It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Aquatic Apes or Mermaid Data squashed before release...AGAIN.[HOAX]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

I considered putting the link on the board just to get people off my butt....and since the site is no longer even available...it would not cause anyone to damage their system.

Thing is...because what happened as far as how my three systems disconnected at the same time....there are now other issues here.

This is no longer a joke as if you know even a bit about a system...for some lines of code to be able to do that...that is heavy S#!%....and begs further study by pro's as is Mothman.

At this point I am defering to him and although I could end alot of grief here....I KNEW this going in and if you read this topic from the beginning....I even call it as such. Thank you for your confidence in me. I will try not to fail.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JustJoe

If you read the first few posts I put on page one...you will see I knew this might amount to a snipe hunt right from the beginning as it seems that every possible VIABLE piece of evidence has been erased or outright stolen.

I state that I do not usually comment upon Squashed Information...and there is a GOD reason I don't because I am aware exactly how such things are done. The only reason I did is I have a REASON for doing so.

I knew this was going to be a pain in the ass if the site did not pan out. But I TOLD everyone about these possible issues beforehand.

I did what I had to do.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Why would the U.S. Navy send a Navy Intel team to a beach with some dead whales?

There is a hell of alot going on pertaining to this issue.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Are we really discussing the validity of the discovery channel videos?

Does the OP have anything, other than commercials for a tv show, to back up his claim? This sure looks like someone is promoting a tv show which is a no-no in a variety of ways, one of which is the free advertising. Another is hoaxing.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
First, like bigfoot, I'll believe it when they catch a live one.

Secondly, I hate to be "that guy," but the word is Aquatic, not Aquadic. Had you not boasted an IQ of 174 in previous posts I wouldn't have mentioned it, as everyone makes mistakes.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
As I'm sure many here would agree, that first video in the link you posted is about as fake as you can get.

My first job when I left school was working on a fishing trawler, I've seen some odd stuff come up in nets, one time a friend of mine was on deck on another local boat when a badly decayed human body came up in the nets, they called the coastguard and informed them, the CG replied that they had no missing people on record at the time so they just cut the nets and let the body go back into the sea.

Some of the stuff we occasionally pulled out of the sea was from WW2, bit's of German and English aircraft, helmets, a rusty AA gun from a ship, sea-mines etc

Mermaids? IMO an old fisherman's tale.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Why would the U.S. Navy send a Navy Intel team to a beach with some dead whales?

Split Infinity

Where can you find pleasure
Search the world for treasure
Learn science technology
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
On the land or on the sea
Where can you learn to fly
Play in sports and skin dive
Study oceanography
Sign of for the big band
Or sit in the grandstand
When your team and others meet

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy

Sorry could not resist!
edit on 27-2-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I am aware that some of this video is FAKE.

they are promos from an animal planet series on monsters and myths.

The thread is now in the appropriate section.

OP, send me the data and I'll remove the tags and move the thread back to its original forum.

for those interested in the show, this seems to be it

the videos on the website are the teaser ads, meant to be promoted as real, to create interest in the show.

Now, I'm curious, Sonic, are you being paid by Animal Planet to promote the show?
edit on 27-2-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Split Infinity

I do not understand you seem to know that all of that is just stuff for a fictional TV show but, then you go on about things in them like they are real. Like the Navy Intel team was part of the TV show. A show that is fiction and made as a mockumentory.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
for those interested in the show, this seems to be it

The show does look interesting. Who doesn't like a bit of "sailors tales" now and then. But, this is in the hoax section now (late to the party). Is it because all the footage and the series is confirmed hoaxes, or the idea that the fed moved in and squashed the info on Ariel?

Now, I'm curious, Sonic, are you being paid by Animal Planet to promote the show

Followup question. How does one go about getting paid by animal planet to promote?

(paid to promote cool shows about furrys? come on! sweet gig.)

Anyhow..wouldn't the subject matter be more of a gray area than hoax?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
First, like bigfoot, I'll believe it when they catch a live one.

Well, "bigfoot" isn't really that absurd..just a uncategorized primate...we got plenty of primates...so I would put that as plausible.
but a mermaid..ya..no evolutionary path that makes sense. half fish, half primate..or half dolphin..whatever the case is, evolution wouldn't have done that.

So, if there are mermaids, then your not seeing the true question here...who made the mermaids is the question (again, assuming they exist)..genetic modification is the only possible conclusion..and far beyond our current level.

The closest thing evolution would do for a ocean mammal has already been done in whales and dolphins and the like..no arms, no flowing hair, etc.

Still...a cool mythos to consider. Listen to the Siren's wail.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

normally, this would fall under a variety of other threads but if you read through sonic's posts, he is claiming to have real data, video etc on mermaids and aquatic apes. he claims there's leaked info that's forthcoming, he has a friend who has a friend etc.

he seems to be hoaxing the site with his tale but his one link is to a site that shows the videos and the source being animal planet. read his posts and you see he's telling a tale that goes beyond the animal planet videos. that is a hoax.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

normally, this would fall under a variety of other threads but if you read through sonic's posts, he is claiming to have real data, video etc on mermaids and aquatic apes. he claims there's leaked info that's forthcoming, he has a friend who has a friend etc.

I assume by sonic, you mean split infinity. Ya, I didn't read the whole thread. why not just 404 the thread and send him a message suggesting he remake the thread with just a open discussion about the possibility of mermaids..and of course various links, clips, etc (not all animal planet related).

Some people get excited about upcoming shows of course...how many threads came about from the ancient aliens series and dissection of their episodes..but I see the point.

As far as hoax..well, its a mermaid. Of course its a hoax. I can believe in the possibility of many things. Aliens, bigfoot, hell, even deities...but mermaids and other "half" creatures (griffons, centaurs, etc) are simply pushing any form of belief and require some pretty solid evidence before even speculation can occur.

As far as him saying he has personal footage. That seems like a direct claim...whats the time limit before he has to put up or be sent to the ATS penalty box?

he seems to be hoaxing the site with his tale but his one link is to a site that shows the videos and the source being animal planet. read his posts and you see he's telling a tale that goes beyond the animal planet videos. that is a hoax.

Alas, telling fish tales about mermaids. Well, at least history is consistent.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

yes, split infinity
here's the opening post

would like folks to take a look at this...z6mag.com...

I have just a little while ago recieved a phone call from a...FRIEND...who has informed me some very good private video footage as well as still photographs and other data specific to this topic is currently being attemped to be released to many various Media sources.

This is the second attempt as the first attempt was squashed at source and those who did so did not realise that some remaining data was still in public hands.

Ordinarily I would not comment on the squashing of such sensitive information...but in this case...I have my reasons.

Split

seems pretty clear he's not just discussing the link to the commercials for a tv show.

thus, it's a hoax
edit on 27-2-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Looks like intentional deceit. There needs to be a forum beyond hoax for people who knowingly mislead others. Telling blatant lies for financial gain needs to have a greater punishment than simply hoax.

Funny how the same people ranting about the moral decay of society are the ones telling the most lies. Being part of the problem instead of the solution.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Looks like intentional deceit. There needs to be a forum beyond hoax for people who knowingly mislead others. Telling blatant lies for financial gain needs to have a greater punishment than simply hoax.

Funny how the same people ranting about the moral decay of society are the ones telling the most lies. Being part of the problem instead of the solution.

From what I understand, intentionally hoaxing something is bannation. Hard to prove intent though.

There was a long term fantastic member here that hardly ever got into any issues with mods. was super active on the aliens board and all his threads were intriguing with tons of friends (even people coming here specifically for his views alone..no, not lear.) and he got banned for what was assumed a intentional hoax (which there was no evidence showing he knew).

So, if they can do that...I imagine split may also be gone soon enough...sad really, I quite like some of the stuff he has done here. hopefully they have since instituted a "strike" counter and give personal warnings for such things.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

yes, split infinity
here's the opening post

would like folks to take a look at this...z6mag.com...

I have just a little while ago recieved a phone call from a...FRIEND...who has informed me some very good private video footage as well as still photographs and other data specific to this topic is currently being attemped to be released to many various Media sources.

This is the second attempt as the first attempt was squashed at source and those who did so did not realise that some remaining data was still in public hands.

Ordinarily I would not comment on the squashing of such sensitive information...but in this case...I have my reasons.

Split

seems pretty clear he's not just discussing the link to the commercials for a tv show.

thus, it's a hoax

Understand I am not trying to debate you on this. its a hoax..that much is clear..
But, he doesn't say he personally has info..he is stating he simply got a call from a friend to check that stuff out. Now, his friend may be a bit of a bonehead, and clearly split didn't really do any filtering to realize this is viral marketing (assume innocent until proven guilty).

Just saying, maybe hold the damning stick back a little bit. unless its his M.O. to make hoaxy threads and blur the line. I have seen him around the board of course, and don't remember him amping up any program in particular. Might just be overzealous about the subject so giving this a bit more credit than due?

Again..not wanting to debate the merits of this being in a hoax bin..the thread title says the data being squashed before release..it isn't (well, it is being marketed that way), therefore the thread is incorrect and that's enough to merit the hoax bin...but I don't really see anything he specifically said from the ops that indicates he has knowledge of the authenticity of the commercials...just that it was pointed out to him.

Meh, whatever. gonna trot off to the aliens board and talk about real stuff!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's pretty out there stuff split. And, you ruined my mermaid thoughts. Darryl Hannah replaced by a tailed goth on a dirty shoreline

Seriously, If the DOJ shut their site down because they believe they don't exist, could be legit. In one of the links it said that the two are just hard to find. Well, they need to pony up and show up IMO.

In the video of the girl swimming without moving her arms with a tail. Just watch videos of freediving. They have perfect form. Just as good or better than what the vid had.

It would be interesting if true, and I've always wondered if we came from the sea. Mostly because I love being in the water. I just don't believe. And, yeah HOAX bin is justified IMO.

Your efforts are truly appreciated Split and I know you're a good person. I'll keep an open mind. If there's any in Lake Michigan, I might see them soon.
edit on 27-2-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

confirms it's real

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is for real.

states he has knowledge of some mystical data

As far as my knowledge of this issue...it is more specific the the Squashed Data

more asserting that it's real (bolded for emphasis)

I was VERY hesitant to post this link as I believe some of this video is faked...but because of what I sometimes do...I KNOW the reality of this topic is not.

got the call (his girlfriend spoke to the friend)

OK...I have recieved a LINK that I am going to use my other computer to check out as I am aware how some things of this nature can have a very hardcore virus attached to them as well I want to see if it is a reality befor listing the link here.

setting us up for the link to not be available

OK...it seems that something is there but it is not yet opening as it stalls.

I was told it might do this as there are a few issues involved and I will attempt to connect every 5 minutes.

Hopefully it will work.

The last time I attempted to connect to a suspect site....a thousand little Blue Smurfs started marching across my scream as the virus was visual and read...Evil Smurf.

multiple posts about waiting, not working, then this

It says Eurallia Danforth and Thomas Hudson.

Then the side is not properly pixelated.

Below this has Aquadic Apes...then somethinf depixilated...then it says University of Southern California.

The...F@#%! I was thrown out!

Hold on.

calling in the big guns....MOTHMAN!

As I just posted...I know I got the spelling right but for there to be absolutely NOTHING on the net for this woman...tells me something.

I have an...associate known as MOTHMAN.

This person is quite possibly in the top 20 world wide as to be able to solve little issues such as these.

I am going to have him check this out.

some more attempts, some talk about the ultra secret mothman, viruses and other nonsense.

of course, no link, no data, nothing.

sure looks like he's pulling a hoax to me

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

calling in the big guns....MOTHMAN!

Well, if you don't trust a friend of Mothman, then what the hell dude? Are you also a disbeliever in snakelady?!

Anyhow, due diligence. I didn't know he dug such a giant hole for himself. A good sign of a fabricator is someone commenting like it was a live stream.

"let me just plug this in here and...wait..omg, what was that...hey..there is a guy with a gun in here..he is pointing it at me..he is..gahhh"
-send post-

Alas, the merfolk are safe for another day...

until the mothman gets on their trail anyhow.

Gonna close the thread, or can we goof around in here a bit longer?

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join