It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Unsolved X-files 2013 (Part 1)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The faces of Belmez, anyone ?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I think there could be more to the Titanic disaster then we've been told. The fact that over 60 top industrialists that opposed the Federal Reserve/Central Banking system died when the ship sank a year before it was implemented, and that there is evidence that another ship received the distress calls and was even within sight but chose to ignore it.

There is no such thing as coincidences.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Do you have any mysteries to cover in the next instalment? (I will be sure to cite all contributions)

This past fall I created several threads dealing with a haunted little college town of Athens, Ohio. I went to school and lived there for five years. The place is beautiful and I love to go back to visit when I can. However, there are many, many stories about hauntings both in and surrounding the town. I created the threads below that describe the most popular stories with some of my personal experiences mixed in. I'm not sure how much these fit in with your thread, but I figured some of you might find them interesting.

Part 1:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

This one I posted for Halloween. It's about the fraternity house I lived in and it's resident ghost:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalbeck
The faces of Belmez, anyone ?

Bélmez de la Moraleda, Spain

In a small house in Belmez, the image of a face once appeared on its concrete floor. Its owners tried to remove it, but it persisted. And soon it was joined by others. And others. Soon, ghastly, ghostly faces were everywhere on the floor, sometimes even overlapping. Small faces, big faces, some benevolent, some shrieking in horror. They became known as the Faces of Bélmez.

The faces were shown to have been painted on the concrete floor, the first with paint and later with acid, and the woman living in the house found to be perpetrating a hoax on the public for financial gain. In 1971, María Gómez Cámara announced the appearance of the first face on the kitchen floor, and psychic believers called it a case of "thoughtography", claiming that Cámara's thoughts had a telekinetic effect and projected images from her mind onto the floor. When she and her family began charging admission for tourists to see the faces, the mayor had a sample removed for testing. The hoax was easily revealed, and the city banned any further tourist business from being conducted at the residence. However that did not stop them, and the faces continued to appear for more than 30 years until Cámara's death in 2004.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nquisitive

Love posts like these! s&f for you! without a doubt.
Thanks for a great read!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The hanging rock incident was from the novel, not the other-way round.

The titanic sunk from an iceberg. There was no other ship laying in the dark which would have been foolish and against maritime law.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I knew about the moon rocks and the yeti DNA but the feral boy was a very interesting read. I will definitely have to look up more on that. Thanks for the info OP

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Wonderful thread,OP! S&F!
Looking forward to part 2.Lot's of great stuff by the other posters.Things I have never heard of.Can't wait to read some more.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Do we have a part 2 yet?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join