It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian, fiasco, will the real terrorists please stand up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The Syrian fiasco has really been bothering me. We are involved with helping the opposition to overthrow a tyrannical government. So they say. Tonight on CNN a heard a brief blib about Obama planning to send aid to the opposition. Who is the opposition? Funny our Government has a problem with Tyranny. I thought we had a war on terrorism that AlQaeda was an enemy.

1. Who is the Syrian Opposition

Syrian opposiyion demands support for alqaeda

As part of the US' charade in declaring support and recognition of the so-called "Syrian" opposition, it added one of the more extreme groups that make up the militant front operating inside Syria to a list of sanctioned terrorist organizations. The idea was to have a scapegoat to pin atrocities on while the West armed, funded, and provided military support for the rest of the extremist groups ravaging Syria. The ploy quickly fell apart however, when the US' own handpicked opposition leader, Moaz al-Khatib spoke out in protest. Reuters quoted al-Khatib as saying:

Why this may not be a good idea

Al-Khatib himself openly declares his intentions of establishing an "Islamic state" upon the ashes of the currently secular Syria, and has ties with the extremist Muslim Brotherhood. He was also a representative of Western big oil interests, in particular Royal Dutch Shell. Al-Khatib had worked at the al-Furat Petroleum Company for six years, according to the BBC, which is partnered with Shell Oil. Al-Khatib is also said to have lobbied for Shell in Syria between 2003-2004, and has likewise taught classes in both Europe and the United States, this according to his biography featured on his own website. The implications of the US-backed "opposition coalition" in Syria clearly collaborating with and acting in support of the terrorist Jabhat al-Nusra front, identifies it as providing material support or resources to a designated foreign terrorist organization, as per USC § 2339B which reads: "Whoever knowingly provides material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization, or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both, and, if the death of any person results, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life. To violate this paragraph, a person must have knowledge that the organization is a designated terrorist organization (as defined in subsection (g)(6)), that the organization has engaged or engages in terrorist activity (as defined in section 212(a)(3)(B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), or that the organization has engaged or engages in terrorism (as defined in section 140(d)(2) of the Foreign Relations Authorization Act, Fiscal Years 1988 and 1989)." Clearly, at the very least, the US cannot "recognize" such a group as the "representatives" of the Syrian people, nor can it support them in any manner, financial, militarily, or politically. To do so would implicate the US government itself as in violation of its own anti-terror laws.

From wilkepedia

The following is a timeline of alleged war crimes by FSA-aligned groups: On 22 May 2012, an FSA brigade kidnapped 11 Lebanese pilgrims coming from Iran.[166] Four of them were killed in an airstrike by the Syrian Air Force and the rest were released unharmed.[167] On 20 July 2012, Iraq's deputy interior minister, Adnan al-Assadi, said that Iraqi border guards had witnessed the FSA take control of a border post, detain a Syrian Army lieutenant colonel, and then cut off his arms and legs before executing 22 Syrian soldiers.[168] On 21 July 2012, Turkish truck drivers said that they had their trucks stolen by members of the FSA when it captured a border post. They said that some of the trucks were burnt and others sold back to their drivers after the goods were looted.[169] On 13 August 2012, a series of three videos surfaced showing executions of prisoners, apparently by rebel forces, in Aleppo province. In one video, six postal workers were being thrown off the main postal building in Al-Bab to their deaths, purportedly by FSA fighters. The gunmen claimed they were shabiha.[170][171][172][173] On 9 September 2012 the FSA exploded a car bomb near al-Hayat Hospital and the Central Hospital in Aleppo. According to Syrian state media, at least 30 people were killed[174] and more than 64 wounded.[175] The FSA claimed that the Army had occupied the hospital buildings and were using them as a base.[176] On 10 September 2012 the FSA's Hawks of Syria brigade executed more than 20 Syrian soldiers captured in Hanano military base.[177] On 2 November 2012 the FSA's al-Siddiq Battalion kidnapped and executed prominent Syrian actor Mohammed Rafeh. It claimed he was a member of the shabiha and was carrying a gun and military ID.[178][179]

Us considering aid to Syrian opposition

This is unethical, illegal and even if it was not. We do not have any business passing out aid to questionable causes when we can not pay our current bills....come on. Hoping for more info from my friends here at ATS. Would love for someone to show me that I have this all wrong. Thanks guys.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE

Here is the "brief blib" I read.

The Obama administration is moving toward increasing aid to the Syrian opposition, including providing nonlethal military equipment and possibly strategic military training, sources told CNN Tuesday.

Is this another bash the U.S thread for S&Fs?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE

These are the people that need help. Watch to the end warning graphic.

These people were unarmed protesters. Should we turn our back's on them, because some evil people moved in?

The U.S is in a dammed if you do dammed if you don't situation.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Speaking the truth is not "bashing".

Have an issue with reality, I would suggest that you make an effort to change an out of control, corrupt government.

With regards to the OP, why wouldnt the US support Al-CIAeda?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
And the US cannot stay out of this situation for which particular reason?

Stop aiding and fighting other people’s wars and helping gangs overthrow foreign Governments. You have far too many problems in your own backyard to deal with. Put people ahead of profit and power trips for the first time in modern history and actually make this very short life we all have an enjoyable one. You could start by bringing every troop home. Then disband the Fed and throw every dirty, grubby, greedy banker guilty of any crime in jail (or to save money line them up against a wall and put a bullet in their d!ck holes and watch them bleed). Bit morbid but oh well... You make you bed you lie in it. They’ve literally ruined and murder hundreds of millions of people - p!ss them right off from this earth. We’ll all be far better for it. When all is said and done, what’s the use in being the richest and most powerful man in the cemetery? You’re still in a cemetery and you’re not getting out. Too many sharks in the world. F*ck off the lot of you.

End rant.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

So you are saying we shouldn't send any non lethal aid (medical supplies, food, clothing)?

Or try to help the people who started the protest non violently, and were gunned down in the street?

If you follow current event's at all you should know the other groups came afterwards.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

You got that right.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Al Qaeda is the opposition they want to create an Islamic state in an era composed of diverse peoples and beliefs. So no we should not assist in bringing about worse conditions for other people. If you really believe that it is purely humanitarian you are delusional my friend. Every Military act we have undertaken has been for our own gain. I am not bashing my Country I love my country I love my fellow Americans as well. We should not involve our selves in any thing that has to do with terrorist groups that commit war crimes. America might serve well to handle it's own civil right issues.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

S&F I could care less about I am here for intelligent discussion and from other threads I have seen you on I thought you were as well. Have a wonderful night sir

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
after the US helped Al CIA duh ascend to power ( while starting thier own central bank and oil company in Libya ) its pretty obvious the US doesn't need to be bashed...
they need to be invaded and to have democracy spread on them for a change
what's good for the goose is good for the gander, eh wot!

which is prolly coming down the pipe from the same folks who brought you that get kony BS a while back, and the wmds in Iraq bs, and the bin laden in afghanistan BS, the bin laden in pakistan BS ...etc

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

As usual you fail prey to the opposition YouTube Propaganda

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I guess I also fell prey to the MSM & al-Jazeera propaganda from when the conflict started with protest only.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

al-Jazeera Qatar regime State run media. How very credible.

By the way the same video that you posted are also the same people who had established Sharia court in the area, and also where are the women protesters? oh thats right under Sharia women are forbidden.
edit on 11-3-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join