It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Maybe There ARE Chemtrails...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I wonder if UFO sightings increase in areas that have recently sprayed? I`m too lazy document and cross reference UFO sightings with "chemtrail" sightings.

I`m thinking maybe chemtrails are sprayed to create a highway or road in the sky on which an experimental aircraft could fly.I`m thinking maybe chemtrails consist of something that increases/decreases static electricity or magnetic fields for a short time (hours or days) in a limited area.An experimental aircraft that needs the increased or decreased static electricity or magnetic field could then travel along the chemtrail path like it was a road.An unfamilar looking experimental aircraft would look like and be reported as a UFO.

I guess i`ll never know since i`m too lazy to do any research on it.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Wrong. Not according to David Keith, the geoengineering scientist who has a plan to use aircraft to spray Sulferic Acid into the atmosphere about 20 kilo..

It might be a good idea to understand the context of the reply you quoted.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Daedalus

you must not be able to read either.....there's pages of the crap...
Not really. There are pages of people trying to explain some principles of meteorology. Not a lot of "because I said so...hurrrrr".

and did i use the words "shill" or "agent" anywhere?
Nope. Did I say you did? I have often been called a shill or agent though, simply because I have stated my opinion or offered actual evidence to back up my opinion.

We have you stating facts, and we have a home-maker, and self proclaimed cloud/sky/everything expert, and a jackass who assumes that if someone disagrees with them, that they are idiots who don't believe in science and reality....

what credentials do you lot have, that make you experts in the field? i'm not trying to be antagonistic, i'm genuinely curious..

when you have disembodied wordsmiths on an internet forum with no verifiable credentials, claiming to know all the answers, it makes it hard to believe, especially when they are actively berating anyone who disagrees....that's where the whole "because i said so" thing came from....to which the logical reply is "well, who the hell are you?"

as to the whole shill thing....fair enough....but i really didn't need you to tell me that's how it can be here sometimes...if you look at my join date, i've been here 4 years longer than you, i already know how it works...

thanks though.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

what credentials do you lot have, that make you experts in the field?

Not really relevant, is it? When the information presented is sourced and/or verifiable.

Just so we are clear that the name calling is not limited to one side of the discussion.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

Originally posted by Daedalus
reply to post by Phage

nice videos, by the way....but without knowing the circumstances under which they were filmed, they're kinda useless..

Which if I said it about "chemtrail" videos I would get soundly thrashed and called all kinds of things.
Funny, isn't it? So videos for "chemtrails" are evidence, but videos not for "chemtrails" are held to a higher standard of proof?

where did i say that?

again, assumptions, and spurious claims..

not all chemtrail videos are gold, i never said they were....

and the videos he posted were not against chemtrails either...they were just footage of flying through trails......there is no information on who filmed them, or under what circumstances.....nothing to show me that a regular non-commercial pilot could just go up, and fly behind a commercial flight, and take samples....

that is what i meant...NICE TRY THOUGH

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by HattoriHanzou

You have to actually read the whole report, not just the disclaimer.

Patents are listed, studies cited, it's full of poison to the anti-chemtrails propagandists.

I have read it. Have you? Where are the "chemtrails?" For that matter, where are the patents?
Don't see 'em in the report.
edit on 2/27/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

You didn´t read it. You just ctrl-S (SEARCHED) for the word "CHEMTRAILS" and "Chem-Trail" and all variants thereof with your government manufactured search program with all the most popular terms on one button!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

You didn´t read it.

Yes, I did.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yoursteppingonmytoes

You lack good discussion skills. You simply posted those videos to evoke a response. Or bait, flame, troll anyone who engaged with it. I see what you're doing and it won't be entertained.

I lack discussion skills you say?

Okay then let' have a discussion, what would you like to discuss?

Remember keep it easy since I have no skills according to you...

Great! Youtube is your source of evidence and debunking.

As is it the OP's also, so what does that say about this thread?

I also seem to remember you were all good to back this video in a different thread...

I guess youtube is only a good source when it suits your needs?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Ya know...I'm not going to bring up the name...because people around here love to value the messenger over the message but there was a claim that earth was being "terraformed" by ET's to be more hospitable for them. What better poster child than "global warming" to justify the "counter-actions" and Geo-engineering. The claim was that its all a front to dismiss concerns over regulating earths weather systems, patterns and promote these thing as a solution to a problem that EVEN scientists are apparently undecided upon.

IF chem-trailing was real...I would think it would fall right into the above category as well as explain its purpose/function.

I'm still on the fence with the chem-trail issue...I know for a fact contrails exist and how they are formed is documents and no duh common sense...considering that at least SOME of these trails in the sky might be more than simply contrails doesn't mean I'm trying to debunk contrails...I know they exist...not arguing that...

However...

Is it possible to spray chemicals from a plane?? YES (crop dusting)
Do they do this already?? YES (cloud seeding)
Would it be possible to spray chem from a large jet? YES
Would it look similar from 30k feet to a contrail? Most likely...

How would anyone know the difference between a contrail and a chem-trail from 30k feet if they were to exist?? They appear similar and as far as I can tell people aren't monitoring the chemical make-up of these trails in real-time...its all video with no chemical analysis so of course its easy to default to contrail...

If they were chemical trails no one would be the wiser because no one is investigating it properly and most are simply dismissing it as contrails with no further inquiry or investigation at all...

I'm still on the fence about whether or not chem-trails are actually happening but NOT on the fence about weather or not they are possible....they are entirely possible.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Daedalus
reply to post by Phage

i believe you missed the point.

the means to indepemndently test the trails would most likely be somewhere in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars...

Based on what? Even a 747 only cost somethign in the order of $20k per hour - why would you need hundreds of thousands for smaller aircraft flying a number of relatively short missions??

as to the regs, i may have mis-spoke on that.....i can't find a specific regulation earmarking an altitude range for commercial traffic, but there is a flight level range that is traditionally reserved for commercial traffic.

Class A airspace from 18000 ft to FL 600 (which is 60,000 feet) is reserved for Instrument Flight Rules Traffic - but it does not have to be commercial - you can fly a private a/c in that airspace if you follow the appropraite IFR rules.

i'll reply to your post...i know there's a similar one above from phage, but i don't want people thinking i'm hating on him, so i'll just answer you, and by extension, answer him..

so, based on what....based on the fact that while it may be cheaper to operate the smaller aircraft, you've also got to take into account the cost of sampling equipment, and the cost of access to proper lab facilities, and getting someone trustworthy, with the knowledge to actually make use of said lab facilities...and they're not gonna work for free..and then you still hafta take all of that, and put it into a report, and then find a way to get the information out to people....

doing a study, and publishing it isn't a cheap endeavor..

and thanks for the flight information..it's certainly not my area of expertise...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ive never really bought in to the idea of chemtrails, and i guess in many interpretations of the word i dont, but i know that geo engineering is occurring on a massive scale and i never thought of cloud seeding as chemtrails.

im an environmental and earth scientist so im very critical of claims without solid evidence to back them up, but i cant find fault with anything he really says in that video

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

so, based on what....based on the fact that while it may be cheaper to operate the smaller aircraft, you've also got to take into account the cost of sampling equipment, and the cost of access to proper lab facilities, and getting someone trustworthy, with the knowledge to actually make use of said lab facilities...and they're not gonna work for free..and then you still hafta take all of that, and put it into a report, and then find a way to get the information out to people....

How about somewhere that all of that is already waiting, and ready to be used...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It only takes ones eyes and a few minutes each day looking into the sky to find the truth

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

but i know that geo engineering is occurring on a massive scale

Are you talking about SRM? How do you know this? Personal experience?
Some evidence you can provide?

but i cant find fault with anything he really says in that video
Early on he talks about HAARP being used to fight methane releases. Do you agree with the feasibility of this?
edit on 2/27/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestorm

It only takes ones eyes and a few minutes each day looking into the sky to find the truth

And how exactly can you tell there is a difference with a trail at 35000 ft?

How do you do a chemical analysis at that altitude from the ground?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

what credentials do you lot have, that make you experts in the field?

Not really relevant, is it? When the information presented is sourced and/or verifiable.

Just so we are clear that the name calling is not limited to one side of the discussion.

true, the name calling isn't one-sided, but it is MOSTLY coming from the denial camp....

and yes, credentials ARE important....even with sourced information, the fact that it is sourced doesn't automatically make it gold...

without being able to verify the data is correct, all you're doing is spreading information that may or may not actually be accurate, in essence, you're parroting, without a clue.... i could show you a study from the 50s, that shows that smoking cigarettes is good, and healthy, and has a curative effect....it's sourced by scientists, so it must be true, right? i mean, doctors used to tell people smoking was a healthy and good thing to do, so it must still be right, right?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just a suggestion for all of you "chemtrailers."
STEP ONE: Contact Erin Brockovich and send her all of your chemtrail evidence! IF there is the LEAST shred of scientific support for your bitching and moaning and fantasizing about such a stupid idea as chemtrailing, she will put a stop to it...environmental concerns are her specialty. Plus, each person would be lauded as HEROES for saving the rest of us!!!
STEP TWO: Kindly go attach your mouths to the nearest exhaust pipe of any diesel automobile. You people are looking up, worried about plane exhaust, when the exhaust remnants you are currently WALKING IN and BREATHING are right next to you!?!?

There truly are suckers born every minute...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

and yes, credentials ARE important
Oh, I agree. The problem is, this is an anonymous forum on the internet so it doesn't really matter what any of us claim about ourselves. Including our IQ.

without being able to verify the data is correct, all you're doing is spreading information that may or may not actually be accurate, in essence, you're parroting, without a clue
Perhaps you would like to directly dispute some of the data I've provided.

could show you a study from the 50s, that shows that smoking cigarettes is good, and healthy, and has a curative effect
Not really relevant. No one is claiming that people didn't smoke cigarettes and no one is claiming that "chemtrails" are beneficial.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

i appreciate that, but that doesn't quite do it either..

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
can we test rain water as a collective group ?

Ilooked online a few years back, and aluminum tests are like $100 each

can we find a way to pay for a bunch of us to do samples around the world ?

that would be cool

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join