It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus : All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The same arguments day in and day out and it's very easy to forget the whole story and only put a verse in it and twist the meaning. He has the power but its mans heart that has to grow and endure even through the bad things. A mans heart is weak and prone to envy,greed and kind of spoiled and ignorant.

Luke 12:51-52

We are divided because we can't agree on anything and this very thread is proof of the division and not because he is Satan but we can't see past our hypocrisy to understand the true meaning of his teaching.

You are like a human who is standing in the fog calling out for help and if you listen carefully you can hear a voice call out to you, but if you no ears to hear you won't know where that voice is coming from. Christ is the light house that will light the way through the fog past the jagged rocks. the jagged rocks and trials are the things here on earth and are filled questions and doubt but if you search high and low, you would of found him inside you all along.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Assuming I believed in the bible first off..

Just because he says All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me doesn't mean that he would make the earth a peaceful utopia, it just means he has authority. It is an assumption that he would make it a utopia, but maybe he didn't want that for whatever reason. I could argue from a believers stand point that maybe he left it as is so that we had something to learn from, something to strive to become.. to be better, to learn not to be awful on our own, ect...

OR.. the bible is just nonsense written by men.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Just because he says All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me doesn't mean that he would make the earth a peaceful utopia, it just means he has authority.

Actually, it does.

Because according to the Bible, Jesus establishes peace on earth once he reigns over it.
But we see that Jesus was already given authority over earth..... shortly after his resurrection. Yet, the world remains a lousy place. Why is that? I am asking a rather direct question.
edit on 27-2-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by FlyersFan

Why would you think that suddenly everything would be transformed into a peaceful utopia?

Because thats what Christians believe would happen after Jesus returns as a conqueror ..

Jesus having all authority in heaven and on earth is VERY different from Him 'returning as conqueror'. That's two different things. As I said ... God has been in charge forever and will be forever .. that doesn't stop sin or illness or the massive theological errors that billions of people on this planet subscribe to. He hasn't stopped it at any time while He has been in charge. When Jesus returns 'as conqueror' ... that's a whole different timeframe.

There is a genuine problem there.

Yep .. muslims posting thread after thread trying to make Christians think that Jesus isn't God and that, somehow, Islam got the Jesus information correct even though Islam was fabricated 600+ years after jesus was on earth.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reply to post by MaMaa

Just because he says All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me doesn't mean that he would make the earth a peaceful utopia, it just means he has authority.

Actually, it does.

Actually .. it doesn't.
Authority doesn't equal utopia.
It just means AUTHORITY .. and that He runs things as He sees fit.
He is letting creation .. with all it's faults .. unfold for now.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

..i dont think your intention was to make a call-out thread, Scorpion.

look please
- from my limited understanding -

...you know the phrase ' as above so below'... right

When He said He earned the keys, it is true, but as in " spiritual Legal law "
everything in the spiritual world goes by Laws
....this is why satan has so much power still: because he can only rule, when too many souls believe in Lies.

yes He has the keys -
but He needs SOULS to realize that, de facto
in realtime

...it is 1 thing, to have won the keys according to spiritual laws,
but its quite another, for the souls who belong to Him, to realize it 'de facto ' .

hence,
in Rev 12,
it tells "...NOW has come the Kingdom "

...because , by that time, soon,
He will have collected enough souls, who made the DeFacto realization of the Kingdom possible.

hope that helps

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Authority doesn't equal utopia.

Authority doesn't equal utopia if its Adolf Hitler or Pol Pot holding authority. But we are talking about Jesus here.

Christians seem to believe earth is transformed into an utopia once Jesus starts ruling... meaning Jesus has authority over our planet.

Why is that the Bible tells us Jesus received authority over earth 2000 years ago and our world still remains a # place?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

please see above.

...satan knows very well, that, according to spiritual Legal Law, he has lost.

This is why he persues furiously the SOULS -
because he wants to hinder getting the kingdom realized De Facto [ by them ] .

you see ?

...he cannot 'undo' the spiritual victory
but he *sure can* hinder the de facto realization.

That is his only 1 chance-

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

He was talking about the for fillment of the prophecy that was told in OT

Daniel 7:13-14

New International Version (NIV)

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Some of his flock choose a different paths and choose not to accept him and will deny him, you and i both know that free will place a big part in this in the same way you allow your children to grow, some won't and some say it's all a fairy tale but in the end all of humanity will be on it's knees.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
..in autumn 2004
when i was solitary 3 days,
He chased 7 + 3 evil beings out of me

think the isis type

it wasnt 'exorcism' as one thinks of
with a shouting person summoning

no

...He said but 1 word
and the things carreened out like hit by a bullet.

..and He did not even 'shout '
just Said the word.

utter, ultimate Authority.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
....little did i know,
that the real war was to START from that autumn..?

i thought,
it was the End of a timeframe of opression and depression

but it wasnt
- Each single one of them 'things'
having names, which were their nature,
came and battered, the following years

- hence the answer to your thread Scorpion ;
that it appears, that first a spiritual stance is made,
a stance in the spiritual world

...which has to be like ' worked out ' in this reality.

bless

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
you, who came to ATS,
realized that this world is Lying to you.

This is the reason, you came onhere.

this world Lies to you
msm does
...everyone does.

...and He is waiting for you, to FIND OUT the Lies.

because that is why you are here.

..and, in the end of the road, He is waiting for you.

- if you want to -

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Why is that the Bible tells us Jesus received authority over earth 2000 years ago and our world still remains a # place?

What part of ... Authority doesn't equal utopia ... don't you get?
It's very simple. God is allowing creation to unfold as He wishes.
All through history God has allowed evil and sin and illness.
He was in charge then ... He's in charge now.

ETA ... and if you are tired of the world being a #place ... then perhaps you would like to speak to those who are making it such. You can start with the religious fanatics who thump their qu'rans and bibles and say that whoever doesn't believe like them are going to hell or should be killed off ...

edit on 2/27/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

reply to post by MaMaa

Actually, it does.

Because according to the Bible, Jesus establishes peace on earth once he reigns over it.
But we see that Jesus was already given authority over earth..... shortly after his resurrection. Yet, the world remains a lousy place. Why is that? I am asking a rather direct question.

Why is that.... I assert it is because the bible is nothing more than the works of man. It isn't something anyone can prove was inspired by God or written by him through people.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
He does have authority over heaven & earth, over everything. Jesus is God, in flesh. Jesus was sent for one reason, which we all know, He set us free from all sins. We worry too much over the flesh, and we forget what lies after we pass on. Its what lies beyond this life, eternity, and there He has authority, too. We had to be set free first so we may join our Father when we leave here. And Jesus will be back here on earth, one day, again.

Jesus said:
"The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received authority from my Father. And I will give him the morning star." Revelation 2:26-28

Still, He always prayed to our Father while on earth. He walked in 100% trust, faith and perserverence in The Father's Name.

Another thing is that Our Father gave all of us authority. But, it comes down to faith. We are all part of our Father.

YOU Have Authority:
"Behold, I give unto YOU power (Authority) over serpents and scorpions (demonic powers), and over all the power of the enemy (even Satan): and nothing shall by any means hurt you." [Lk:10:19]

"YOU shall also decree a thing and it shall be established unto you and so light will shine on your ways. When they cast you down and YOU SAY 'Exaltation shall come!" then He shall save the humble person." [Job 22:28-29]

"Truthfully I say unto you, Whatsoever YOU shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever YOU shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." [Mt:18:18]

"Let us hold fast the profession (Confession) of our faith without wavering (the words that we speak); (for he is faithful that promised
" [Heb:10:23]

"Cast not away therefore your confidence (faith and trust in Him and His promises), which has great recompense (promise) of reward (results)." [Heb:10:35]

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Added

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
He created it, He has had authority over it since the moment of creation.

Think of the sun. It's an enormous glob of raw energy. The sun gives us light. The light travels from the sun to here, but it came from the sun. It is a part of the sun that manifests itself as light.
The sun gives us heat. The heat travels from the sun to here, but its source is the glob. It is an inherent part of the sun which manifests itself as heat.
We can't look at the sun or go near it, but we can interact with its light and heat.

God is only one, there is only one Almighty God. One.
He chose to create so He could interact with it. We interact with Him through His manifestations, Jesus & the Holy Spirit. He speaks to our spirit through His Spirit. He interacts with our flesh through Jesus. They are all essentially Him, but the Holy Spirit & Jesus manifest themselves as extensions of the "Holy Glob" so to speak. (Forgive me Father, for You are truly formless, having no beginning and no end)
edit on 27-2-2013 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure why this is difficult. Taking this verse and saying 'evil still exists so he lied' is pretty naive. Lincoln could state that the south was part of the union but the war still had to be fought and won. Jesus is not making a linear statement because He is not a linear being.

He stated his authority superseded that of all other spiritual beings. BUT the battle still has to be fought and even He stated to His disciples that they should not go across in to Asia yet and where do we see the largest concentration of non-Christians still to this day?

The world had been divided in to spiritual provinces each managed by a different spirit with Lucifer trying to conquer and unite all of them. Jesus is simply stating that He will conquer, not Lucifer. Lucifer will obtain a short window to attempt the final unification but in the end will fail.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm disgusted not by the Lord, disgusted not by the teachings of the Bible, but I am both saddened and sickened by the ones who TRULY believe it in this day and age!

(Gospel According to Shaun 07:79)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CashStronomer
I'm disgusted not by the Lord, disgusted not by the teachings of the Bible, but I am both saddened and sickened by the ones who TRULY believe it in this day and age!

(Gospel According to Shaun 07:79)

If you're not disgusted by the teachings of the Bible, how can those who believe in the teachings of the Bible make you sick?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

He is currently waiting for all of those who will believe and have faith in him to be completed before he returns.
Do you know of a Bible verse that actually says that, or is that a formula you created by taking parts of several verses from different spots and arranging them in order to make you own custom verse?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join