It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato admits 'error' in claim of fall in Taliban attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Nato admits 'error' in claim of fall in Taliban attacks

www.bbc.co.uk

US-led military forces in Afghanistan have admitted that an error led them to mistakenly claim a fall in the number of attacks by the Taliban last year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Firstly, this was only posted as a headline in the Asia section of the BBC, but as a snippet much further down than the vastly important "Drinkers sue over 'watered-down' Bud" in the U.S./Canada, and nowhere in the Europe section, which is interesting in and of itself.

This type of propaganda has been used in every war since the beginning of time, but it never ceases to amaze me that in this age of modern information technology the "powers that be" still use it. Then again, it seems to work.

Perhaps the timing of the whole Secretary of Defense nomination has something to do with the timing of this "correction".

Almost every serious analysis of the situation in Afghanistan sees a stalemate as the only possible outcome, but, I guess there are more bombs and guns that have to be sold before this happens.

Remember this from the Vietnam war? (following threats of nuclear attacks by Kissinger if a surrender was not agreed to)

"They could not threaten us for we knew that they could not stay in Vietnam forever, but Vietnam must stay in Vietnam forever." -Nguyen Co Thach (North Vietnam's foreign minister)

Pathetic how history has a way of repeating itself. If our leaders are not psychopaths or blundering idiots (or both!) than I can't see this as anything other than a money-making opportunity for the military-industrial complex.

For, just as in Vietnam, the conflict in Afghanistan is not one of military strength, it is one of endurance, and the Afghan people will be in Afghanistan far longer than any of our soldiers.

Hopefully not all of them will have to die (both Afghans and our soldiers) before our "leaders" realize it.

the Billmeister

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
sure.

Some poor analyst at NATO mistakenly removed a zero at the end of a number of taliban attacks.

So it meant to say there were a 1000, but a damn typo made it look like a 100. An honest mistake.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

I would also like to add...that it's not intentional...it's a simple case of unpunishable incompetence. I hear that thing really goes around in the higher up circles...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Yep... even the BBC put "error" in quotations... that alone speaks volumes!

We now have access to a myriad of confirmed sources proving that government agencies, along with the media, have worked together to pursue their propaganda campaigns, and they wonder why their credibility is shot!?!

It seemed to be accepted when it was to help instill military coups and overthrow governments abroad, but what about them having been proven to be doing it at home as well?

Pathetic!

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

When I heard this story, the first thing that came to mind was the 'inflated' kill numbers that the Department of Defense used during the Vietnam War.
I remember watching Walter Cronkite on the CBS Evening News, every night he would do the Vietnam War segment. In the upper right corner of the screen, they would have the daily totals of how many of 'them' we killed vs. how many of 'us' they had killed.... like football scores.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ok. So we're not leaving in 2014?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Exactly! They are just laying the ground work for a little extension of duty for our troops who are already overcooked in Afghanistan.

Oops!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister

Firstly, this was only posted as a headline in the Asia section of the BBC, but as a snippet much further down than the vastly important "Drinkers sue over 'watered-down' Bud" in the U.S./Canada, and nowhere in the Europe section, which is interesting in and of itself.

This type of propaganda has been used in every war since the beginning of time, but it never ceases to amaze me that in this age of modern information technology the "powers that be" still use it. Then again, it seems to work.

Perhaps the timing of the whole Secretary of Defense nomination has something to do with the timing of this "correction".

Almost every serious analysis of the situation in Afghanistan sees a stalemate as the only possible outcome, but, I guess there are more bombs and guns that have to be sold before this happens.

Remember this from the Vietnam war? (following threats of nuclear attacks by Kissinger if a surrender was not agreed to)

"They could not threaten us for we knew that they could not stay in Vietnam forever, but Vietnam must stay in Vietnam forever." -Nguyen Co Thach (North Vietnam's foreign minister)

Pathetic how history has a way of repeating itself. If our leaders are not psychopaths or blundering idiots (or both!) than I can't see this as anything other than a money-making opportunity for the military-industrial complex.

For, just as in Vietnam, the conflict in Afghanistan is not one of military strength, it is one of endurance, and the Afghan people will be in Afghanistan far longer than any of our soldiers.

Hopefully not all of them will have to die (both Afghans and our soldiers) before our "leaders" realize it.

the Billmeister

www.bbc.co.uk

Our leaders are not idiots they went over there for a reason. Economy stability, to support the drug addiction which is fueling the economy. And to search for relics. What they don't tell you is that with all the equipment the military has stationed over there. They could easily be excavating Atlantean artifacts left over by the survivors and priests of old. There are many a secrets hidden throughout the world. And many a secrets are linked to our survival of the impending cataclysm. Its an archeological race before the final grains in the hour glass fall.

The drones are being used to keep people out of locations they do not want people stumbling upon. Its not to terrorize people, but of the utter most importance that these missions be carried out. If the forces are darkness are worried about the gates being closed. Maybe they are securing their own safety first before they worry about everyone else and the mountains.

new topics

top topics

join