It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11th Circuit Court of Appeals Upholds Fourth Amendment Challenge...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
to Florida's Suspicionless Drug Testing Program

That's right! I know this will piss some people off, but it's unconstitutional under the Fourth Amendment protection against illegal searches and seizures. Asking for government assistance is *not* a reasonable suspicion of drug abuse!

And before anyone tries to play the "Well my job drug tests me for employment. So those who take my hard-earned money should get drug tested also" card, allow me to point out to you that companies do that for insurance reasons. Drug testing your employees lowers insurance costs. My company does the same thing. Originally it just upon being hired. Then a few years later they instituted random drug tests for employees because it would further drag down the insurance costs.

Florida’s drug testing law was challenged by Navy veteran, single father and University of Central Florida student Luis LeBron who applied for TANF but refused to be drug tested. His challenge led to a federal trial court order halting the law from taking effect on the grounds that it likely violated the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. The Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed the trial court’s decision.

Source Article

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Not protected by the fourth amendment. It's not involuntary search and seizure. If you want the welfare, you are submitting to it voluntarily.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
Not protected by the fourth amendment. It's not involuntary search and seizure. If you want the welfare, you are submitting to it voluntarily.

Wrong bro, welfare is a program designed to help those people the law is neglecting by not forcing greedy business owners to pay a livable wage for work done.

There is not one single good reason walmart makes hundreds of billions a year of profit by the tax payers providing their employees with the ability to feed their families.

Over 90percent of walmart employees qualify for welfare, in essence, we are cutting them a check for billions every year so their greedy shareholders, most of which already have more than the next 25 generations of their family could possibly spend, can continue to make money they not only dont need, but also dont deserve.

Lets talk turkey here. Walmart would not exist without their minimum wage employees correct? Given the obvious nature of the answer we will move on under the affirmative assumption.

So those actually making all the money for the company deserve nothing in return for their efforts, yet all their major investors are people who have never worked an actual day in their entire lives. Yet those same people doing all the work for next to nothing, now need help feeding their kids because these pos think their greed is the only thing that matters or should matter to everyone on earth. Believe tbat these " unskilled workers" deserve no more than they are already stealing from them. So now on top of the fact they actually all of walmarts money for the pos rich now dont deserve their rights?

You sir are stupid, die of syphilis, and burn for your avarice and loathing of those that actually work for a living, and were simply not lucky enough to have parents of rediculous wealth.

Your the some of so much wrong in this land.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

And yet numerous legal rulings by judges, state and federal, disagree with you.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think that all government officials should be drug AND IQ tested.
Every last one of them, it should be mandatory, every thirty days, and a polygraph, while hooked up to high voltage on their genitals and skull cap and the voltage released upon detection of a lie.
Yes sir, sign me up.
edit on 27-2-2013 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Wow now, I agree with your message, but maybe the delivery is a little harsh, but I get it, I'm just saying maybe turn the amplifier down from 11 ?
Thanks

(and that would be sum not some)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
I think that all government officials should be drug AND IQ tested.
Every last one of them, it should be mandatory, every thirty days, and a polygraph, while hooked up to high voltage on their genitals and skull cap and the voltage released upon detection of a lie.
Yes sir, sign me up.

I would generally not condone such drastic measures, however, I think the politicians have earned it...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Nor would I but they most certainly have earned it, to the nth degree.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

So you want to eliminate all politicians from holding office ?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

So you want to eliminate all politicians from holding office ?

clap clap clap clap, applause to you sir!

new topics

top topics

join