It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss gunman goes postal, kills 2 seriously injures 7

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Swiss gunman goes postal, kills 2 seriously injures 7

edition.cnn.com

(CNN) -- A gunman killed two people and himself in a shooting at a lumber plant near the central Swiss city of Lucerne on Wednesday, local media reported.

Seven people were seriously injured in the attack, Swiss daily newspaper Neue Luzerner Zeitung cited police as saying.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Switzerland, the country with the most guns per capita in Europe, has just had its second mass shooting in just two months. In January a gunman shot and killed three women in the village of Dallion. Hopefully this latest tragedy will be the tipping point for stricter gun control in the country.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Gun politics in Switzerland
edit on 27/2/2013 by cripmeister because: added link

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
People will always get pissed off from time to time and feel like killing someone. Add easy access to a murderous weapon into the equation and you have multiple murders.

Guns facilitate the easy killing of people. Im not saying these people would not have killed without access to guns but guns make it easier to kill more innocent people before the person either gives up or gets killed themselves.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Hopefully this latest tragedy will be the tipping point for stricter gun control in the country.

Why is that? Do you support the idea that fear and the mentally ill should dictate a country's policies? You mention the second mass shooting in two months but how long have they had that many guns? Why so many "mass shootings" now?

Stricter "gun control" will only lead to one thing, taking guns from law abiding people. Mass shootings will continue in spite of it, or will cease because in some cases the government stops funding them because the agenda is accomplished.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion

edit on 27-2-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
its not gun control, its people control.

why are people continuously feeding into the pipedream that the government will care for you? our privacy is all but gone, & when a few people go postal they want the government (who bombs people & really cares for it self) to regulate what firearms they possess?

most of these incidents are from illegally obtained firearms. If you really want a gun in this wartorn culture, you can get one.

Maybe this is humanity's way to express their grief with how twisted society is? Plus a lil pop reduction.
Dont eat the fries or disgusting meat, you wont get away in time.

So many people still "sleeping".

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Hopefully this latest tragedy will be the tipping point for stricter gun control in the country.

Why is that? Do you support the idea that fear and the mentally ill should dictate a country's policies? You mention the second mass shooting in two months but how long have they had that many guns? Why so many "mass shootings" now?

I get the impression that they were being sarcastic.

However you raise an interesting question..

Do you support the idea that fear and the mentally ill should dictate a countries policies?

Fear of the violent mentally ill thief, who would break into your house and rape your wife, steal your dog, abuse the budgie?

Fear of a tyrannical mentally ill government?

It seems one fear dictates what the other fear should not. And it doesn't quite fit.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by skorpius
He is a sock puppet.

Are you seriously calling a member of 4 years, a sock puppet, to your 1 month?

Or do you mean, one of your sock puppets?

I am wondering who starred such an inexplicable post...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
"a shooting at a lumber plant near the central Swiss city..."

That must an error. Are you sure they didn't mean a cuckoo clock or chocolate factory?

-------------

Seriously though, countries with liberal gun ownership laws get hit over and over by mass shooting incidents. Until strict gun control laws are imposed, at which point they stop. Do the new gun controls work, or are the controllers just putting a halt to the covert operations to prove the efficacy of gun control laws? I think the latter. It's all a replay of 'Operation Gladio.'
edit on 27-2-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Wow if this had happened in America this thread would have 50 flags allready..

Hypocrites

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

I believe rational thinking should dictate a country´s policies. Why do people go postal? You tell me. Can we prevent people from going postal?

Stricter "gun control" will only lead to one thing, taking guns from law abiding people.

If that's what it takes I fully support it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I get the impression that they were being sarcastic. However you raise an interesting question.. Do you support the idea that fear and the mentally ill should dictate a countries policies? Fear of the violent mentally ill thief, who would break into your house and rape your wife, steal your dog, abuse the budgie? Fear of a tyrannical mentally ill government? It seems one fear dictates what the other fear should not. And it doesn't quite fit.

I'm not completely sure what your suggesting but I can assure you that it does not matter what the gun control laws are in the United States, even with an outright ban, criminals and those hell bent on murder will kill innocent law abiding citizens with guns.

I don't have to speculate what dictates my country, it's already been outlined for me quite clearly in the Constitution and it dictates we have the right to bear arms. I don't own a gun but if somebody broke into my house to do my family harm, I can assure you they would wish I did because it would be a lot faster and less painful for them.

It is not up to the police to protect every citizen before something horrible happens, it is there job to respond and seek justice, Americans not only need to protect themselves, they should consider it their civic duty. I would also cite you numerous occasions in history where it was necessary to remove or oppose a rogue government because of tyranny but I will just point you to the current administration instead, It illustrates the point quite clearly.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I believe rational thinking should dictate a country´s policies. Why do people go postal? You tell me. Can we prevent people from going postal?

Sounds great! I love rational thinking but unfortunately, criminals and those with mental disorders don't exactly use rational thinking the majority of time, so, that's not gonna work I don't think.

And, you can't really combine government and rational thinking in the same sentence, can you? If you can honestly say yes, well, I'm sure you see no problem with further gun control, from your point of view.

I just don't personally think if that's the case, it's very rational on your part.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Gun control is not the answer. If you actually manage to get rid of every gun, and some disturbed sociopath gets the idea to kill a lot of people, he will find a way to do it. Home made explosives kill even more efficiently than firearms... and in a much more brutal way. The point is you can't eliminate violence by banning a tool of violence; you would have to ban ALL such tools... knives, ball bats, golf clubs, hatchets, anything flammable, all explosives, anything heavy that could possibly be dropped on someone from any height, rope, cable, all motor vehicles and even water... want to ban something that may actually have a positive effect? Ban the pharms given to people by "medical professionals" that turn them into the whack jobs. Insanity IS a business, and the pharmaceutical companies make a lot of money keeping patients strung out on meds... the doctors keep piling on prescriptions and how many of these patients need them to begin with?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I wonder if there is a possibility of it being a manufactured incident? We seem to be having a lot of awfully covenant incidents lately.

Originally posted by winofiend
Are you seriously calling a member of 4 years, a sock puppet, to your 1 month?

Beyond the fact that the board rules don’t allow us to personally attack other posters, which kind of puts the charge of “sock puppet” off limits, no mater how obvious.

How does the age of the account have anything to do with the question of someone being a sock puppet?

I have seen many a sock puppet account that is a lot older than 4 years. To the point that I no longer pay attention to the age of an account to make that personal determination.

One of the things professional sock puppeteers learned a long time ago is a fresh account that quickly dies is a sure sign of a sock puppet, so they have shifted to longer lived accounts a log time ago to avoid that dead giveaway.

I can see many things in the original post that would lead skorpius to make that charge, but that is nether here nor there.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
I wonder if there is a possibility of it being a manufactured incident? We seem to be having a lot of awfully covenant incidents lately.

Convenient? I think it's sad, sad that some people are so emotionally attached to guns that they can't think straight. This is a reality check. Switzerland fortunately doesn't have a powerful gun lobby that pour massive amounts of money into hiding the truth. Unlike in the US there is hope for a rational debate on the issue.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I think it's sad, sad that some people are so emotionally attached to guns that they can't think straight

Not emotionally attached to our guns we are emotionally attached to our rights and freedoms

I think its sad how some people are so scared and so use to not having any rights they think we should just take them from everyone
edit on 27-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

I think it's sad, sad that some people are so emotionally attached to guns that they can't think straight

Not emotionally attached to our guns we are emotionally attached to our rights and freedoms

I think its sad how some people are so scared and so use to not having any rights they think we should just take them from everyone

That is EXACTLY the point TPTB continually miss. Private gun ownership is about freedom... not hunting, not sport shooting, but freedom. Americans have finally started to realize this, and they are damned tired of media and government rhetoric... the cascade of states declaring nullification... criminalizing, through legislation, federal agents or agencies that attempt to enforce any ban in those states; the hundreds of county sheriffs that have publicly stated they will not bow to any federal agent... Gun control, at the VERY heart of the issue, is freedom control. The 2nd amendment to our Constitution is the ONLY reason we still have what rights that we do have. If gun control is "the answer" then move to Chicago... it is working so well there...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150

Originally posted by goou111

That is EXACTLY the point TPTB continually miss. Private gun ownership is about freedom... not hunting, not sport shooting, but freedom. Americans have finally started to realize this, and they are damned tired of media and government rhetoric... the cascade of states declaring nullification... criminalizing, through legislation, federal agents or agencies that attempt to enforce any ban in those states; the hundreds of county sheriffs that have publicly stated they will not bow to any federal agent... Gun control, at the VERY heart of the issue, is freedom control. The 2nd amendment to our Constitution is the ONLY reason we still have what rights that we do have. If gun control is "the answer" then move to Chicago... it is working so well there...

The gun ownership you're advocating is rooted in fear not freedom. The freedom aspect is something you have been taught to believe. The sense of security you get with a gun is a false one. True freedom is not living in fear.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

True freedom is not living in fear.

Then why are you so afraid?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join