It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under-age rape victim convicted of fornication, sentenced to 100 lashes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

About the last part concerning Roma...

That's truly amazing. I've never heard that and I'm half "gypsy" (Roma and Traveller). Can you share more about this, please? I'd love to hear about it!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It's so backward, barbaric and disgusting. I have little else to say.

Other than how much it saddens me that we live in a world that has progressed so much, but yet this kind of thing still happens.... People can say "But it's their law" And i understand that, there's nothing we can really do. But when the world is so connected these days, and we hear of things going on around the world, you can't blame the everyday person to be completely and utterly disgusted with this type of behavior.

edit on 3-3-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Hi I remember it on a documentary I watched several year's ago but the theory went that about the seventh century the last hindu raja of india sent his imperial army complete with there travelling wagon's in which there family's would stay to fight the growing menace of the Islamic invasion that was causing problem's for india as far as trade and raid's into india were concerned, this great army complete with it's elephant's and equipment as well as there family's was made up of the very highest cast of the indian society that were the royal and noble family's even higher in cast that the brahmen priest's, for many year's they defeated army after army but attrition took it's course and they eventually having travelled far from home turned to go back only to find india had fallen to the moghul tribe's while they were away as without it's standing army the back door had been left wide open, what was left of the army then fragmented and became nomadic, the language that many Rrom or Roma still use has numbers and phrases that are still of sanscrit origin, now there are competing theory's but it would seem that they became a large itinerant population that mingled with the people's of the land's that they passed through so are not just of the raj phut army but there is definitely a core of truth to it, gypsy mysticism is partially a descendant of hindu mysticism, the name Gypsy is a misnomer that was applied when they first entered Europe and the European's thought they were Egyptian's. for hundred's of year's they shared there train's with jew's who were forbidden to settle and also intermarried.

Romania is the result of a dark age law that was passed by the feudal lords that if they found any gypsy on there land's they owned them and they forcibly settled the traveller's even crippling them like in the dark day's of American slavery by slicing the tendon's in there feet so they could not run away, often there song's include a lament for the lost homeland far away but as they are not solely of raman origin they can be said to have many lost homeland's,.

I hope this help's, it was a documentary I watched several year's ago and the name escape's me, made by an investigative linguist and anthropologist whom tried to trace the Roma back through history eventually to India nd the Raj Phut - almost every were they were persecuted and driven on or made slave's or scapegoat's - they are not to be mistaken with the Irish travellers whom are not gypsy but the descendant's of outlaw's exiled by the Irish clan's.

TO THE MODERATOR SORRY IF THIS SEEM'S OFF POST IT IS JUST A REPLY.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

That's so interesting. We've always known that we came out of India at some point, but the catalyst was unknown. We intermarried with many people from many lands over the centuries as we traveled, picking up bits of culture and language and assimilating them into ours. Here in SC where I was born, there is the largest Gypsy community in North America...there are Roma, Romanichal, Ludar, and many other types of gypsies and lots of Irish Travellers, they have all intermarried and the cultures and languages have become enmeshed here. My mother is mostly Roma and a quarter Traveller.

That was really interesting, thank you for sharing!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Your welcome, there is possibly some Russian gypsy in my ancestry as well, though the family history is sketchy at best, though I am part mainly Anglo/Irish with Maori on my father's mothers side and Yiddish on my mother's ancestral side, my maternal grandmother's uncle was a Russian gypsy, once we lose our identity it is a very difficult thing to recover, be proud of your ancestry, at one time I was interested in Islam, something about a free spiritual life that was portrayed (romantically and far from the true poverty and misery they live in) in many film's were the beduin tribe's herded there goat's and lived a hard but honest life moving with there flock's drew me and tugged at my heart string's but the English translation of the Koran (I was a faithfull but not church going Christian believer but had to find out) I read felt horrible to some sense inside me and when I read it (not completely) I understood it was definitely not for me (like an unpleasant burning that seemed to itch under my skin was the sensation I got from touching that book)., My mother has some paranormal sense and as a family we are all a little sensitive and seem to have a lot of spirit's around us, so I wonder if that is perhap's of Romany or Russian gypsy Inheritance,.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My Roma and Romanichal ancestors immigrated from Russia, France, and Italy. All of the women on my mother's side of the family have "the gift", the paranormal sensitivities and abilities...it's commonly known to be a Roma thing, that's why we all always get pegged as palm readers and tarot card readers and crystal ball readers, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join