It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What "cause" do you indentify with?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
when was young and stupid believed in many causes ... now after everywhere been ... things seen ... dont believe in any causes as in the long run of history none of them mean a damn thing most serve as ways for people to either profit from blood and misery or to senselessly slaughter each other over nothing ... none worth fighting / dying over nor contributing to ..

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
My efforts are focused on the liberation of this planet's human race from its own suite of destructive reality narratives. While we can't blame anyone else for how completely lost we are as an intelligent, reasoning species, that doesn't mean that everyone deserves to be forever crippled by the kinds of impossible belief systems that have been imposed upon us by the most aggressive, self-assured, and (therefore) stridently ignorant among us.

As far as any need for success is concerned, I don't have to be the one who ultimately transforms the mindset, but if I can be one who "starts that orange" for others to finish, then I'll be okay with that. It's a huge effort, but I definitely gain in simply knowing what I need to know to even be involved in this effort. It's like that ancient axiom "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king". That's true, and that priceless clarity is the real reward for being involved in this effort. No one can hoodwink you, oppress you, or even inconvenience you, and that's a pretty wonderful realization.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
See my sig for information

which, considering the sig, is actually better than a one line post.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I support Anarchy... Throw life to the wolves a wringe every last drop from the time that you have!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reducing the population to 500 million ^^

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
In 2008, I founded/started an annual 4K charity run...all proceeds go to the local women's and children's abuse shelter and rape, incest, and child abuse crisis center.

I do volunteer work for several charitable organizations but my 4K is what's closest to my heart and what I feel strongest about.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
My cause is freedom. Freedom to live your live how YOU want to live it. Only rule is that your actions wont directly or indirectly harm another human or animal.

If you want to try drugs, by all means you should be allowed to it, if you want to live in nature you should be allowed to it, same goes for those who want to work with science, education religion. It should be your choice, as long as your choice wont stop another from doing theres choice.

My cause is also to research in free energy, as in free of charge, our technological evolution should be for the good of our lives, not for a better profit or better surveillance for the state or companies.
edit on 28-2-2013 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Justice.

When we cease to manipulate the pendulum we liberate those in the pit.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Causes...? I guess I donate to the Salvation Army whenever they appear somewhere like a store, I always do my shopping and make sure I can drop a ten or twenty into the tub. I'm on a fixed income and it's not an easy thing to give away $'s willy nilly, but I believe the Salvation Army to be one of, if not the bast community source of helping and getting the full amount to the job of help. I'll say the SA because it's more often that I run across them, but in my community, I volunteer my help to 'Methodist Men', part of our community where I live. They put together BBQ's and raise thousands of dollars for indigent people and give freely to those in need. I have cooked these BBQ's two or three times a year and it is a 24 hour event on my part. I'm 61, and usually they are done in fairly cold weather. I'm disabled and after a night in the cold having cooked around 7-800 lbs of pork, constantly maintaining three huge cookers, when the morning comes, I'm barely able to walk or move due to my arthritis. But I gladly do it time and again, it only takes a day to recover, and I never begrudge it.

My other 'full time' cause are Vets and those who are in the hospital. Hospital visits to those very ill or dying. It means alot to those in terminal mode in hospitals to have someone spend their time and comfort them until the end comes. My longest stay, 6 weeks 10-12 hours a day, at my expense....gladly.

For those who dismiss anybody and everybody ie. 'causes', it's a sad commentary on their lives, as they must be full of possessions, but empty of compassion. But I try not to judge what I don't understand. They have their reasons. As the Lord said 'it rains on the just, and the unjust'. You only get one chance at life, try to get it right..

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Private property.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
My efforts are focused on the liberation of this planet's human race from its own suite of destructive reality narratives. While we can't blame anyone else for how completely lost we are as an intelligent, reasoning species, that doesn't mean that everyone deserves to be forever crippled by the kinds of impossible belief systems that have been imposed upon us by the most aggressive, self-assured, and (therefore) stridently ignorant among us.

As far as any need for success is concerned, I don't have to be the one who ultimately transforms the mindset, but if I can be one who "starts that orange" for others to finish, then I'll be okay with that. It's a huge effort, but I definitely gain in simply knowing what I need to know to even be involved in this effort. It's like that ancient axiom "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king". That's true, and that priceless clarity is the real reward for being involved in this effort. No one can hoodwink you, oppress you, or even inconvenience you, and that's a pretty wonderful realization.

Bloody well stated

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

My cause is freedom. Freedom to live your live how YOU want to live it. Only rule is that your actions wont directly or indirectly harm another human or animal.
reply to post by mc4denmark

That should be the only law of the world, nicely said

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I always phrase the same question as "If you won the lottery, what charity would get your first check?"

Me, it would be Canine Companions. First off, they train dogs, who are awesome. Second, it places guide dogs with humans who, no matter who what or how, absolutely deserve the benefit of a guide dog.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The cause I stand for how ever cliche it may be is peace and if the term itself will ever be considered as a reality and not some form of ethereal comfort food or wishful thinking. Which can raise another question that may influence the outcome of out future. Will peace ever be studied and practiced as much as economic development or was the word just invented to keep the concerned distracted from the ever expanding world of moral isolation.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
I'm a Marxist, so my cause is the betterment of humanity.
. Groucho was always my favorite Marx, tho Harpo got all the best lines.....

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Guess I'll share mine.

One I do give money to local homeless people, regulars that I've come to know by name - keeps me humble.

The only organizations that I donate to are the local Waldorf School and KPFK (a listener only supported Pacifica Radio station).

I've donated to a couple of politicians, Dennis Kuchinich (did I spell it right) for one.

Oh and the Organic Pastures Diary legal fund....

Which brings me to the Cause - that would be food freedom and sustainability. This also would include water rights, access and quality.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The establishment of heaven on earth i.e.: the coming of the messianic age - see my signature link for more.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Ecstatic Transhumanity.

I believe the entirety of the multiverse is our dominion, and we collectively share a responsibility to grow it into something wonderful.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm in to conserving nature. Conservation is different in my mind than environmentalism because conservation takes into consideration utilizing natural resources for our needs. abusing nature for profit or for excessive wants is bad. We can't tax nature to death.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Discovering truth and helping others. Of course it's hard to do the latter without the former...
edit on 28-2-2013 by ddaniel because: Rephrase

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join