It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fruits and Vegetables Through an MRI Scanner...Incredible!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's nice to see something different, other than patients!

I work in the Medical Imaging IT field as a PACS administrator

JT

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I love the pumpkin, it's mesmerizing, hypnotising

Though I do catch myself checking if there are any tumors..

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I think they are awesome and it shows their fractal nature. I am also very aware of the techniques of MRI, here's an example I know of very well, it shows the slices on plates of glass as an outline, when these are lined up they show a 3D effect image.

So, I know about MRI but these are still awesome IMO.

To the posters concerned about the cost, it is from a University Medical Research facility so perhaps it was part of an experiment or they validated the cost somehow.

dapperalchemist.wordpress.com...
This is an MRI slices image of a 2000 year old Egyptian mummy at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford.

edit on 28-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by profundus
It seems like, the deeper we get into things...the more evidence there is, of a Creator. I can't see how everything on and around our planet, perfectly fell into place. Those odds seem astronomical.

Strange I have the exact opposite reaction when I see how everything on different levels subatomic ect is all made up of the same stuff, and even looks the same. Makes me think it all happened from one event, and evolved.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow, this is one of my favourite things ever to watch. They parallel things and I love that. The Broccoli looks like synapses and the tomato just looks like a standard scan of a brain. I love how everything connects like that, something looks like something else, two completely different things. I can think of a million and one things I would love to put through an MRI.
Great post

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wow, it is almost artistic, so very cool.

Hey, looks better than it does when it goes through MY system! LOL

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by moosevernel

Brocolie reminds me of fractals.

The way DNA encodes the growth patterns for plants is actually a fractal equation. It's been studied a lot by computer graphics people. The most important parameters are the branch angle, the length ratio of one segment to its parent segment, and the twist along the segment axis.

www.crocotta.co.uk...

Some other things that have been scanned:

www.quantumday.com...
edit on 2-3-2013 by stormcell because: Added another link

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
nice find that is very impressive!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Nope. No fractals here, move along folks nothing to see.

Very cool, nature always has something inspiring to show us.
Sometimes it just takes a little technology to bring it to our attention.
S&F

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by profundus
It seems like, the deeper we get into things...the more evidence there is, of a Creator. I can't see how everything on and around our planet, perfectly fell into place. Those odds seem astronomical.

Every one of those fruits and vegetables have been altered by man.

Corn looked nothing like it does today, and Bananas where a mess of seeds. And most of the major hybridization of these plants took place a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Explanation: S&F!

Please see further below for comparison with a Non-MRI .gif of a real human body.

Personal Disclosure: Whoah AMAZING!

reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Explanation: St*rred!

Personal Disclosure: I fully agree with you on the flatland comparison!

reply to post by FoosM

Personal Disclosure: Some of what you suggest can be compared with the .gif of the entire human body that I provide further below!

reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Outstanding link!

Personal Disclosure: I here provide a Non-MRI based .gif of an entire human body that was frozen solid and then sliced very thinly one slice at a time and the remainder was photographed ... and thanks to the prisoner on death row who agreed to have that done to their body for medical science after they were executed.

And here is a real world plastinated human body [also donated by volunteers] that has been sliced and arranged for display!

I hope this helps!

edit on 9-3-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join