cyclone Rusty makes shore.. video

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

hi

This is a new video of cyclone rustsy as it made shore in Australia It was recently upgraded to category 4 storm

crazy winds... just wanted to share

dawn.com...

SYDNEY: Australian authorities urged the evacuation of parts of the resource-rich northwest on Tuesday as a powerful cyclone whipped up huge seas, while a man died in heavy flooding in the northeast

NASA said Rusty’s eye alone measured 20 nautical miles across wow.

There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a cyclone is approaching the area. You need to take action and get ready to shelter from a cyclone,” Western Australia’s department of fire and emergency services said.

“People in low lying areas of Port Hedland… should relocate now because of very likely storm surge

edit on 26-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Geez, that's just loud & scary!! Stay safe!! Try updating if possible...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
LOL - I am currently onboard my ship approx 130nm from her.

We are at a safe haven in Exmouth gulf (21*56.3S, 114*22.1E) with about 20 other offshore vessels.

Gusting up to 35kts here but my brother, who lives in Karratha said its rather windy where he is.

Apparently Port Hedland is getting hammered as it is due to cross the coast (the cyclone centre) later today.

I was due to get off yesterday but cyclone avoidance take precedence for obvious reasons.

It is forecast to drop to a category 2 tomorrow

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wow, that's intense. Wonder who'd be crazy enough to drive around taking a video!! . I heard on a news update earlier this morning that rusty had stalled and or not moving very fast.

I can only assume more damage the longer it hangs around. Never been in any crazy or extreme weather like that and I think... No, I know I'd be pooping myself :O. Stay safe up there & hopes of not to much loss of life.

join