It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police agencies in the United States to begin using drones in 90 days

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Do you really think that will happen?!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

Do you really think that will happen?!

Think what will happen?

I'm not sure what your responding to.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

All hypothetical of course....but I've seen the old 12 gauge bird bombs in catalogs. They basically fire an artillery simulator (giant M-80) over a corn field or something to scare off the birds. I wonder what they do hitting a drone?

For that matter...The big mortar fireworks probably go within 400 feet, huh? I wonder what the shock wave to a drone would be like from one of those? They have big aerial explosive type fireworks in several states around. Hmm... 400 foot limitations could get fun for one side, anyway. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Do you really think all of this will happen:

Yep I absolutely agree that an independent organization or watchdog group is vital to beginning the incorporation of drones into law enforcement.

It should be made public also so that we the people can have oversight of them also.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

I don't. People will just accept them one day. They'll label people cooky "conspiracy theorists" for questioning their usage.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Do you really think all of this will happen:

Yep I absolutely agree that an independent organization or watchdog group is vital to beginning the incorporation of drones into law enforcement.

It should be made public also so that we the people can have oversight of them also.

Absolutely, if the people demand it we can make it happen.

People have quite a loud voice when they want to be heard.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

smh

You want drones with regulations and get the politicians involved? How will this be good??

I don't known your age, but I was born in 1969 and grew up in the '70's
Scenario 1: I was lost in the woods at 6, and I found my way out (taxpayer cost = 0)
Scenario 2: Neighbor was lost in the woods, and me and a buddy went and found him (taxpayer cost = 0)
Scenario 3: Neighbor down the street drunk fighting with girlfriend, is trying to pull her in the car to take her somewhere. My Dad and two friends knocked him out and freed the girl (taxpayer cost = 0)

Think about the philosophy of "this could have serious advantages"? They have none except assuage your unwarranted fear. I lived for many years without a cell phone and walked the streets alone at night at 10 years old. I don't need government "help" and regulation. It costs me money and wastes my time.

So now it's the 2013 and if a drone is following me, will i know what for? Maybe they got the wrong guy? Pull out potato gun made in the '70's from '70's steel made without OSHA's money grabbing. (taxpayer cost = $80,000 for a new drone).

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

I don't either. That's extreme wishful thinking and giving the government the benefit of the doubt.

No offense to Hope but I don't care about her being a political science major or whatever. That's like an extreme example of "Appeal to authority" reasoning if I've ever seen one. So because one is a Poli-Sci major, they are better than we are when it comes to topics regarding conspiracies involving the government? Because one is a Poli-Sci major they think government conspiracies are nonsense? Man, I want to find at least one Poli-Sci major who is a "government conspiracy theorist" (for lack of a better phrase)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

People have quite a loud voice when they want to be heard.

Such child-like hope and trust.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Well that's wonderful for you and I'm glad you made it ok.

To date, the Amber Alert Bill has saved the lives of 602 children and who knows how much higher that number would be if we had more eyes on the road.

Not all children have the skills you apparently did at your young age.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I heard Joe Biden, Barack Obama, and pretty much everyone else say those exact words. HMMMMMM

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu

I heard Joe Biden, Barack Obama, and pretty much everyone else say those exact words. HMMMMMM

Politicians are mainly concerned with remaining in power. If their constituents are demanding something in great enough numbers it will trump anything. Loyalty to party, corporate donations, personal beliefs.......This is a common factor among them that transcends political ideologies.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

It's not just them, Ibiubu. I'm pretty sure Bush said the same thing with the passing of the Patriot Act. Trusting any politician is absolutely ridiculous. They have their own agenda and our best interests are not what it is.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Really? Like letting the Bush tax cuts expire, closing Guantanamo Bay, ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, stopping drone strikes, legalizing marijuana, etc. Want me to keep going?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

All kids were like me back then. It was a different society, the old US. I remember it.

Now we have control freak, paranoid soccer moms that instill fear in the children so that they can't achieve the remarkable feat that I pulled off in 1974 when I found my way out of the woods. No Red Bull, No Snickers.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If one is buzzing around your head like a big mosquito is it all right to shoot it? What kind of regulations will the DNR be implementing on hunting these drones? Will we need a valid bird license? Are these drones a threat to our pets? Will these drones be snooping in the bathroom windows when our wives are showering?

I have a lot of questions to find the answers to.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

My point was, you're are verbatim repeating what they have been saying...scripted

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

"Don't Drone Me 'Bro or I Will Bag and Tag Yo"

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think SHTF when one of these guys collides with a Bald Eagle, California Condor, or some such endangered thing. Then all Hell will break loose as militant greens and Al Gore swoop onto the scene and start taking names and lawsuits.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Really? Like letting the Bush tax cuts expire, closing Guantanamo Bay, ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, stopping drone strikes, legalizing marijuana, etc. Want me to keep going?

Like I said, if you have enough demand for something then it will happen.

None of those items you listed had a large enough demand. However, if normal citizens are getting buzzed by drones while walking into Wal-mart I think you can count on enough people being upset by it to speak out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join