Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Mars Mission Planned For 2018 , Volunteers Wanted .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Izak4K

You are actually missing the point of this mission.

How am I missing the point ? , the point of the mission is to send people to Mars for the first time ...what am I missing ?

First of all, the spacecraft "Dragon" will not even orbit the Red Planet so I can't even call this - a Mars mission.

I think its you that is "missing the point" , if they don't orbit Mars how do you suggest they will make the return journey ?

They're going to Mars so of course its a Mars Mission

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Try to do more research before posting next time.

Because of the short timeframe to develop the necessary technology to make this mission possible, the mission will be strictly no-frills. It will use existing tech for life support and will not make any attempt to land on the Martian surface or orbit the planet. It will simply be a fly-there, fly-by, fly-back mission. Attempting such a feat would be one for the history books, surely catapulting the hopes and dreams on Earth to the Red Planet where far grander missions will be attempted later on.

LINK

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

What a pity zorgon is not on here anymore he was always on about going to the Moon now he could go one better.

Being 100% honest I wish they would go to the Moon first, then Jarra White could go I wouldn't mind if they made that a one way trip then that Aussie a** would see he was wrong about the Moon landings

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Izak4K

Try to do more research before posting next time

I didn't say they'd be going into orbit but they would need to orbit Mars for the return .
Maybe you should research how space travel works before giving lectures

edit on 28-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Kind of curious as to how big this spacecraft will be, while i love the idea of that flight. Id hate to do it in something the size of Apollo...probably go crazy in a sardine can like that. Sit...look out _...repeat 250 times. See Mars...sit ... look out _...repeat 250 more times.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Instructoralpha

Manned Mars fly-around doesn’t seem to be possible at the moment

“The idea of flying round Mars with the crew of 2 people by 2018 is ambitious but hardly implementable taking into account current technical possibilities, – RSC Energia president and general designer Vitaliy Lopota says. – Without new sources of energy the flight to Mars is impossible, it will be just a venture,” - he commented the idea suggested by world’s first ever space tourist Dennis Tito.
Even space vehicle returning to the Earth at 2nd space velocity weights 20 tons itself. To send manned mission to Mars with the crew of 4 people expedition module weighting 480 tons is needed.
He also noted that the crew is to be made up of 4 people, as for some psychological reasons it is the most appropriate minimum quantity. Each of the crew members needs 10 kg of foodstuffs and water a day not to mention propellant margin for the flight there and back.
According to Lopota’s assessment using current chemical sources of energy the complex of 2,5 thousand tons is needed.
Another obstacle for this mission is radiation. By now there is no data about space radiation impact on the human body.
“During automated missions we protected devices from space radiation, other countries also have such data but the influence of radiation on the human body is not studied yet, that is we cannot take such a great risk to send people to the Red Planet”.

Source: novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Could you imagine being trapped with a woman in a confined area for a year and a half
No clothing stores, no restaurants
Bras hanging all over the place. That could be very dangerous
Anyone applying should be checked for sanity. Maybe ten thousand pounds of chocolate might make it possible.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I suggest you read the book "Packing For Mars" by Mary Roach. It's very funny and very informative. You will learn things about manned space flight you would never guess.
www.maryroach.net...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Could you imagine being trapped with a woman in a confined area for a year and a half
No clothing stores, no restaurants
Bras hanging all over the place. That could be very dangerous
Anyone applying should be checked for sanity. Maybe ten thousand pounds of chocolate might make it possible.

What about that time of the month can you imagine the carnage & horror

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
so, where do i sign up?
i must have missed the link, haha

i just hope they wont cancel this mission

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm with you, all the way! I don't think being a ghost in space would be all that bad. Just floating around all the stars, planets and whatever else happens to be there. I believe we are not alone and how cool would it be to haunt aliens??As long as you made it out of our atmosphere, it would be worth it to me!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Some "middle age " women do not have that time of the month"anymore! Not all women enjoy shopping or chocolate either. Some women enjoy cooking, why I don't know.

I don't understand why it has to be a couple anyway. Why not two friends or two family members?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm with you, all the way! I don't think being a ghost in space would be all that bad. Just floating around all the stars, planets and whatever else happens to be there. I believe we are not alone and how cool would it be to haunt aliens??As long as you made it out of our atmosphere, it would be worth it to me!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
this is a great chance to be a important part in our future and make history.also ive got nothing planned for 2018 so come get me ill go for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join