It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black police officer faces charges for not investigating racial taunts against himself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I had to read this over few times before i understood what was going on lol.

A black York Region officer faces Police Act charges for not investigating racial taunts thrown at him.

Its funny and stupid... a police officer is charged for not investigating why he was called by a racial slur.

Const. Dameian Muirhead, 33, is charged with three counts of misconduct for his handling of a farm party turned ugly, where he was allegedly subjected to repeated racial slurs and told, “I would love to see that guy hanging from a tree.

Being a Police officer must suck lol.

he disciplinary panel heard from the man who lodged the complaint against the officer, Rheal Duguay, 41. Things got particularly ugly when Duguay’s $400 leather jacket fell from his motorcycle to the ground during the plate check and Muirhead ignored Duguay’s order to “Pick up my (expletive) jacket!”

Muirhead’s written defence said partygoers hurled racial taunts including comments on the darkness of his skin and “I would love to see that guy hanging from a tree.”

Duguay stressed at the hearing there was nothing racial about his anger toward Muirhead. “There’s no racism,” he testified. “I’m married to an Asian lady. My kids are half-Asian.”

edit on 2/27/2013 by luciddream because: added partgoers slured the racial comment.

edit on 2/27/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I guess this is one to remember when Cops go enforcing things that seem so patently ridiculous as to leave us with a brain freeze moment.

Apparently, if they don't put on the clown hat to go be idiots about enforcing things that just make problems worse...THEY pay a price for it.

What happened to Officer discretion? If he didn't feel victimized who has the right to TELL him he was victimized and wrong for not going to make criminals out of some loud mouth punks? Crazy times...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I guess this is one to remember when Cops go enforcing things that seem so patently ridiculous as to leave us with a brain freeze moment.

Apparently, if they don't put on the clown hat to go be idiots about enforcing things that just make problems worse...THEY pay a price for it.

What happened to Officer discretion? If he didn't feel victimized who has the right to TELL him he was victimized and wrong for not going to make criminals out of some loud mouth punks? Crazy times...

Heck, i didn't even know that ignoring assh*les can get your charged. I wonder what the officer was thinking when his superiors gave him the charge.

"im sorry, you forgot to yell back, you are being charged for negligence." lol

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

So you still didn't get the article then?

The guy who lodged the complaint didn't make any racial slur. He said "Pick up my [expletive] jacket." and it was other party goers who refused to provide identification, who made the racial slurs.

Things got particularly ugly when Duguay’s $400 leather jacket fell from his motorcycle to the ground during the plate check and Muirhead ignored Duguay’s order to “Pick up my (expletive) jacket!”

The guy who lodged the complaint, is complaining that he was not treated with respect.

“He just ignored me,” Duguay said. “It’s not a professional manner. . . I pay taxes. I deserve to be treated like a human.”

Betty asked Duguay what sort of example he was setting for his 8-year-old daughter by swearing and yelling at a police officer in front of her.

“He gets paid to do a job,” Duguay replied. “So it’s up to him.

“He’s a police officer. He’s supposed to set examples.”

“Was there any damage to the jacket?” Betty asked.

“No, just dirt,” Duguay replied.

it was because of the investigation into his conduct that he was found to not have taken proper action against those who uttered racial slurs against him.

Nothing to do with that loser with the asian wife being ok, because he knows someone of xyz colour..

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Ah, York Regional, 't'is not yer finest hour when nonsense like this makes it to the media.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Im not sure if he did it in good will or not, but it still landed the police officer in sh*t. Who probably didn't care about what racial slurs they told him.

Also fixed OP. thanks.
edit on 2/27/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Yup, York Regional Police are getting lot of bad reps in the past few years.

They tend to pull over modded/tinted cars more than Toronto Police.

new topics

top topics

join