MBT and a machine gun and start playing in your backyard.

Lol, now that is the kinda stuff I hoping to see, everyone should have an Abrams, and if you dont, how can your life be worth living? I know mine wont be complete until I get one. Too bad it will never happen, looks I will have to die unfulfilled.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Welcome to Texas!

now please find nearest Whataburger and find out what you have been missing this whole time.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
Welcome to Texas!

now please find nearest Whataburger and find out what you have been missing this whole time.

Yes, this right here: Double-Double with Bacon, all-the-way (unless you want mayo or dry), grilled onions, Toasted both sides, large fry and drink.

Translation: Double Meat, Double Cheese, lettuce Tomatoes pickles, grilled onions, bun toasted both sides.

Or DQ, they have good food as well.

As to your Car issue, just look for a junk yard.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Welcome to the Lone Star State!
After your Whataburger, don't forget to top it off with some BlueBell ice cream.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

I will definitely have to check that place out, sounds like my kind of food. Also, OMG, why are guys keeping all the red diamond sweet tea to yourselves? This stuff is perfect, a lot better than the crap they sold in Indiana.

I was forced to make my own sun tea, as the store brands and big brands like lipton and lousian, are no were near the right mix, either to watery or too much sugar, this stuff is just right. We have already gone through like 4 gallon jugs in 7 days, though it is still new to our taste buds, and we have had a lot of company, from family that was once half a country away, are now only a couple of hours tops.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Get out a phone book and look in the Yellow Pages under "used auto parts" or "auto salvage". Don't know which part of the state you are in but there are wrecking yards where you can go pull your own parts in pretty much every area of the state. If you call first they can usually tell you if they have what you need and how much it is if you pull it or if they pull it. Welcome to Texas!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Let me know when you get all settled in. I'll send you a gun rack for your truck, as a house warming gift....

I was born in Houston Texas, college in Austin. Make sure to get some Austin time in...it's Heaven in Texas.

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Welcome to Texas....

Its a huge state, i moved here my self little over 4 years ago.
Live in houston, gone to austin, galveston, and dallas.
I drive back home to Michigan up through east texas, Tyler, TexArkana....

And yes this place is strange, and have some funny customs...

There are a ton of junk yards, and depending on where you are at, you should be able to find what you need...

Tons of shooting ranges too.... Born and raised in Michigan, but starting to fall in love with Texas.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Make sure to get some Austin time in...it's Heaven in Texas.

Des

Especially the botanical gardens close to Barton Springs. 6th street is alright to visit once or twice, but looses its charm.

I'm out in Deep East, where lots of trees pop up.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Welcome to Texas!

Want to guess how old I am. When I was a little kid, we'd get Whataburgers...10 for a dollar on special nights.

The BEST burger ever...in the whole wide galaxy....

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I got married in Austin,
Some very pretty country over that way...
And only drove down 6th street, no concert going on....

Got freinds that live over there, and they want us to come back and hit up the concerts.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

10 cents a burger. That was back in the day so im guessing you must have a good amount of years on this planet we call earth.

What significant changes have uou noticed from whataburger since you were a little girl to this day?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Yep...that was in the early 50's those 10 cent a burger specials. Only on advertised special nights.

Haven't had one in many years. Moved to California after college....now in N. Ga mountains....mouth watering for one now....

Whataburgers...the standard for all other burgers to achieve.....

Des

edit on 27-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Howdy! Welcome to Texas!

When you crossed the state line, did you take time to stop by the visitors center and pick up your complimentary Yosemite Sam mud flaps and truck balls?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

10 cents a burger. That was back in the day so im guessing you must have a good amount of years on this planet we call earth.

What significant changes have you noticed from Whataburger since you were a little girl to this day?

[Just to note, I'm not Dez]
I used to work at Whataburger before college, and in my last two years in high school. I remember they had beef fajitas at the time, they brought back "Chicken Fajita Tacos" (Redundant and repetitious) but not Beef Fajitas. Double-Doubles are still my favs.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Our family nestled into texas in 2009. I have come to you realise, Texas is the best state for "allowing" us our freedoms and the right o live under what the constitution gave us, bearing arms is my favorite, If step on a mans property without permission the said owner can and probably will shoot you and no ticket no arrest no urt nothin the dead man shouldnt had went on another mans property. needless to say we feel safe on our property. ans once you understand their dialec and their mintd set realise they like well manored children and your aceepted. hope you make it cause texas is a great state

top topics

<<   2 >>

join