It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What "cause" do you indentify with?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yes, it is likely that humanity as a whole is a selfish, greedy lot. We all know many churches, companies, celebrities and individuals donate, share and give $ and assistance to charities and causes for different reasons
( tax deductions, good reputation, free card to heaven, obligation, branding and advertising, sales, savior complex, karma points etc)

However, sometimes the intentions and reasons are a bit different. They just resonate to the deepest level of your being. You can't help to gravitate towards these causes and for an instant, someone or something else is more important than yourself.

So, I would like to know....which cause is closest to your heart? The planet? Community? Children? Health? Education? Animal Welfare? etc? and out of your chosen category, any specific ones?

Also, are there any causes you DON'T believe in and would never support? why?

I'll start. I have a weakness for animals. Wild life, farm animals, domestic, you name it. Especially Dogs, cats and horses. I like the smaller shelters and societies, but dislike the bigger well known ones as I believe these charities are in bed with big corporations having huge monetary orgasms.

I don't believe in tithing in church or fundraisers for missionary work. I also don't believe in programs that support the military.

(btw, this is not a topic to promote any particular charity, I'm sure there are rules against it.)

Please share your thoughts!

edit on 27-2-2013 by lupodigubbio because: typo

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

I use to donate to many charities but have narrowed my donations down to the Veterans of Foreign War and the Salvation Army, along with occasional donations to the Southeast Texas Food Bank. By donating to these organizations I see the work that my money is doing with my own eyes in my area. I also do my best to personally help out the people in need of assistance in my own life. My husband and I have housed and fed many people over the years, helped them with transportation and getting jobs, etc. We also help out as many of the elderly and disabled around us that we can, even if it's nothing more than mowing a yard, fixing a window or doing a little shopping for them. Charity begins at home they say, so we put our efforts into helping our neighbors in our community and the communities surrounding us.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't contribute to any cause. My husband gives some money to the local radio station, the college and probably something else.

I do identify with It Gets Better, an encouragement and acceptance program for LGBT youth, but I've never donated to it or done anything to support it. I'd be more likely to get involved in my local high school's gay youth program or something, but I don't.

I guess I'm not a big "cause" person. I'm more a "live and let live" person. But if I had one, it would be "equality".
edit on 2/27/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

My cause is the Truth, i believe if everyone was better informed, the world would be a better place for everyone(including the animals). There are many obvios falsehoods being peddled nowadays in the MSM which dictate the course of humanity, into a self-destructing path. If this is intentional or not, i honestly do not know, but the propaganda needs to be exposed and the vested interests in any issue as well.

We are destroying the planet and ourselves at this rate, and it simply will not hold.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My cause is OPPT, mainly just the BE'ing and DO'ing part and the part where we can all be equal and under no authority except the ones we consent to, but we cant' talk about it here. By all means though, feel free to U2U me and we can chat or whatever. Previously my cause was just raw observation and non-reaction.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

just the BEing and DOing? You're not looking for your gold? Sure seems like you do:

As it happens my wife is due with our 2nd child in late July. My house rental contract is up mid-April. Do you personally feel that before that time things will change to the new paradigm so I can pursue better housing through the OPPT fund distribution, etc? In other words, I know changes are afoot but the timing could be interesting, what is your personal feeling on all this? (I'm asking for your opinion that comes from your gut, not necessarily from those intel sources which have been not so good at time-tables.)

Thanks!

-fourthmeal

removingtheshackles.blogspot.com...

edited to correct the tags and bold the part where you explain your request for a timeline for your gold.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

U2U me for any discussion on this, I'm not talking about it on here because I don't want to see more threads closed. Simple.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My cause is the Urban Guerrilla Freedom Fighters, such as ANON, WIKILEAKS, BANSKY, LINKIN PARK...

There's a war on guys and it's no secret - choose your side!

So shake, shake down, Money, here's the break down
You can play the bank,
Imma play the bank take down!
No mistakes now I'm coming to get ya
I'm just a Banksy, you're a Brainwash
get the picture?

- Until it Breaks - Linkin Park

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
"causes"? None, really. My thoughts and ideals, such as they are, are my own. If someone, or someones, happen to agree with me? That's totally cool.

I'm sympathetic to the ideals of equality, naturally enough. The environment, or the protection of it, is something important to me. But for the most part, I'm a live and let live sort of guy, until such time as it begins to impinge upon my life and those dear to me, then I begin to get mouthy, and active.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
1. Animal Rescue

2. Homeless Vets

3. Wildlife preservation

I wish I had the resources to be more active in my causes, but I do what I can

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
My "cause" is People, I give down and out people money. I know what it's like to be homeless with no hope, no money and needing a drink. I don't judge.

edit on 27-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Charities (unfortunately) are just another scam, another way for the system to suck you in further and suck all of the goodness right out of you. I mean the film "The Matrix" was realy dead on in certain respects...may be in reality, true reality, we realy are asleep in a liquid filled pod, with hoses and wires, probes of every sort are stuck within our comatose physical body.......we are a physical conduit to the energy from somewhere else. Another dimension, another universe......the Source. And.....now that we know this.....and forever remember that I told you this, LOL. We must desire to return to the Source. More mind blowing suprises to come. So sit back and enjoy, ultimately it will be fun.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Charities (unfortunately) are just another scam, another way for the system to suck you in further and suck all of the goodness right out of you. I mean the film "The Matrix" was realy dead on in certain respects...may be in reality, true reality, we realy are asleep in a liquid filled pod, with hoses and wires, probes of every sort are stuck within our comatose physical body.......we are a physical conduit to the energy from somewhere else. Another dimension, another universe......the Source. And.....now that we know this.....and forever remember that I told you this, LOL. We must desire to return to the Source. More mind blowing suprises to come. So sit back and enjoy, ultimately it will be fun.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
@What "cause" do you indentify with?

Services To Others or (STO)

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm a Marxist, so my cause is the betterment of humanity.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
My cause is the gentle sway of the morning sun. A soft sigh when the day's work is done. The laughter of a child yet to be born. The noble cause of a new generation foresworn. My cause would be no more silent tears of the elderly abandoned, by those they lived for and loved. To stand stoutly beside the beaten woman, hit and shoved. I would sing my cause if I had the voice of an angel, to make all wars cease, no more blood shed for the ideal. My cause is Hope and Love for humanity.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The only cause I'm dedicated to is preserving humanities morals.

In recent years, particularly since the industrial revolution, we've been desecrating humanities morals. If karma was real, humanity deserves whatever it gets in the end now.

We've now put £, $ and € above everything else in the world. And it is now more important than the one thing I think should never EVER have a value placed upon it, life.

Preserving humanities morals includes a lot of things, animal welfare (includes humans), equality, conservation, and peace.

Animals simply should not be farmed in the way they are now, their lives no longer have any real value; and as a result we treat them as if they have no right to life, and thus are now commodities. In this way we disassociate from them, and are then perfectly happy to kill millions of animals each year for a society that doesn't need to eat meat anymore. It's immoral to kill anything unless theres a real need to do so, and there just isn't anymore; yes they've been bred specifically to provide food for mankind, but you've been bred specifically to obey your government as a slave, does that mean it's okay?

Equality is simple, no one has the right to live in a certain area more than any one else has the right, unless of course that area isn't big enough to support both lives and you fought for your territory. Yes our territories were once fought for and we have our ancestors to thank for that, but technically that does not give you any right to a country over someone else. The view on immigration in the UK is horrific, so much hatred is directed at those that are simply trying to have the best possible life they can have; which includes moving to a much better off country. Many of them offer a great service to the UK; and yes there are flaws where certain individuals take advantage of the system, but the same is true of British nationals; NO ONE has the right to put others at a loss for their own selfish gain, foreign or not.

Conservation - again if the dollar wasn't more powerful than peoples morality, we'd be living in a much healthier world, we'd be off oil, and onto unlimited renewable energy; and we'd no longer be damaging our planet beyond repair. There's this strange idea that the world does not have enough resources to go around, this just isn't true; again powered by money we are not permitted to have everything we want, because then we'd no longer be consumers.

War - by far the most immoral thing that happens in our world. People actually profiting of other humans dieing is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, and is completely unforgivable.

So yes my cause is changing the morality or 'karma' of the human race, because to be honest, I genuinely think that the planet would be much better off without us, and I'm betting a lot of you would agree with me.
We're fighting a losing battle with ourselves.

There are good people in the world, free thinkers, campaigners, scientists, volunteers, that just want to improve the quality of life for EVERYONE on the planet. But if life was perfect, no one would make any money, because no one would want anything, so why on earth would anyone ever think that the people running the show have any of our best interests at heart?

I don't see how we can come back from this personally, one day the world will really have to wake up like a lot of us here at ATS have; and then somehow we need to find the strength to stand up to those that don't want an equal, safe, and abundant world.

Love you bye,
Alex

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I contribute to the WISH foundation. Mainly because it's for peoples last dying wish. I do however believe we can live our dreams before it gets to this stage and do my best to uplift people in my day to day life to encourage it. For these folks, it's kinda beyond that and that's sad. So I give a little every month for the end game.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
My cause is being tired of all the crap.
I want to try to give moral support to anyone else that is really tired of it too.

We might not agree on the fine details, but we certainly aren't cheerleaders for how great everything is either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join