It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I Don't Understand About Some Homosexuals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

My question is this, why? If you are a homosexual man then you are attracted to men. Your partner, boyfriend, whatever, is obviously attracted to men also. So why are you dressing up like a woman? Why are you putting on make-up and dresses?

My theory, and it's just a pet theory mind you, is that our "soul" (for lack of a better word) may identify more with one gender more than another (maybe it lived more lives as female, for example)...so, when born as a dude, maybe that person identifies more with female desires. Same with a woman with a more masculine soul. They wear short hair, comfortable clothes, little or no makeup, etc. Some even walk and talk like a dude without purposefully doing so. Just my theory mind you....

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Right. But still what about the gay men and women who are with someone who dresses like they are the opposite sex (i.e. a gay man with another gay man who dresses like a woman)?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Because to dress up like a "woman" or to dress up like a "man" is something that is learned. Clothes are not masculine or feminine which is why in another country the men may seem to be wearing "feminine" clothes when in their country it is masculine. It is just learned BS, social constructs. Some people just prefer some types of cloths over others (as we can see as heterosexuals may also cross dress)...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Way more to it than that...most cross-dressers go the whole nine yards, lipstick, wigs, stuffed bras, etc. It's more than just another clothing option. Personally, I don't get it, but hey, whatever makes you happy...but it won't keep me from looking at you weird....because it's weird.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

lipstick, wigs, bra, is also a part of dressing up. Of course it is "weird" in the sense that it is someone breaking the "social norms" to be an individual and dressing up with the freedom of how they wish to be...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sure, and I'm all for it, but one can't go outside the norms and then be upset because they are looked at as weird. THEY did it, so obviously wanted the attention in the first place, so don't blame the "normals"....

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Maybe they didn't do it for attention, how would you know? Maybe they just sincerely like the style, but you are right you do have the freedom to call whomever you want "weird".

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'll rephrase it then, to say that EVERYONE I've known who does this...has stated they've done it for the attention, so I can only base it on examples I know of. My brother is gay, and I have a lot of hippie friends, so I've met quite a few more than my normal outward conservatism would betray.

My wife and I aren't above occasionally involving another gal, but since this is "weird" by normal standards, it isn't something we advertise to casual friends, co-workers, etc...because we aren't seeking that attention. So, I'm all for being outside the norm, but you just have to expect the derision of others if you choose to do so openly.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Why does it matter if it is outside of the social norms? If people thought like you there would never be progress sex itself would still be a taboo subject.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'd much rather be free and open about it (polyamory, for example), but it is what it is. Society changes slowly, simple as that. If someone likes being a social pariah, go for it...but I run a business in a largely conservative industry, so I'm not going to rock the normals' world view...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join