It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Aquatic Apes or Mermaid Data squashed before release...AGAIN.[HOAX]

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

it can stay open and, hopefully, I will hear from SI and he will provide me with the verification of data from his friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I'd just like to clarify to anyone reading the thread, the aquatic ape theory is not a hoax.

The perceived hoax in this instance is SI's lack of production of proof, which he stated he had in the OP.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

yes, the aquatic ape theory is a theory, not the reason for this being moved to the hoax section

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

So, if there are mermaids, then your not seeing the true question here...who made the mermaids is the question (again, assuming they exist)..genetic modification is the only possible conclusion..and far beyond our current level.

See, I never made it that far in my line of thinking. Just like most of the bigfoot videos I've seen, this was obviously a hoax. That's when my brain shuts down. I guess I'll consider how they evolved or who Dr. Frankensteined one together, if and when I see one (or a credible scientist shows whatever proof he has).

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413

Originally posted by SaturnFX

So, if there are mermaids, then your not seeing the true question here...who made the mermaids is the question (again, assuming they exist)..genetic modification is the only possible conclusion..and far beyond our current level.

See, I never made it that far in my line of thinking. Just like most of the bigfoot videos I've seen, this was obviously a hoax. That's when my brain shuts down. I guess I'll consider how they evolved or who Dr. Frankensteined one together, if and when I see one (or a credible scientist shows whatever proof he has).

Putting bigfoot in the same category as a mermaid doesn't make sense. evolutionwise, bigfoot is fine, whereas a mermaid is pretty improbable without considerable help. I would have to reconsider the entire nature of reality..or at least the story of earth with a mermaid..with a bigfoot..I would simply wonder if there will be one at a local zoo anytime soon.

That anyhow is how my "auto-hoax detector" works. If it is possible through natural evolution as we know it..then I entertain the thought a lot longer than something that is not.
Aliens, Bigfoot, sure...no issues in believing they could exist and we simply haven't gathered the evidence.
Mermaids, Centaurs, etc...then you hit upon the big bs detector that required a mountain of evidence to even start considering it as a natural occurance.

Ghosts...see, now that's a weird one. I would toss that on the mermaid pile also...if I didn't have my own experiences and personal evidence...but overall a person should toss something like that on the mermaid pile just on principle.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

But the aquatic ape theory does heavily imply the existence of mer people through the process of natural selection.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
I don't know if it has been posted yet, but some fragments are in this video

edit on 27-2-2013 by DutchBigBoy because: (no reason given)

Freeze at 1.41 you can see her knees bend, a fish creature would have no joint at that area.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Unless it was a hold over from evolutionary redundancy, like the skeletal structure of whale/dolphin fins which are shaped and jointed like a human hand.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
No word from SI?

This was quite the interesting thread but very anti-climatic.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

most hoaxers don't continue the hoax under the same name. they just start a new account and a new hoax

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

SI is banned.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

SI is banned.

Why?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well dammit liked reading threads from SI... this was just whack.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join