It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus : All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Jesus may be reigning for us right now, but he still needs to fulfill the promise to the Jews too and that includes being their King here on earth for a time.
According to what or who?
Sorry for the short post but your claim needs some substantiation.
I've heard this theory from NOTurTypical, over and over, but with no evidence that made any sense to me.
It's a theory exclusively held by Dispensationalism.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

And the kingdom stands today and needs no 'ushering in'.
Jesus is ready to be Lord of anyone who wants to accept him, today.

Thats highly debatable.
I'd say the kingdom is not here yet... because Christianity is under the secular law, which allows for people to mock Christianity and Jesus.

If thats is what the kingdom was meant to be, then its a bit of a disappointment, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Its like a king saying he has authority over a certain kingdom but refrains from ruling it.... thereby allowing the kingdom to fall into the hands of evil men who lay it to waste.
There are perfectly legal means at our disposal to fix that, we who do recognize the Lordship of Jesus.
Too many people let it slip into ruin because they have been deceived into believing that God has ordained it to go into ruin so He can have a good excuse to burn the place up.
edit on 28-2-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If thats is what the kingdom was meant to be, then its a bit of a disappointment, don't you think?
It is, like you say, disappointing but it is from a human stubbornness and not easily overcome.
It's time that people get away from the defeatism that has been planted like a cancer into society, this feeling of the inevitability of failure.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I hardly think it is Jesus that is causing all of the trouble in this world, more like corrupted humans. Just because Jesus has authority over the Earth according to the OP doesn't mean that people have to honor his authority.

Of all the deities in the western theology, my favorite is Jesus - so stop giving him smack ha.
edit on 1-3-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CashStronomer

Thank you for your explanation. I appreciate it.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well the reason why this world has not transformed into a perfect utopia is because sin is still alive on this planet. Before Jesus, sin was birthed, which caused wars and such.

Good question what he really meant though. I think our free will corresponds with his authority very well though. The Bible has Jesus' commandments, which means we shall follow them, if we love Jesus at least. It means that his law has more authority than the government's and parent's laws.

We still have free will, and because sin is birthed, we have a free will and temptation to sin and commit pleasure to our flesh. If we follow Jesus' authority we are promised many rewards on Earth and in Heaven.

So it does make sense if you regard our free will to follow Him and the birth of sin. If everyone followed Jesus' commandments all at once and never sinned, this world would transform into a utopia considering that there is enough wealth and food to shelter and feed everyone here on Earth.

Of course, we have people that don't search for Jesus and commit in sin everyday, which even causes followers of Jesus to sin.
Jeremiah 29 verse 11-14 if anyone wants to know how to find God.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
"Jesus : All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me"

And then he died.

/thread

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

"Jesus : All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me"

And then he died.

/thread

ummm... Jesus said that AFTER his "resurrection".

Might help to first know the scripture that you are trying to mock.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

So he's still alive then is he? I wonder, is Jesus on Twitter? The Pope is!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dollarbar

If everyone followed Jesus' commandments all at once and never sinned, this world would transform into a utopia considering that there is enough wealth and food to shelter and feed everyone here on Earth.
I agree.

The explanation for what Jesus meant in the verse quoted in the OP is that before Jesus was, the authority was a "god" who demanded everyone on earth to at least once a year, go to Jerusalem and give an offering at the temple.
We have a higher standard now, after the supporters of that self-serving doctrine showed what they were really about, by murdering Jesus.

edit on 1-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It is, like you say, disappointing but it is from a human stubbornness and not easily overcome. It's time that people get away from the defeatism that has been planted like a cancer into society, this feeling of the inevitability of failure.

Dewey, that cancer was planted by God to get people to turn to him and away from the ways of the world. The times that we live in were all spelled out in the Bible, so why do you act so surprised?

ETA: Oh yeah, I forgot I was speaking to someone who thinks that there's no prophecy left in the Bible and everything has already happened. The reason the Bible is so viable today is because history is getting ready to repeat itself for not having learned anything.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Dewey, that cancer was planted by God to get people to turn to him and away from the ways of the world.
That is a doctrine you believe for no other reason than your faith in a cult.

The times that we live in were all spelled out in the Bible, so why do you act so surprised?
We live in the New Age that the Bible predicted and that Jesus proclaimed as the Gospel, the Kingdom of God.

The reason the Bible is so viable today is because history is getting ready to repeat itself for not having learned anything.
Something people are fully capable of doing without any help from God.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

All I can suggest is to keep your eyes on Israel and current events in the Middle East. There's a reason this region is causing so much turmoil, even today.

Let me know if you think these events in Ezekiel 37 have already happened. The reason I say that these events will unfold on earth is due to the mention of the land and the mention of people multiplying during this time period, the one I believe is the millennium spoken of in Revelation.

Ezekiel 37

11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

28 And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

edit on 1-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Jesus has no AUTHORITY as he is a FALSE god. He seeks control and the only AUTHORITY that he has is the one that he has to STEAL since it has NEVER been "given" to him in the first place...

Why not??

Because it exists in FREEDOM.

So many people are possessed by such aggressiveness and try to get others to become controlled by this entity as well - ESPECIALLY when they are feeling bad about them selves. They pray on the WEAK and VULNERABLE.

Jesus has NO authority. FREEDOM is the Way, the truth, and the life...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

At one time, I thought you created a thread asking for forgiveness for all of the bad or negative things you ever said about God and Jesus. I'm not sure what happened to you in your search for God, but if you were being haunted or visited by spirits or reptilians that scared you or pressured you, these were not messengers of God. There is a fight for your soul and these spirits will go to any length they can to deceive you, even disguising themselves as messengers of God.

2 Corinthians 11:13-14

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Let me know if you think these events in Ezekiel 37 have already happened.
Does that happen after the heaven and earth get burnt up?
Funny that Ezekiel leaves that part out.
So, there are "heathen" in the new world, forever?
After the Babylonian exile of the "Jews", there was an opportunity granted for a restoration as Ezekiel suggested.
Of course we know how that ended, they murdered "David", then fought the "heathen" on their own, and were destroyed and cast out of the land for two thousand years.
So the "prophecy" was an alternative universe that could have been, but now never will.
Plan B kicked in and now we have a universal "Israel" which is everyone in the world who believe in Jesus, they are now Gods Chosen People, so says the New Testament, and so say I.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

. . . try to get others to become controlled . . .
You are probably thinking of certain people calling themselves Christians, and not Jesus himself.
Jesus would never have you do anything bad.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Let me know if you think these events in Ezekiel 37 have already happened.
Does that happen after the heaven and earth get burnt up?
Funny that Ezekiel leaves that part out.
So, there are "heathen" in the new world, forever?
After the Babylonian exile of the "Jews", there was an opportunity granted for a restoration as Ezekiel suggested.
Of course we know how that ended, they murdered "David", then fought the "heathen" on their own, and were destroyed and cast out of the land for two thousand years.
So the "prophecy" was an alternative universe that could have been, but now never will.
Plan B kicked in and now we have a universal "Israel" which is everyone in the world who believe in Jesus, they are now Gods Chosen People, so says the New Testament, and so say I.

Dewey, my computer doesn't want to answer you! Everytime I try to post a reply, the screen goes white and locks up and never posts my posts! Sigh, let me try again.

The millenial period will take place before the earth is burned up and replaced with a new heaven/earth.

The "heathen" according to the Bible, refers to people and nations who are not Jewish. So, yes, there will be heathen in the new world forever.

I know some believe believe like you do that the Jews had their chance and now these prophecies aren't going to come to fruition for them, but I disagree.

Ezekiel 39:27-29

27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;

28 Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.

29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

I believe the Jews will be given another chance. In fact, I think part of the point of the stories in the Bible is that God is capable of bringing anyone who rejects him back to him if he so chooses. And since we are living in a "universal Israel", we all may be given that same chance when the Lord "pours out my spirit" upon the "house of Israel". However, I don't believe that means that everyone will accept that spirit against their will. He'll make himself known and then, as always, it will be up to us to accept him or reject him for the last time.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Why is that the Bible tells us Jesus received authority over earth 2000 years ago and our world still remains a # place?

What part of ... Authority doesn't equal utopia ... don't you get?
It's very simple. God is allowing creation to unfold as He wishes.
All through history God has allowed evil and sin and illness.
He was in charge then ... He's in charge now.

ETA ... and if you are tired of the world being a #place ... then perhaps you would like to speak to those who are making it such. You can start with the religious fanatics who thump their qu'rans and bibles and say that whoever doesn't believe like them are going to hell or should be killed off ...

edit on 2/27/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

If your jesus is reigning in heaven and on earth then it is he who is responsible for making/letting this world be such a place. So if you want him to talk to the one(s) responsible for this then you are reverting him to go and talk to your jesus again.

Unless you manage to make up your mind on who is running and is responsible for this place...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join