It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians Won't Save the US.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
We could all probably agree that politicians are natural born liars who promise the world but deliver very little. We could all probably agree that politicians start off in office as good people but ultimately become power hungry.We could all probably even agree that some politicians have good solutions to the woes that our country is experiencing at this very moment.

Where we usually disagree is the solution and which solution is the best. And of course, the division about which party has the best answers also leads to disagreement. BUT really, why do we put so much faith that politicians will save the day? Why do we put so much effort into voting and getting out the vote only to receive more of the same in the end?

It could probably be argued that politicians have created more problems than they have ever solved. There is a whole list of problems that we are facing and Congress is merely kicking the can down the road or just yacking about it. They can attend all kind of fundraisers, talk on tv all day, spend taxpayers money on all kinds of trips. You would think that coming off of an election, many of these Congressmen and women who won election would be fighting hard to implement the zillions solutions they had to offer prior to being elected instead.

Take education for example:

Who is really responsible for the failure of our school system? Teachers, administrators, parents? I am sure there is plenty of blame to go around, but the main culprits seem to be the politicians who dictate the terms on how our educational system should be modeled and financed. Yet, they have the audacity to scream about the failure of our schools and do very little to change the course.

What about math and sciences. More screaming from politicians about these areas as well.

America’s K-12 and post-secondary education systems are failing in their mission to prepare our nation’s children and young adults in science, technology, engineering and math, the STEM fields. And it is a national disaster in the making. -

bostonherald.com...

Notice the irony when politicians point out Americans weakness in math and science. The same politicians who have racked up a huge debt (math), can't balance a budget(math), and basically reduce NASA from first class to coach (science).

Should we continue to give out jobs to foreigners just because politicians think it is the best option? I have nothing against foreigners. I think every country should make an effort to produce the brightest people in every profession.

A bipartisan group of senators Tuesday proposed a bill to increase visas for immigrants with college degrees in math and science who want to work in America.

www.asme.org...

I could point out many more issues and examples, but I know I don't need to. The problems are more than apparent. I love my country and have faith that given the right opportunity many of my fellow Americans could excel in these fields and would be more than glad to fill up these positions. I know America can be great again. I know Americans can overcome obstacles. But all bets are off if have to keep depending on politicians who choose party over compromise, choose money (lobbyist) over ordinary voters.

Don't count on the politicians to save the day!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
They took my jarb!

Seriously, in postgraduate school in the US it's easily 80%+ foreigner.

As one of them science degree people I don't care if we bring in more science degree type people. Most citizens want nothing to do with it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Politics by its very nature requires people who can pass the buck, spin the truth to thier advantage, come off scott free, etc. People who are sincere in thier desire to serve thier electorates end up victims to the above. It is the same in the office, in the local church and the pigeon racing club. The kind of people who want power and are willing to do anything to get it trounce the ones who are honest.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
"Politicians are the entertainment division of the Military Industrial Complex"- Frank Zappa

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Politics by its very nature requires people who can pass the buck, spin the truth to thier advantage, come off scott free, etc. People who are sincere in thier desire to serve thier electorates end up victims to the above.

True in every sense of the word. I one time I had ambitions to run for office one day, but am glad that I never did.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

My wife wont let me for the same reasons, but I am too honest, I doubt I would last more than a year.

top topics

join