It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else remember anything from before they were born?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

No need to try and shoot down this thread because of your different beliefs.
Maybe with an attitude like yours they didn't think you deserved to be asked wether you wanted to go- maybe you were forced to go.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I wonder; how many people get asked if they want to go" when it comes to all the hardest, worst, most miserably horrible and torturous existences available?

Perhaps they get to ask "If they want to go", after living the hardest, worst, miserable existence prior? I mean lets face it, after one of those horrendous lives some might opt out if given a choice next time round?

I did give your reply star because I like the way you think and it was a very good question.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
How could you remember what people were talking about if you didn't know how to understand the language yet?

Sorry if someone's asked this already
edit on 28-2-2013 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by k1k1to

For the record, NDEs can be replicated in the lab without ever the need to kill a subject.

NDEs are psychologically subjective states, similar across a large demographic, in respect that everyone has falling dreams. Certain biochemical states and conditions produce reliably predictable results.

In the same way that NDEs can be replicated, the Alien Abduction experience can be reliably replicated too.

Edit: By creating these 2 types of people, regardless of how you want to sing the song, you're creating a privileged Master race, and a sub class of sub-human.

Only REAL people can identify empty shells?
Isn't that a little convenient?

Makes for the rationalization of abuse and exploitation of any number of people all the easier.

I'm sorry, but, no matter how you want to sell it, it's a dangerous belief.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

I agree with you
k1k1to's belief about empty shells is a very dangerous way to think
This is the same type of belief that made animal cruelty ok back in the days
because people were tought animals have no soul therefore they are just animated objects
and we should treat them as objects
I think we should respect all life
not saying we should stop cow or chicken killing but at least treat them respectfully and humanely

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
THANK YOU for this thread... this is one of the most exciting topics I never had the guts to post about on ATS, so I'm super stoked that it's surfaced. Sometimes I think I obsess over what it was like before being born, early life, or how it will be after we die, and I always wonder if our modern scientific, money-driven society forces upon all of us to repress rather important and natural human facilities such as sensitivity to spirit worlds. How must it have shaped the world for early man to grow up seeing monsters or ghosts, and never being told that they don't exist? I'm not saying all science is bad, but like any good scientist I think it's fair to question its fundamental limitations

The only pre-birth experience I can think of is a feeling of stillness for a very long time (yet it wasn't "boring" because I had no concept of space and time), and simply a lot of reds and blues... I'm sorry if that's incredibly vague haha. This image of a simulated universe is the only pic I've come across that even remotely reminds me of the scene: but it wasn't even quite like that-- maybe take that, then turn it red and blue, then make it less bright and less uniform/symmetrical and we're getting somewhere.

I do recall an arial scene floating above my parents when they were in a room having a conversation for a while-- this must have been at least 5-10 years before I was born. Later on in life I found an old photo of them in that very room, dressed in the same exact clothes. Because of this, though, I can't help but think maybe I saw the photo and then had a dream about it when I was little, and forgot or something.

I remember seeing ghosts when I was 2 or so (including one my brother and I BOTH saw-- maybe I'll start a thread on it), having CRAZY dreams, like Cthulhu-like nightmares that terrified me, and also being mortified of other people's loose hair for some reason. I remember feeling like I actively needed to suppress this stuff and calm down or I would die of a heart attack (or in the dreams, my soul would be taken
). Oddly enough, these nightmares only happened when I slept on my left side, facing the wall... anyone know anything about this???

I think someone was asking about a psychologist who did many studies on NDE's-- maybe he was referring to this guy who researched thousands of patients using past life regression techniques?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

*cringe* this might offend some people, but this is the truth.. many native american tribes, and some African tribes as well as some women(there are very few occupied women in existence, only a few thousand)are mostly made up of shells...also known as natural humans

Yeah, consider myself offended. Where on earth did you get this info? It sounds like some Illuminati crap...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I don't believe you and I think your imagination runs away with you.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I don't really remember anything up untill about 7 years old. I dont even remember kindergarden or 1st grade.

My mother told me I tought myself how to read with comic books and I use to take apart things and put them back together in working order untill I was about 5, then I stopped.

I don't remember any of it, it's all fuzzy untill about 2nd grade thats where I start to remember alot of things.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
" I've never been a religious person. I feel like I'm hard wired to not believe in religon even though I know theres more to life then what I know."

This how I feel as well, it is hard for me to put faith in religion, I feel foolish. I guess it is a feeling that is hard to describe, kinda like it's all a play or a movie. I do believe that there is a higher power, I just don't know what it is.

Jus' Sayin'

spez

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I also have a recollection of a time before I was born, but it's not a vivid as yours. It's something that every once in a while pops into my head as a reminder. I remember being in a dark place, pitch black all around, in a sort of waiting station type situation and there were others there I'll call them spirits which is what I think I was as well.
I recall that everyone knew and could recognize each other even though I didn't remember their faces. I don't remember what anyone looked like all I remember was that we all knew each other and could recognize each other.
All that I can recall is that I was supposed to wait there and this other person/spirit would tell me when it was time to go to be born. I remember I was very anxious to get down here and that I jumped the gun and left ahead of time but was told I couldn't leave then because it wasn't time but I went ahead anyway. The same person/spirit told me no because so and so would be angry with me, my guess is that they were referring to who we call God or the creator but I don't remember what name they said I just knew who they were talking about.but I still went ahead..
Anyway I remember being brought right back and told again to wait they'll let me know when it was time to leave to be born. My next recollection was not long after that I was given the go ahead and was sent down here to be born. I remember being told that your parents are chosen for you and that you are sent down as a test. A test for what I don't remember. after that I have no memory of anything else. Except that this would be my last time coming here, that this was my final test. I've also had an out of body experience but I won't go into that here.
It all sounds so crazy to me. I always figured it could have been just a weird dream or nightmare that's stayed with me in the back of my mind all these years. I didn't think anyone else could ever have had the same thoughts. So that's why I've always had this idea that everyone's parent's are chosen for them and that they are sent down here on some sort of test.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I don't remember this but my mother told me as a young child maybe 3 or 4, I used to tell her I'd like to go back into her womb. Apparently I used to say it was warm and I could hear her heart.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

That's an amazing story! Wow, I believe you are probably recalling the time your birth mother was trying to abort you. What an awful memory, it must be agonizing to think your birth mother would do such a thing. Thank goodness for adopting parents. I hope your adoptive parents gave you the love and comfort you needed.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Druscilla's points on recreating NDE's in the brain are moot points, because many of those people who had actual NDE's recall specific information, such as seeing an old Nike tennis shoe on the roof of the hospital, or the brand and serial number on the top of hospital lights, or what was going on at a different floor of the hospital, etc.

On top of that there are scientists that are now considering the possibility of non-local consciousness.

The Strict Materialist based scientific views are dying, and quantum physics are making it possible for the existences of a non-local soul

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I found out something recently that isn't quite a memory - but close.

Last year I went to Romania on vacation. I had been obsessed with the country for as long as I can remember, and when a friend of mine, who is from Romania, went home to visit his family - I begged to go along. So there I was, in the country I wanted to visit more than any other. While I was there, I told the friends I was staying with how much I absolutely loved it, and felt like I belonged there. I knew I could live there if I wanted to. At one point when we were driving up the mountain, I had such severe deja vu, I had to stop the conversation to tell everyone that I must have dreamt about this place or something, because I knew deep in my soul that I had been there before and recognized the land.

Well... fast forward just over a year to this last month. My sister bought the family a genome mapping kit. We got our results back, and the second most prominant geographic location that my genes are most closely related to is... dun dun... Romania! I find it too much a coincidence that I felt so strongly about this place, and then find out my DNA is specifically tied to such a small country.

So yeah - not exactly what you are describing, but every cell in my body knew I belonged there.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Those who claim they remember existing before their body should remind themselves that the functioning brain, the senses, the nervous system, and a functioning living body is required to remember anything.

If you're able to prove this isn't the case, you could perhaps be taken more seriously instead of mildly delusional.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Those who claim they remember existing before their body should remind themselves that the functioning brain, the senses, the nervous system, and a functioning living body is required to remember anything.

If you're able to prove this isn't the case, you could perhaps be taken more seriously instead of mildly delusional.

Those requirements you list are as of now, the basic scientific model based on current understanding, all subject to change based on further/newer discoveries, so you can take that with a grain of salt, considering we don't fully understand consciousness yet, scientifically speaking.

We're just now, slowly breaking out of the old guard that is strict dogmatic materialism realist based science, which had no choice than to start bowing its head to all the quantum physics discoveries.

So no delusion here. By the same logic, we could say that the Wright brothers were delusional when they proposed human flight, when all scientific research at that time was not supporting such a possibility.

Science is going to prove spiritual realities eventually. I think within the next 100 years or so. Its going to revolutionize life on earth!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Can't blame you for thinking that way. Had I not have had my own personal experience, I doubt I could believe it either.
For those of us who have had pre-birth memories, we know it's a fact, as wild as it may seem.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
How could you remember what people were talking about if you didn't know how to understand the language yet?

Sorry if someone's asked this already
edit on 28-2-2013 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

I remember as an infant wanting to be rocked by my Mother. I remember assuming she would know because I was thinking it, as though she should understand telepathy. I remember being very frustrated and thinking I'm telling you, why don't you understand? You should understand. LOL I couln't communicate with words so I just cried.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Those requirements you list are as of now, the basic scientific model based on current understanding, all subject to change based on further/newer discoveries, so you can take that with a grain of salt, considering we don't fully understand consciousness yet, scientifically speaking.

We're just now, slowly breaking out of the old guard that is strict dogmatic materialism realist based science, which had no choice than to start bowing its head to all the quantum physics discoveries.

So no delusion here. By the same logic, we could say that the Wright brothers were delusional when they proposed human flight, when all scientific research at that time was not supporting such a possibility.

Science is going to prove spiritual realities eventually. I think within the next 100 years or so. Its going to revolutionize life on earth!!!!

Then why are there continuously great advances in neuroscience, molecular biology, electrophysiology, computational neuroscience etc.? We are learning more about the nervous system day by day.

This leads us into exciting times where the idealistic philosophies fall further and further out of sight where they can no longer cause the confusion they have caused.

Science cannot prove anything about something that isn't there in the first place. Doing so would only make your spiritual realities a part of that physicalist dogma many seem so scared of.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Knowing the limits of introspection, memory, and other processes of thought, one finds that these 'facts' have very little, if anything, to stand on.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join