It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss gunman goes postal, kills 2 seriously injures 7

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

The gun ownership you're advocating is rooted in fear not freedom. The freedom aspect is something you have been taught to believe. The sense of security you get with a gun is a false one. True freedom is not living in fear.

I hate disagree but everything in that statement is completely wrong.

Gun ownership is rooted in freedom because George Washington didn't scare the Red Coats to death, he shot them with guns and then wrote into our Bill of Rights the right of the citizens to bear arms if it ever needed to be done again.

No, the sense of security is not a false one, nothing stops a home invasion faster than an AR-15 round to the head. That's not false security, that's real security.

Your right, true freedom is not living in fear, unfortunately, we as a society much like the rest of the world just aren't there yet and because of that those that ignore human history are doomed to repeat it. Lastly, if you think your not going to ever be in danger or have anything to fear because the government takes all the guns from law abiding citizens, you have got a harsh wake up call coming to you my friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Gun ownership is rooted in freedom because George Washington didn't scare the Red Coats to death, he shot them with guns and then wrote into our Bill of Rights the right of the citizens to bear arms if it ever needed to be done again.

You just proved my point, you fear a tyrannical takeover.

No, the sense of security is not a false one, nothing stops a home invasion faster than an AR-15 round to the head. That's not false security, that's real security.

Fear again, a reoccurring theme with gun advocates. How about investing that money in motion sensor flood lights or perhaps big bad looking dog instead? OC spray? Baseball bat? Ever heard the expression "live by the gun, die by the gun"?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

If you live in America and you haven't seen the turn our country has taken slowly but surely since 9/11 and have not been following recent events, new legislation all aimed at eroding privacy, freedom and rights, I don't know what to say....... I have seen all of this and yes, I am afraid of tyranny in this country, I'm very afraid of it and if your not it's only because your not paying enough attention.

Fear again, a reoccurring theme with gun advocates. How about investing that money in motion sensor flood lights or perhaps big bad looking dog instead? OC spray? Baseball bat? Ever heard the expression "live by the gun, die by the gun"?

Motion sensor's get set off all the time in my neighborhood from a multitude of things, nobody gives it a second glance, much like car alarms. Dog's can be dispatched easily, ask the next ATF agent you run into. OC spry and baseball bats are great, they do little to shield you from guns.

I would rather take my chances living by the gun and possibly dying by the gun than living by the flood light and dying by the gun.

Trust me, none of my posts will ever prove the point your trying to make my friend. You talk a lot about fear but which one of us is truly afraid? You are the one trying to sell me on the idea that if I live by the gun, I could possibly die by the gun........ A risk I gladly take because I understand the price of freedom. I respect your opinion but I question your logic.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

And you fear the guns.

I wonder what the explanation of your fear is then.

I think I see a possible connection here.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Trust me, none of my posts will ever prove the point your trying to make my friend.

Oh but they have, your posts are all about fear. You agreed that true freedom is not living in fear so it doesn't matter what type of guns you're allowed to own or how many, as long as you live in fear you will never enjoy true freedom. I rest my case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join