It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus : All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Except to become his slave as this is what he desires. He is one of the most prideful beings with such false humility. There is no "sacrifice" for dying if you claim to be an eternal god...

I don't need to repent to any gods for anything. If they don't like me it is THEIR problem.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you're an eternal god, what exactly would you consider to be an appropriate sacrifice?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

A sacrifice is giving a part of yourself or something you own away. God made no sacrifices with the "death" of Jesus as "death" does not exist for an eternal god.

A true sacrifice would be him dying for real (his "eternity")...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

And once this eternal God is gone, what do you think happens to everyone else?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I know some believe believe like you do that the Jews had their chance and now these prophecies aren't going to come to fruition for them, but I disagree.
The "some people" is everyone not in your brainwashing cult.
I think Darby (the inventor of Dispensationalism) was commissioned by Zionists to come up with a set of doctrines to create a political backing for their future push (something planned 150 years before it actually happened) to steal Palestine from the rightful inhabitants to set up their so-called Jewish State.
edit on 1-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

They go on living without him, without his tyranny and control, of course...

God isn't having much affect on the world anyway with all of the death going on and such...

there doesn't seem to be much (if any) divine intervention...
edit on 1-3-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Jesus "gave away" being god.
Jesus is forever a man.
He is a 'glorified' person but so will we be when we are resurrected.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

And once this eternal God is gone . . .
You need to get out of this dead-end concept that Jesus is the one and only God.
It's not even Christian to think that.
Jesus was a god, Paul says that in Philippians, but he emptied himself and became the form of a servant.
As a result of his faithful service, Jesus was exalted above all others by God to the position of Lord, meaning the Lord term given in the Greek Old Testament for the person otherwise commonly known today as, Yahweh.
So Jesus by proclamation is again, at least by title, god.
All through this process there was always God the Father. He never went away, and couldn't, being the All-Mighty.
edit on 1-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by VonDinkinDunken

Thanks for taking to time to answer my post. Please allow me to respond, not against your beliefs, but on behalf of my own.

Jesus was the Son of God or God made flesh.

As are we all.

The reason he was tempted was so that he could endure the same temptations common to mankind and resist thus fulfilling the rigid requirements of the Law. If He was tempted in all areas of the law and overcame every temptation, then he triumphed over the power of the Law to condemn, and over the power of Sin.

While I do believe that the character of Jesus was modeled after a real person, "The Teacher of Righteousness," I don't believe in the Biblical story of the virgin birth, resurrection, human sacrifice or the "special" divinity of Jesus.

The temptation of Jesus is our temptation. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience. In the story, Satan did indeed have ownership of the physical realm he offered to Jesus. Jesus exercised his free will, and choose to feed his spiritual needs, over his physical needs, ie: fasting for 40 days, and eating the "bread" that the angels created out of the rocks.

Similarly, the Buddha also gave up the illusions of the physical realm in favor of the spiritual. When confronted by the god Mara, Mara demanded Buddha to declare who would testify on his behalf, and he named the spirit of the Earth, herself. Likewise, Jesus said that if the masses didn't declare him, the rocks would sing his glory.

And, thus began their ministries.

edit on 28-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Are you referring to this verse?

"When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: 'Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!' 'Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!' Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, 'Teacher, rebuke your disciples!' 'I tell you,' he replied, 'if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."---Luke 19:37-40 NIV

Also, who do you believe Jesus was modeled after?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by arpgme

Jesus "gave away" being god.
Jesus is forever a man.
He is a 'glorified' person but so will we be when we are resurrected.

Dewey, does you interpretation of who Jesus is change based on how you feel each day when you wake up?

Can you possibly contradict yourself any more?

Here's a quote you made on the first page of this thread...

It means that Jesus is now god.

The old "god of this world" has fallen, and been replaced, with the practical application being that we no longer are obligated to worship or serve that god.

You've become impossible to understand and communicate with, clear down to the definition of who Jesus is and what the term Christian is. I'm going to have to pass on any future comments to your posts.

edit on 3-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Dewey, does you interpretation of who Jesus is change based on how you feel each day when you wake up?
No.

Can you possibly contradict yourself any more?
I'm not.
You need to understand that the propaganda that you were brainwashed with is simplified and dumbed down to the lowest denominator, so you are not used to complex thinking, but repeating slogans on cue.
You just need to go back and read the pertinent verses in the New Testament until you can understand it.
And of course forget the lies you have been told by your cult's "prophets".

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

So, instead of answering the question, you just decide to criticize me.

How does that make you look intelligent? If you want to look intelligent, answer the question.

How did you get from "Jesus is now a god" to "Jesus gave away being god"?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So, instead of answering the question, you just decide to criticize me.
I thought those were rhetorical questions leading up to the punch-line of you ignoring all my future posts.

How does that make you look intelligent?
I don't post here for the purpose of being superior.

How did you get from "Jesus is now a god" to "Jesus gave away being god"?
It's not a product of my 'superior intelligence' but understanding normal Christianity.
I don't understand your defense of the cult, as if you and the cult are one, where if I criticize the cult, I am also criticizing you.
This should be an indication to you that you actually have been brainwashed and do belong to a cult.
What I am talking about is Paul's letter to the Philippians. You should be familiar with that, if not, you should work at correcting that deficiency.

who though he existed in the form of God
did not regard equality with God
as something to be grasped,
but emptied himself
by taking on the form of a slave,
by looking like other men,
and by sharing in human nature.
He humbled himself,
by becoming obedient to the point of death
– even death on a cross!
As a result God exalted him
and gave him the name
that is above every name,
so that at the name of Jesus
every knee will bow
– in heaven and on earth and under the earth –
and every tongue confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord
to the glory of God the Father.

edit on 3-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I'm familiar with the verses you posted and I agree with them. Obviously, the way you communicated it was much different and didn't sound at all like the verses you posted.

ETA: Honestly, I'm not sure you even understand the verses you posted after looking at them again. The fact that you claim that Jesus is just a "glorified person" is off the mark. He was the only begotten Son of God.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I don't think Jesus is "just a glorified person".
What I mean is that it doesn't say in Philippians 2 that Jesus was restored to the form of god.
As far as I know, he is still in a human form, just glorified.
Jesus is Lord by proclamation and God will see to it that eventually all will acknowledge him as that.
Now scholars who study this take "Lord" here in a way that the King James Bible translation uses "Lord" to describe who a lot of people think of as "God" in the Old Testament.
A book I recommend reading is, A Hymn of Christ: Philippians 2:5-11 in Recent Interpretation & in the Setting of Early Christian Worship, by Martin.
I have the Google Play version which means I can read it online. I usually go with whatever is the least expensive way in order to get the highest number of books for my money.

edit on 3-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

What I mean is that it doesn't say in Philippians 2 that Jesus was restored to the form of god.

If you'll notice in Revelation 21 (when referring to the new heaven/earth) , there is no more mention of the name Jesus and everything says that the throne belongs to "God and the Lamb". It also mentions the "Lamb's book of Life".

Revelation 21

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 22

1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

. . . there is no more mention of the name Jesus . . .
That is not something peculiar to just that section.
Most of Revelation never mentions the name, Jesus.
What to me John is describing is a throne that somehow is designated as, God's, but doesn't necessarily have God on it, but seems to be on loan to something called, The Lamb, which I take as being human.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

You do realize that the Lamb is Jesus, right? And it's not because the Lamb is human. It's because the Lamb has been with God from the beginning.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It says that there is a "book of the lamb" that has apparently always been around.
I missed the part where it says the lamb is Jesus.
Maybe you can point out where it says that.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."
-Matthew 28:18
These are the words that Jesus spoke when he appeared to the 11 disciples after his resurrection.

Being given authority over the earth, is obviously a big deal. So if the Bible tells us Jesus was given authority over heaven and earth, then its as good as saying Jesus started ruling the world.

Jesus had mastered and transcended the earth realm via the Indivisible Divine Spirit Light above. He understood that the earth is just one realm, and that what is senior is above this realm. Having realized the Divine Light that is above this world, he confessed being one with the Father because such realization is absolute absorption in God. He also was Master to his followers and blessed and initiated his disciples with the gift of the Divine Spirit Light. He understood that God is not the Great Other that the Old Testament presumed, but God the Father and he are one. He also taught that no one is separate from God as illustrated in this quote:

John 17:20-26
New International Version (NIV)

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

25 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you[a] known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

The authority Jesus speaks of is his being able to transmit the Divine Indivisible Eternal Light of God to all who prepare themselves with real devotional surrender to God and through loving all beings as oneself - i.e., living in accordance with his two great commandments:

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a]

31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

Jesus walked the earth as Spiritual Master, not as some Great Other that was going to magically cure everyone's problems. Man has created the idea that God is the Great Other, but Jesus demonstrated and granted non-separation from God through his Blessing and initiation into esoteric practices regarding the Spirit Breath and Light.

Such was his authority and mastery over the conditional realms of earth and heaven, and his message is essentially an esoteric message relative to God as the Light above, and how to prepare the body-mind for this reception through love. Unfortunately, the esoteric aspects of Jesus' great message were mainly driven underground by the Romans when Christianity became their official religion. Hopefully, more and more Christians can re-discover these esoteric gifts their master revealed for all.

edit on 3-3-2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join