It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tokoloshe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Here's a bit about South Arfica's prime urban(and rural) legend,the tokoloshe.The belief in this being is as old as
Africa,and thought there are fiffering descriptions,i thought i'd bring something new to the forum-may add more as i search.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I seriously doubt it exists.
People there still believe in witchcraft and murder people accused of being witches.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I think its a demon spirit of Africa,seen in different forms and known by different names in different countries.Or one demon spirit that is "localised" to this part of Africa.The fear goes too deep,for too long.America has its squatches,so..idk?
This belief is an integral,ingrained part of the culture of black people in my country-and there's whites who believe too.Ive seen strange enough things in my life.White Afrikaners are a people that has always been open to a belief in the unseen world,although that may not be the impression has had of them.Many of them were gifted with the second sight/psychic abiliities/clairvoyance.I was raised in a home where i regularly was in the company of elders-and they are were very aware of the spiritual world,and paranormal happenings,though it was usually not publicly discussed.I mean,Seer van Rensburg was an Afrikaner.And of course,Credo Mutwa is worthy of a thread all by himself.

new topics

join