It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus : All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

jmdewey60, I think it would be best for you to refrain from claiming who does or does not have the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. Your interpretation of the Bible is worse than that of any Jehovah's Witness that I've seen, yet I would never tell you that you only "think" you have Jesus Christ as your Savior.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Remember, God doesn't infringe on man's free will like men do! All the wrong we see in this beautiful world is in direct result of all our wrong doings, what we sow so shall we reap!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by mplsfitter539

Jesus Christ has authority on earth and in heaven. We on the other hand do not get perfected until after our resurrection. This existence that we call life is actually death. Death is what we inherited from our first father Adam. The last Adam brought life so that after we put off this corruptible body (carnal flesh) we can become like Him. The catch here is we have to shed this carnal piece of flesh before that begins to happen.
We are perfected and glorified in this life by sanctification, according to Paul in the New Testament.
The change at resurrection is purely physical.
The spiritual change has to happen in this life, or we don't get the physical, to have immortal bodies.

True we are justified and are being sanctified in this life but we are not fully glorified until the resurrection. It is a process that takes levels and stages to acquirer. Think of it like Passover first then Pentecost and then finally Tabernacles. We are to be looking forward to the last period, Tabernacles, now. This was a time when Israel lived in booths as we are to be doing now, we need to understand that this body is only temporal. Our father teaches us one stage at a time.
Isaiah 28
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Remember, God doesn't infringe on man's free will like men do! All the wrong we see in this beautiful world is in direct result of all our wrong doings, what we sow so shall we reap!!

I have not found this concept in the bible. My bible says that God is sovereign which means He can do anything He sees fit to do. God is the only one with free will, you only think you have free will and therefore you believe you have free will but that is not what the Word says.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

I do not say this out-right very often, but what you have said is alarmingly wrong, incorrect and not Truth. What you have written is a stumbling block to the unlearned and I pray that no one is influenced by it lest you not only have to give an accounting of your careless words, but for the well-being of someone's soul as well.

An axe will be taken to all trees that bear rotten fruit, thus I suggest you fertilize and water deeply.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Why do you say this? I admired SubAce's post as it was well thought out, well documented and certainly echoes the story and the prophecies the way I remember them being explained by evangelicals to a tee!

What about this post do find to be a stumbling block?

Although, as another posted said, and I agree, it's all science fiction, and allegorical for our own "hero's journey.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

In my personal opinion, a stumbling block (according to the Bible) is someone who leads another into sin. Will SubAce's post lead anyone into sin? I don't think so. If we wanted to consider every questionable interpretation of the Bible as a stumbling block, us Christians alone would be tripping each other up every day, but it's not going to lead anyone into a life of sin.

The bottom line is, we all learn from each other. You're free to take any of SubAce's interpretations and give your opinion on them. SubAce's heart's in the right place. I may give jmdewey grief often, but I know he reads the scriptures and he tries to make sense of them.

I think the hardest part for all of us to remember (including myself) is that what we hold onto or throw away from someone's else's argument is what we're supposed to hold onto or throw away for that moment, based on where we are in our walk with God. People who have eyes to see and ears to hear, will only see and hear what God intended them to at the moment they see and hear it anyway....and I'm betting that our eyes and ears get sharper as we mature in Christ.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDinkinDunken

Thanks for taking to time to answer my post. Please allow me to respond, not against your beliefs, but on behalf of my own.

Jesus was the Son of God or God made flesh.

As are we all.

The reason he was tempted was so that he could endure the same temptations common to mankind and resist thus fulfilling the rigid requirements of the Law. If He was tempted in all areas of the law and overcame every temptation, then he triumphed over the power of the Law to condemn, and over the power of Sin.

While I do believe that the character of Jesus was modeled after a real person, "The Teacher of Righteousness," I don't believe in the Biblical story of the virgin birth, resurrection, human sacrifice or the "special" divinity of Jesus.

The temptation of Jesus is our temptation. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience. In the story, Satan did indeed have ownership of the physical realm he offered to Jesus. Jesus exercised his free will, and choose to feed his spiritual needs, over his physical needs, ie: fasting for 40 days, and eating the "bread" that the angels created out of the rocks.

Similarly, the Buddha also gave up the illusions of the physical realm in favor of the spiritual. When confronted by the god Mara, Mara demanded Buddha to declare who would testify on his behalf, and he named the spirit of the Earth, herself. Likewise, Jesus said that if the masses didn't declare him, the rocks would sing his glory.

And, thus began their ministries.

edit on 28-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

this is not a test, it is a WAR! A war for men's souls. Satan and his angels are fallen to earth and we have the ultimate choice to make: self-will run riot or having love for our neighbors.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Revelation 12:9 The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.
New International Version ©1984 by Biblica

A group of intelligent entities seeking our undoing should not be considered too improbable, anyone remember Soviet Russia?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by goldspirit

Who hurled the dragon to Earth? Why Earth? Was this "hurling" done before or after Adam and Eve were expelled from the garden?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

. . . refrain from claiming who does or does not have the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior.
Jesus came to save the world, so at least theoretically, everyone has Jesus as a savior.
I'm just saying, anyone waiting til they get to heaven before acting like a Christian are not going to have that opportunity.
That's something for the individual to consider.
Here was someone spelling it out why we can't have 'utopia', because of some weird interpretation of this obscure book of signs and symbols.
Revelation says those who 'follow the lamb' will be saved, that means accepting persecution for your faith, and righteous living.
Being saved is not based on giving an intellectual assent to a philosophical idea about what might happen in another world.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Could I not ask you how the Big Bang started out the size of a peanut? From whence did it come?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I linked back to the wrong post.

I was talking about the post you made before the one I linked.

I know you don't like the Jehovah Witness point of view, but just because someone interprets the Bible to say that Satan has the most control of this world right now doesn't mean that Satan is their god. You could have pointed out why Jesus has power over Satan, even now, without resorting to that.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mplsfitter539

It is a process that takes levels and stages to acquirer.
You are sanctified when you accept God's sanctifying spirit, the spirit that does the perfecting, and nowhere does it say you are only glorified in the resurrection.
What you said was, to quote you again, "The catch here is we have to shed this carnal piece of flesh before that begins to happen." That is absolutely wrong.
Now you can quote the Old Testament all you want and go on about Israelite festivals but you aren't grasping the Christian message as given by the Apostles in the New Testament.
Jesus said, "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
And that comes out that way in every translation.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldspirit
reply to post by windword

Could I not ask you how the Big Bang started out the size of a peanut? From whence did it come?

Is the "dragon" the Big Bang?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

mplsfitter539 said "fully glorified", not sanctified.

I think you misunderstood.

edit on 28-2-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You could have pointed out why Jesus has power over Satan, even now, without resorting to that.
Maybe but the problem I think is that I should point out that I don't mean them in particular, as much as whoever invented this sort of cult belief of Dispensationalism, and the main people pushing that philosophy. I think those people worship Satan.
People who are duped into that cult need to wake up to the horror of it, claiming Jesus doesn't rule and sits idly by in order to allow Satan to control the world.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The problem is, you believe everything is a cult belief.

Why don't you help us understand where you are coming from by telling us what it IS that you believe in, that would be much quicker to break down that what you don't believe in.

What do you practice or study?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

mplsfitter539 said "fully glorified", not sanctified.
He said, "We on the other hand do not get perfected until after our resurrection."
Hebrews 12:14 Pursue peace with everyone, and holiness, for without it no one will see the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God did not call us to impurity but in holiness.
When Paul is talking about his not being perfect in Philippians 3, he means that previously, before "being taken hold of" by Jesus, he thought he was perfect, based on the 'credentials' attainable by carrying out works of the Law, in other-words, doing these things that only serve for outward show. He realized that there was a real form of righteousness based on the faith in Jesus, something he was striving at to gain true perfection.
Apparently he is addressing other people who thought they had reached perfection, but he's not telling them that they can't, in fact he is saying he wants to become perfect himself in order to gain the privilege of being resurrected.
Nowhere does the New Testament relegate perfection to the afterlife.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join