It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Should Set a Trap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If this belongs somewhere else, please move.

So I was thinking about Project Blue Book earlier and it occurred to me that the US Government's official stance on the subject of UFOs is inconclusive and that they no longer investigate them because they are deemed to be non threatening.

I don't know about all of you, but I don't buy that for a second. So my question is: can we go about proving that they DO in fact still investigate and take this matter seriously? How would you go about doing that?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
We should round up bunch of assh*les and put them in a place. If the Aliens re the proby types, they will surely fall for it!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Haha! Good one!
But I was thinking more along the lines of catching the gov with their hands in the cookie jar, so to speak.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think only way to get that out of the government or special division is to have someone inside whistle blowing. Otherwise whatever an average citizen uncovers would be covered with generic government information.
edit on 2/27/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think we all are pretty sure that they do still investigate regardless of what they say.

I highly doubt they just ignore unidentified radar blips that show up on their screens or however that process works.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
So my question is: can we go about proving that they DO in fact still investigate...

Actually the question is more difficult than that.

Depending on how you count it, 2, 3 or 4 million people "work for" the US Government.
Any one of them could perhaps be a "UFOlogist" (or even an ATS reader) in their spare time and be enthused to write an official document as part of their everyday work. Perhaps these employees hold really important job titles.
If you were to find that document in a FOI search, you'd get exited and show it to the world as "proof", but in reality that doesnt mean "the government" did anything. Just an employee.

Your real question is how to prove people at the very top *who know the truth* still investigate.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Well, I think there is a way to do it but I'd like to see what more of the ATS members think before I detail how.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It wouldn't be much of an official document if someone wrote it as a hobby and probably would have no place in the work place.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
First we need to dig a deep pit with a small island in the centre.
Cover the pit with branches and leaves.
On the little island in the middle we put a smallish papier machè ufo, with smoke n' stuff, and maybe an inflatable alien as a casualty.
See if it attracts the attention of Government investigators.

Then we play the waiting game.
What could go wrong?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

I like your style! A trap worthy of a scooby doo cartoon episode!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
They are not investigating it any more because there is nothing to investigate. Alien life surely must exist elsewhere, but they have not visited Earth

Ask yourself this. Lets assume they have come to visit. That means that they had mastered the speed of light and/or space time bending.

So, they can do ALL that, but..oops! they forget to turn their lights off when hovering above cities etc,,

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Maybe order one of these, modify it, insert some blinking lights, cover it with transparent & serrated cellophane paper and remotely fly it over a populated place, stage a crash into nearby woods and call the authorities. See who shows up and document the information.

Now that would be fun.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

This thread takes for granted that they ARE visiting. But thanks for contributing anyways.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It wouldn't be much of an official document if someone wrote it as a hobby and probably would have no place in the work place.

No, what I mean is that their "hobby" might creep into their workplace.

eg.
An engineer who repairs air traffic control equipment might write a document about UFOs to explain anomalous readings (that all their more experienced collegues call rain cloud scatter).
A Fox Mulder wannabe in the FBI writes up an unusual case of a missing person in a way as to suggest they were abducted. (And the next day get reprimanded for their stupidness, but the file remains in existence).
A high ranking military officer on the verge of retirement as they're dying of cancer writes up a document about UFOs just for the lol's.

All these and many more are examples you may find... that mean nothing whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

OK. That may be true, but it sorta misses the point of the thread. Again, the thread takes for granted that this is a real phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

So my question is: can we go about proving that they DO in fact still investigate and take this matter seriously? How would you go about doing that?

I really don't know how we could prove that TPTB still investigate UFO's and life forms from other planets; but many of us know that they still do.

I am just wondering too...if an average citizen had a very real UFO and alien experience; and word got around to TPTB; how would the real MIB approach that person?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I don't know and honestly I hope I never find out. Seems that they hold a position of very high authority. They'd probably just show up at your house or place of work and threaten you.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator
They are not investigating it any more because there is nothing to investigate. Alien life surely must exist elsewhere, but they have not visited Earth

Ask yourself this. Lets assume they have come to visit. That means that they had mastered the speed of light and/or space time bending.

So, they can do ALL that, but..oops! they forget to turn their lights off when hovering above cities etc,,

Look at the finest cars in the world.
Supercars, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti etc.
The finest most technologically advanced pieces of precision engineering on the planet.
Machines built on over a century of automotive innovation, culminating in a fusion of materials and technology that delivers power, speed and handling beyond the comprehension of the previous generation.

Now look at the assh*les who drive them.
Never discount the possibility of the existence of extra terrestrial assh*les.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by JayinAR

I think only way to get that out of the government or special division is to have someone inside whistle blowing. Otherwise whatever an average citizen uncovers would be covered with generic government information.
edit on 2/27/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

i have an idea. have some kids, raise them to do really well in school, get a career in some type of military intelligence and work there way to the top! then have them spring out with evidence and say "I'VE GOT IT ALL RIGHT HERE!"

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by homeskillet

Wouldn't work for any of us. Haha. In the Government, when you are up for promotions of which will subject you to highly sensitive material, they dig into your family history. They would look at me and say NOPE. Next!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join