Donna Brazile Tweets She Can't Understand Why Her Health Care Premiums Just Went Up.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm guessing she really believed all the hype about how Obamacare was going to lower costs for everyone. Probably it is the same for millions of people who voted for Barack.

This is truly funny though. After they told us that we just didn't like Barack....

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
People like her are the absolute best that our country has to offer as our leaders? She is completely clueless, we are all doomed.
I expect her next tweet will be:
" I called my pool man because I can`t understand why every time I jump in my pool I get wet"

These clueless idiots make enough money so that their incompetent decisions don`t really affect them very much but the rest of us don`t have that luxury we get screwed hard every time they do something stupid.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Looks like Limbaugh has picked up on this. Im not a fan of his, but he'll certainly be having fun with this for a while!

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

The National Review has the story, too.
www.nationalreview.com...

HumanEvents.com has a piece on this. They look to be a conservative/Republican group of some kind.
www.humanevents.com...

But sadly, those are the only "News" links to this on Google at the moment.
goo.gl...

Donna and friends are probably at 110% Damage Control Mode in their strategy HQ right now. Saving face is more important than anything else in politics, ya know.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well as someone who has worked in the Finance/Actuarial side of healthcare insurance industry most of my life I can tell you that her higher premiums had very little to do with Obamacare. The insurance industry stands to make BILLIONS from Obamacare. They will however use any excuse to raise premiums because it is all about profit and it is never and will never be enough. The people who think that insurance cost are going to go up because of Obamacare are completely and utterly clueless about how the real word works.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllInMyHead

Well as someone who has worked in the Finance/Actuarial side of healthcare insurance industry most of my life I can tell you that her higher premiums had very little to do with Obamacare. The insurance industry stands to make BILLIONS from Obamacare. They will however use any excuse to raise premiums because it is all about profit and it is never and will never be enough. The people who think that insurance cost are going to go up because of Obamacare are completely and utterly clueless about how the real word works.

I think you are confused. Obamacare is a tax where a private tax collector [the insurance company] gets to set the tax [premium cost]. Since we all must pay the tax because of Obamacare [that is we must buy their products] how is it not the fault of Obamacare?

As you said it, "it is all about profit" and Obamacare ensures we give them a profit. Ergo, it is Obamacare that is the reason behind the hikes.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Brazile probably believed this tryst between Obama and his Obamabots. It will be funny to see her back pedaling on her comments, while many others won't be because it's a fact! And yes, health care premiums do consistently rise. But Obama passed the Affordable Care Act which was supposed to make it more affordable, thus the name AFFORDABLE Care Act. What exactly has changed to make the premiums more affordable?

The Affordable Care Act Becomes Law
March 23, 2010

On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act. The law puts in place comprehensive health insurance reforms that will roll out over four years and beyond.

Coming in 2013: The Health Insurance Marketplace
Individuals and small businesses can buy affordable and qualified health benefit plans in this new transparent and competitive insurance marketplace.

Coming in 2014: Tax Credits for Families
Tax credits to help the middle class afford insurance will become available for those with income between 100% and 400% of the poverty line who are not eligible for other affordable coverage.

www.healthcare.gov...

And imagine this
:

Health insurance companies across the country are seeking and winning double-digit increases in premiums for some customers, even though one of the biggest objectives of the Obama administration’s health care law was to stem the rapid rise in insurance costs for consumers. Dave Jones, the California insurance commissioner, said some insurance companies could raise rates as much as they did before the law was enacted.
Particularly vulnerable to the high rates are small businesses and people who do not have employer-provided insurance and must buy it on their own.
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 27-2-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Every thing they do they do for a reason.

They are just trying to get a reaction out of the public.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I think its fairly obvious she was being sarcastic, and insinuating that there is no good reason for healthcare premiums to increase. People who are currently uninsured, instead of going for a doctors visit, go to the ER, where they are treated at a much higher cost than if they went through the channels that the insured go through. Those costs are passed onto those of us who pay for healthcare directly or through insurance premiums. Now, such a system would work in our favor if the policy was to let people die of easily treatable conditions instead, but until that changes, providing basic healthcare coverage to keep people from abusing the emergency room is a much better option.

People are so mis-informxed on the whole healthcare thing, it would be funny were it not so embarassing. For example, people all over the country are crying like little sissies because they can't afford to pay for a share of insurance for their 6-employee small business. They whimper the way they do because they can't, or won't, bother to read, and find that only small businesses with more than 50 employees will bbe required to contribute to health insurance plans. Those with less than 50 have no obligation to provide any healthcare coverage, but they do get a sizeable tax break if they so choose to. It seems virtually the only small businesses with 50+ employees who do not offer coverage are fast "food" chains.

Personally, I would rather see health insurance eliminated all together, and watch prices for healthcare collapse, along with the use of prescription drugs, as natural market forces take over. Make BASIC healthcare, say an annual doc's visit, and one illness a year be universal for all. If you're homeless, its covered. If you're Bill Gates, its covered. That's it though. If people saved or invested the money they weren't paying into health insurance, most everyone could easily pay their own medical bills.

Health insurance corporations make a ton of money, and provide absolutely no healthcare whatsoever. Why should 50% of my healthcare premiums be used to pay for diabetes treatments for people who choose to eat garbage foods in massive quantities? Had I instead invested my healthcare premiums for the past 20 years, I would have well over $500,000 by now. Maybe add in a catastrophic policy to cover any expenses I may incur over $500k,for a few hundred dollars a year.

The system is absolutely ridiculous, but what people think "Obamacare" is compared to what it really is, is even more ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
"Surprise! Surprise!"
-Gomer Pyle

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

It doesn't matter if a small business has 6 or 6000 employees: everybody must now purchase health insurance. Trying to hid under the rock of "only 50+ employee businesses have to provide it" is being an Obama apologist of the 33rd Degree. In fact, 1 out of 10 employers are going to be dropping coverage. It's easier to pay the fine or get rid of the benefit.

If I mandated that everybody had to buy juice, milk, and cereal -what would happen to the price of juice, milk, and cereal?

It doesn't matter what the intentions are. Obama and the Democrats passed a Healthcare Tithe. Good job guys!
edit on 28-2-2013 by GreenGlassDoor because: clear

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Do you REALLY think that was sarcasm? I can only guess you do, esp. by the other things you said.
The size of the company doesn't matter any more. The fact is, ALL are going to have to provide coverage or pay the fine as long as the employees are consideded full time. That is why so many companies are cutting their employees' hours down to part time. They would rather hire MORE people, pay less hours per employee, and not have to pay for coverage.
Also, if you think all people who are diabetics are ill because of their diet, you're just showing more of you ignorance. Quite often it is genetic. It can't always be stopped with diet alone, nor is that the only cause.
I'm sorry, dude. There are so many holes in your post I don't even want to take the time to address them all. But I might suggest that before you throw stones, you check your own facts first.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is all so odd and hard for me to understand, I thought everyone loved her on CNN?

WTH?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
For those of us who have known Barack Obama at the local level here in Chicago, the dissatisfaction with health insurance premiums and the Affordable Care Act in general, is, by design accomplishing one of (now) President Obama's primary goals...which is NATIONAL MEDICARE FOR ALL.

At a local event in 2006, then SENATOR Obama said at a fundraiser that the way to achieve government-supplied Universal Health Coverage is to use a "back door" method, because the public wouldn't accept sudden change and insurance companies wouldn't voluntarily leave this lucrative industry.

So now you have the public becoming outraged, even before "ObamaCare" really kicks in on 1/1/2014. You have health insurance companies limited to no more than 20% profit after paying all medical claims. You have Aetna, United Health, and others, guaranteeing that their premiums will need to increase at least 50% just before 1/1/2014 to pay for all the new ObamaCare mandates that go into effect on that date.

There's much more, but the sum effect of all this will be to cause massive public outrage, health insurance companies going out of business and a MEDICARE FOR ALL bill sent to the President's desk for signature. After he signs it, Barack Obama will turn to Joe Biden and say.. "Joe, now you're looking at the REAL Big Forkin Deal...just the way I envisioned it back in 2006!".
-CWM
edit on 28-2-2013 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
The really bad thing is that Obamacare is just being phased in. It will get worse, much, much worse.

Sure is. My boyfriend came home from work the other day. Had his full time hours cut back and was told that the company will never offer full time again. Bye bye, insurance.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Yes, Donna Brazile, the V.P. of the Democratic National Committee...and one of Barack Obama's top Obamacare advisers, actually Tweeted on Twitter that she is surprised that her insurance provider just raised her premiums.

"Just got off the phone with my health care provider asking them to explain why my premium jumped up."

answers.yahoo.com...

There is very little I could add to this current example of liberal cluelessness.
edit on 27-2-2013 by IAMTAT because: Name added

OMG, I can't stop laughing... Worse yet on how stupid people like her really are, watch how she will come up with the dumbest excuse to say "but it is okay"... To these people it doesn't even matter that they are forcing millions of Americans to pay for something that in their view is outright murder of innocent human beings, as is the premium people have to pay to private companies to pay for the abortions of other women, whether you agree with it or not...

Even if there wasn't the concern for the cost of this, there is the fact that this Obamacare bill in fact forces millions of Americans to act against their own conscience... That is my main beef with this, as it is anything else that would want to FORCE people to for example "work for free for the government", aka "mandatory service" aka "compulsory national service" aka "legalized slavery"... But hey, millions of Americans, including children, women, and older people are being FORCED daily to be sexually harrassed by TSA agents and it seems the mayority of them, even thou many cry about it, really do nothing about it...

Obama's government, and that of democrats/liberals is to FORCE Americans to do their will, and the worse part is that the system/government and politics in general have been corrupted so much since at least 1913, with the implementation of the Feds, and the IRS by the left, that also most republicans in power today agree with many if not most of these draconian measures...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

Sure is. My boyfriend came home from work the other day. Had his full time hours cut back and was told that the company will never offer full time again. Bye bye, insurance.

Well, yeah but sorry to say your boyfriend, as well as every other American, will have to pay for the premium insurance, or pay the penalty or be sent to jail.

But worry not, I am sure as more and more Americans, even those in the left, find themselves not able to pay for these insurance premiums, Obama, and democrats will offer another alternative, such as working for free for the government in slavery/labor camps, I mean in fun government workcamps either during summer, or any of your free time to help you pay for the cost of the insurance... So don't worry, be happy now... Sing with me...
edit on 28-2-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
reply to post by IAMTAT

I think its fairly obvious she was being sarcastic, and insinuating that there is no good reason for healthcare premiums to increase.

No. I honestly believe she's been asleep at the wheel. She should *know* why her premium went up.

People who are currently uninsured, instead of going for a doctors visit, go to the ER, where they are treated at a much higher cost than if they went through the channels that the insured go through.

But in many states, including mine, many hospitals are offering an urgent care center on site that addresses non emergency cases at low cost allowing for small payment plans. This has helped take the stress off of the monetary losses that occur with non emergency visits to the ER. Other steps being taken, is when a non emergency patient enters the ER, the nurse on call will visit briefly with the patient to see if this is an emergency, confer with the doctor, and if it is not emergency, they ask the patient to return in the morning when urgent care opens at 6 am. Many hospitals have done this and those who are not, need to get on board.

People are so mis-informxed on the whole healthcare thing, it would be funny were it not so embarassing. For example, people all over the country are crying like little sissies because they can't afford to pay for a share of insurance for their 6-employee small business. They whimper the way they do because they can't, or won't, bother to read, and find that only small businesses with more than 50 employees will bbe required to contribute to health insurance plans. Those with less than 50 have no obligation to provide any healthcare coverage, but they do get a sizeable tax break if they so choose to. It seems virtually the only small businesses with 50+ employees who do not offer coverage are fast "food" chains.

And my boyfriend who is employed among 60 people went into a meeting the other day and everyone was notified that full time is gone. Full time is no more. So is insurance. This company would rather pay fines, than provide insurance. This is going to happen everywhere and the people it will hurt are the working poor. Many will be forced to enroll in Medicaid, because if you are *not* enrolled, you will be fined and the money will be extracted from income tax refunds. Ever read the H&R block page on facebook at tax time? LOL People are enraged just having to wait up to two weeks to get their refund. Just wait until these people see these fines taken out of their income taxes.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by Taissa

Well, yeah but sorry to say your boyfriend, as well as every other American, will have to pay for the premium insurance, or pay the penalty or be sent to jail.

But worry not, I am sure as more and more Americans, even those in the left, find themselves not able to pay for these insurance premiums, Obama, and democrats will offer another alternative, such as working for free for the government in slavery/labor camps, I mean in fun government workcamps either during summer, or any of your free time to help you pay for the cost of the insurance... So don't worry, be happy now... Sing with me...
edit on 28-2-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

And for those that are eligible, will be forced to enroll in medicaid, and we all know how great medicaid is

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I wonder if people realize that Obamacare isn't the only reason health care premiums might have gone up. Mine went down. You don't know what the deal is. No, lets just assume liberals are stupid. That's the more reasonable reaction.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
DO'H !

Well Donna should count her blessings. She no doubt makes a 6-figure salary and can well afford that higher premium.

Sal

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join