It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What "cause" do you indentify with?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
my life is all about freedom to do as one pleases, provided it doesnt impact someone else's freedom.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
my cause would be to become as less dependent on the system as i can. i am aware that i will never be completely free, in this society. something from this system will always cling onto us that will not let us be as free as we can, inevitability of the system.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I dont exactly "identify " with any causes. Im very active in community issues concerning youth and the homeless.. but I dont understand identifying with it as a cause. Its just what you do. When you see a problem, you do what your conscience tells you to do.. or thats they way it works with me anyway!

One thing I DO contribute to is COTA... Childrens Organ Transplant Association.It is extremely expensive to have a child with a transplant.. and many parents dont have the resources we do. Everyone should have a chance at giving their child life and not be bound by not being able to afford he outrageous out of pocket costs. My daughters medications are thousands a month to keep her alive. I have 2 insurances we have maintained for years as she was born with liver disease. How many parents DONT have that long term heads us and are financially devatated when a transplant is required? My middle daughter received a liver transplant when she was 9.She is 14 now. I donate money to the hospital that secured and transplanted her shortly after being on the list. This was unheard of how quickly they managed this. I truly owe them much for my privilege of having her alive today.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
My cause is for the salvation of as many souls as possible.

Nothing else matters.

I look at it this way:

If God does exist then we ought to be living in a manner that is pleasing to him.

If God does not exist then there is no afterlife, no purpose and no point because you will never retain any memories of your life experiences in the grave.

I live for God.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Freedom, Liberty and, above all else, DRINKS ALL AROUND!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Freedom is to be free from any cause.
How can one be free if one is tied to a stake?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

It is freedom because you CHOSE it. If someone ties you to a stake, that is not freedom, but if you do so to yourself it is just using your own free-will for role-playing...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
My primary "cause" in life is to spread awareness about Autism and children affected by it and to help promote better research into it's causes. I have two children affected by this, and we simply don't know enough about it to even begin to understand how they function, we know the outward manifestations, we dont' know for sure what's happening in their little brains.. just that they see things in a different way then we do..

My secondary cause of late, has been unfortunately to try and punch holes in this whole OPPT nonsense going around.. seems to be a serious lack of braincells in usage this year so far..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

I dont believe in any "causes". They are more often than not used for other purposes than what you think.

Screw that.

I prefer face to face work. Day by day, me to you and vice versa stuff.....everything else is BS anyways.

edit on 1-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Itisnowagain

It is freedom because you CHOSE it. If someone ties you to a stake, that is not freedom, but if you do so to yourself it is just using your own free-will for role-playing...

If you have a cause you will have to fight and that is not freedom.
You might have chosen but you are still tied.

Wear a flag or badge and you will be attacked.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Reflecting upon the nature of evolution based on the theory published by Charles Darwin and considering the sacrecy of all living organisms, not to mention my own kind, Humanity I find myself concerning myself with the entirety of all that is on planet Earth and the future of our species.

I repeatedly find myself becoming frustrated over Humanity's narrow mindedness and ignorance of our level of intelligence and nonchalant of the natural phenomenon of cause and effect.
Human society is flawed to the core by war, poverty, famine, decease and negative energy channeled by our idiocy and selfcenteredness.
Whenever presented with the truth of our reality and the dangers the future holds most will shrug their shoulders and claim that they only think of them and theirs, completely unconscious of the dimension of time and the concept of past, present and future predicting that if we do not make a conscious effort to change now we will de-evolve over the course of time and reach an all time low in terms of consciousness in which we either will destroy ourselves by means of chemical, biological or nuclear warfare because we already fail to see the bigger picture, dividing Humanity into different classes and people based on traditions and ideology when in reality we are one species who must share a common goal if we are ever going to progress as a species.

Creating a harmonious society is not impossible. We have the technology availabe but the people doesn't have the economical means nor the free time to do anything about it while the rich and free time abundant families of the population who have all that is needed to make a global change just sits on their hands, just as ignorant of their own fate as everyone else.

I care not about what religion, philosophical ideology nor political party you align to. It is irrelevant . Life and evolution, justice and freedom, appreciation and harmony is the only things one need to concern themselves with for they encompass all that is and would be benefitial to all living organisms on Earth.

Loving life does not only apply to your own but life itself as the existence of all that is.

My dream is to buy a piece of land somewhere and build the foundation of a harmonious society right there, in harmony with everyone as well as nature and the Earth. But, it is far away and hard to reach but I'd rather lose my arm trying to hold that reality in my hands than to stand by and watch Humanity defile the sacrecy of life by selfish material desires and utter ignorance and stupidity.
edit on 1-3-2013 by ABeing because: Typos

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The cause we identify with is an everchanging thing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join