It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I Don't Understand About Some Homosexuals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

Because then the butches would hook up with the flamers and no one would be able to tell the difference between the husband and wife because the husband would look like the wife and act like the wife while the wife looks like a husband and acts like the husband.

For simplicity's sake. Does that answer your question? The divine creator said, "To hell with this, I'm gonna establish some order for those heathens and save myself a head ache."

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Well let me state before hand. I don't honestly care what sexaual preference anyone has. I am normaly the guy who talks to everyone, as long as they are not a prick. So that being said, I have the same questions as the OP.

I have always wondered why a man attracted to men would be with a dude who dresses up like a women... I know I am more attracted to a feminine (sp lol) women then one who looks like a dude. I get confused a lot of the time by people but that is in general, when people start adding in things i have no clue about, i get completly lost....

I have another serious question to for gay guys... I have only had a few freinds who were gay, but they talked with no lipse.. I have not talked to them in years, but anymore on tv, movies and what not the gay guy always has some lipse in their voice.... This normal or is this just another stereo type that is imposed on the gay guy?
It is a serious question.. Like said, I have known a few gay guys, that most people would never know they were gay unless they told them... i just been noticing latly all the people potrayed as gay talk with a lipse......

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have dealt with the flamboyant types past and daily. That's what makes them who they are today and it doesn't change their outcomes of who they want to be. So, it makes them unique. So, What? Isn't that what are future outcome of today is? Is to be unique from the rest of society?

Why change that?

I can't think of the movie right now, (It was a long long time ago) but it was about a girl trying to be a boy on a football team, I believe. A good movie to watch. It's a tear jerker and I think she died at the end because the boys couldn't handle who she wanted to be, or her parents forced her too make a decision about her sex.

A good movie for those to watch.

Bah, I can't find the movie.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I think that it's rather obvious that cross dressers, whether gay or not, do so to express their suppressed inner male or female. They are expressing the part of themselves, that they feel has been oppressed, that they have a need to "free".

And, by the way, this is not a new trend!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You are not alone in your confusion. My nephew is homosexual, and is very "manly". He is only attracted to very "manly" guys. We have had many discussions concerning the same topic, as even he doesn't understand it. His point of view is that if he was physically attracted to someone who looks, dresses and acts like a woman he would be with an actual woman. I have told him that it's just different strokes for different folks, but he still doesn't understand and I really don't know what to say other than "to each his own".

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
His point of view is that if he was physically attracted to someone who looks, dresses and acts like a woman he would be with an actual woman.

Yeah, that's my exact point too.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FireDragonDan

Star!

You brought up some good points. I mean, look at the Log Cabin Republicans.

I'm a "straight male" (I hate labels) and have quite a few gay male friends. The issue of them being gay never really ever comes up. I simply have fun and enjoy their friendship.

People fear what they don't understand, and turn that fear into anger and hate. It's so silly that in today's world we still obsess over who does what with whomever.

The most important thing in life is to be happy and "Pro-You".

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Simple answer. There is a difference between sexual orientation and gender identity. Some gay males may be sexually attracted to the same sex and still feel that they were correctly born as a male and associate with the male gender.
Others may feel that they identify more with the female gender and things that are considered more feminine yet still feel like they were born with the correct anatomy.
Still, others may be attracted to the same sex, associate with the female gender and feel like they were born with the wrong reproductive organs.

Homosexuality and even heterosexuality is not a one size fits all, even though society tries to make it so.

Hope that explains it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrancar

I totally know what you mean about the "Lispe". When I knew I was gay I was young and told my folks at 15. I never had a Lispe but I've noted that as soon as someone I know "Comes Out", for the next couple of years they get a Lispe. I've no understanding what this is about, I think it's because they want to fem it up.

I'm in my thirties now and I've seen some changes with the gay community for the last two or so decades. The young gay guys have some very strange fashion. I've actually ended up chatting a gay woman up before because she looked more butch than the guys. (never realised until she told me her name was Stephanie)

I think a lot of the younger gay people now are confused, and a pretty high percentage I do believe are born into the wrong sex (Transgendered). Perhaps this is the answer to the OPs question.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Well what about homosexual males who dress like men but then have a relationship with another homosexual male who dresses like a woman?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
LOL why do you even care, or need to know this?

Why do you dress the way you do, please explain lol.

Isn't it obvious why some gays dress as the opposite sex, or even why most don't? Do you really need it explained?

Just think about it. Consider sexual identity, and societies excepted norms, and you might figure it out for yourself.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
LOL why do you even care, or need to know this?

Can you read? I explained it. It's not that I "need" to know. I'm curious, especially as to how they reconcile that. I mean specifically how a gay man reconciles being in a relationship with a gay man who dresses like a woman.

Isn't it obvious why some gays dress as the opposite sex,

No. That's why I asked.

Do you really need it explained?

Again, "need"? No. But I don't understand it so I would like it explained.

If you're not gonna contribute anything to this thread then go somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
what does it matter if a gay guy cross dresses? if a straight guy were to cross dress even? people are who they are. just accept people for who they are and worry less about if they like to pitch or catch in a softball uniform. the year is 2013 btw

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

And another one misses the point of my question.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Good question. I guess it has to do with how they identify. Homosexuality isn't defined by sex and only sex. There's more to it.

If we think about it, we're not defined ONLY by who we want to have sex with, we're defined by many things. We have our own individual interests, our own "style", our own likes and dislikes. There are also the male and female stereotypes.

Say a man is gay. He's not only sexually attracted to other men the way women are, he also has many of the same interests that women have. He may be interested in fashion, in makeup, in things we may consider "feminine" and expresses that interest in the way he dresses. If his interests are in fashion, he probably won't be wearing jeans and a flannel shirt.

A woman may be gay, but that doesn't mean the only thing that defines her is her sexual interest in females. She may be interested in the outdoors, in sports, in woodworking, in a variety of other things that we consider to be "masculine". When you so some of these activities, your clothing is a factor. You couldn't really go deer hunting in a dress and heels. You couldn't really play softball in one either.

So, I guess it's an outward expression of who they feel they are. At times it may be instrumental in activies, at other times it's merely what they are more comfortable with or how they see themselves.

I like wearing sneakers, that doesn't make me a basketball player. I like wearing jeans, boots and western shirts, it doesn't make me a cowboy. I have a flight jacket, it doesn't make me a pilot. But I like wearing those things. I like the way they feel and the way they look, so I wear them. I guess the people you are wondering about feel the same way about what they wear.

Being gay isn't a choice, however, there is a choice involved in how you deal with it, in this case, what they wear. The people who scream "it's a choice" can't differentiate the two. It's there no matter what, the only choice involved is in how you react to it. In today's world, they are allowed to react to it in a healthy, accepting manner instead of hiding in a closet and contemplating suicide. Sounds like a wise "choice" to me in their case.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't know what's so hard to understand about the OP. Now watch me miss the mark completely.

OP you are asking why, if gay men are attracted to men, do some like men that act/dress like women and why do some act/dress effeminate right? The same with lesbians. If you're into women, why dress like a man, with a mans haircut etc.

I don't know but I've wondered too. I think back in the day the queens and butch folks were making a statement. Possibly to broadcast to other homosexuals, possibly to say F U society I'm different.

I personally like girly girls (that will still go shooting and fishing mind you). My buddy loves tomboys. Some women like really manly clean cut guys, others like effeminate artsy types. I think there is a wide range of attraction for both hetero and homosexuals.

There's also the whole spectrum thing where people are really gay, really straight or somewhere in the middle to consider.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I bet you are sorry you started this thread by now op?

I do understand your question and it seems that you ended up tip-toeing through a minefield of not appearing homophobic.
Two lesbian friends of mine always intrigued me one M. was absolutely stunning, feminine kind and a warm gentle soul.
Her girlfriend E. was very butch, literally the stereotype, she dressed as a man and was coarse, agressive and posessive wore a permanent scowl (bulldog chewing a wasp) and voiced her dislike of all men at every opportunity.

I couldn't understand why if M. was attracted to girls why she could fancy someone who looked and acted like a man (and a damn ugly man at that).
I never found out, but experience has taught me since that human hearts and all the love, attraction and feelings that they generate are as numerous and varied as the stars.
It's all part of what makes humanity so varied and interesting. So stop wondering because there are no end to the combinations of human experience.
Discover what pleases you and let others do likewise.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

Well what about homosexual males who dress like men but then have a relationship with another homosexual male who dresses like a woman?

Simple, that is what they personally find attractive.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

Simple, that is what they personally find attractive.

But that's the point of my question. They are homosexual, therefore if they are gay man they are attracted to men. So why are some of them in a relationship with a man who looks/dresses like a woman?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

I couldn't understand why if M. was attracted to girls why she could fancy someone who looked and acted like a man

Yes, that's my question exactly. If you are a lesbian, you are attracted to women. So why are you in a relationship with a woman who looks/dresses/acts like a man?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join