It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird phone message, Sept 11, 2012, 12.16pm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have a weird phone message from a local Syrian guy I know ( who called me later to apologize that he had left his phone on by mistake (pocket dialed??).

It so freaked me out, yes, it sooo freaked me out. Maybe I have been here too long but I find it sooo disturbing. He changed his phone number days after that and called to give him his new one. Long story but he said he had some 'legal issues' that sounded like self-defense to me but I didn't hold it against him (his story). Soon after, he hasn't called since and frankly because of his 'issues' and baggage with the law I didn't persue further contact nor has he.

The messages sounds like: well, you'd have to hear it to believe it.

Besides that, my question is........can anyone tell me how to download this message from my home phone (no, I have no equipment) but my messages are available online via my account which is Primus (Canada). If I knew anyone here personally I would give them a listen, let them log into my phone to hear this message that I have saved. But, I don't lol, so that is too risky to lose my account password that way.

Is there a way to download that weird frkn message to my computer so I can post it here?? Please let me know.
* remember, I have no fancy eqipment, nor a cellphone. Thanks.

*if I can forward it by some means for you to do so, pls let me know. If I attempt to forward the message it says the recipient must have a ...bla bla something messaging system to accept. uhhg

Did anything odd happen on this past Sept 11 (2012) at that time? I googled and all it mentions is 2001's terrorist attack's memorials in NY.
edit on 27-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Download audacity from the web....
Play the message while recording it on audacity and then youll have a copy...
i suppose you can upload it to a cloud or site which will be available to us via the link youll provide?
should work in theory anyways....
id like to hear it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Only thing I can suggest is put the phone on loud speaker and use the "Sound Recorder" App in your accessories menu and play the message directly into the microphone on your laptop or computer then hit record button.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

can you explain that more please???

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

grrr, my phone doesn't even have a speakerphone option, I have tried to look for it because when I try to listen to this message again and again the noise outside distracts me, if I go somewhere quiet even my phone isn't loud enough and it p's me off. *or my hearing is badddd

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If you're able to get to a link online, inside your account to access the recording? I'd just start by right-clicking that link. Is there an option to 'Save Link As...' or any other save feature in the right-click context menu? If so, it may be that easy for saving it as an audio file (By default, I'd imagine) and getting yourself a copy on your hard drive. I'd recommend just choosing the "Desktop" as a place to save it, since you sound like computers aren't your primary thing for the technical side and that's the easiest way NOT to lose something.

If it means enough to you and that doesn't work...then I may suggest either "Audacity" and "DAK MP3 and Wave recorder". Either of those are complex and sophisticated programs but that isn't what you want them for. They will, fairly easily, record ANYTHING you can physically hear on your PC speaker. Period. I used them a long time ago to record songs without technically downloading them.
In this case, you'd record your voice mail without needing a formal way to download the file.

Hope that helps!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

Did anything odd happen on this past Sept 11 (2012) at that time? I googled and all it mentions is 2001's terrorist attack's memorials in NY.

I believe that the attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya occurred on or about that date.
I just checked.... it was on that date.
Wikipedia: Benghazi
edit on 27-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
ok, the Primus website only holds the last 4 pages of calls (which are long after 2012). The only way I have is saved is on my phone, under 3: saved messages.The site didn't save it (online) only my phone because I haven't erased it yet.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

How about you give us the basics of what was in the message that you found to be strange.

You have me all in tatters now.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

do you not have a camcorder on your cell phone? That would be the easiest way. Simply record it with your phone and upload the video to youtube.

most cell phones also have a voice recorder of some kind, this would also be very easy, simply record and upload somewhere.

If you don't have a cell phone or don't have a cell phone with those features it would be pretty hard for me to believe that you don't know anybody with a cell phone that is capable. Just ask them to help.

You don't need fancy equipment. Even the majority of digital cameras have a camcorder these days. I can't think of a single person I know that doesn't have either a cell phone camcorder a cell phone voice recorder or a digital camera with a camcorder function. Maybe not all 3 but it would be hard for me to believe that you don't have at least one of these things or that someone willing to help you doesn't.

edit on 27-2-2013 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Could you just post a transcript of the message here. If you've listened to it many times, you should be able to type it here fairly easily. I take it, you want feedback on the contents of the message from members.

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Do you have an hands free jack on your phone looks like a small headphone jack? If you do, you can plug it into your "line in" jack on your computer and record the message.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

ok this is a cheapo home phone, I don't have a cellphone., nor does this phone have any extra gadgets.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am really hoping that this isn't a case of 'Bernadine Schnitzel'.

I think we deserve at least an idea of what you found strange.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Just summarize what was said in the phone call, you make a post, get everyone thinking about it, and still havent posted anything that was said in the phone call.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Just summarize what was said in the phone call, you make a post, get everyone thinking about it, and still havent posted anything that was said in the phone call.

You have summed up what is starting to set off my Bernie Schnitzel detector.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Wabbit is currently working on how to access the message to copy it for me.

sorry and thanks for your patience (or impatience)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

if I could write a transcript of this crazyiness, I would, but sorta impossible.

edit: Wabbit could not do the copying because he is currently unavailable to do so.
edit on 27-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
is no one willing to help me access and copy this message??

it seems a Canadian is prefered.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dianashay
is no one willing to help me access and copy this message??

it seems a Canadian is prefered.

It would be nice if you met us half way, by telling us what this message is about.....

What happened to Wrabbit helping you, you posted he was working on it for you.

Des

edit on 27-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join